Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 9, 2011, 04:54 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Hell, I love BC2. If it looked exactly like BC2 I'd be happy... knowing this will look better, is even more awesome.
+1
Old Feb 9, 2011, 08:16 PM   #272
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
here is a movie about the Dynamic Radiosity lighting BF3 will be using
If they kill their overbright hdr/bloom and just use that lighting, it will be pretty cool
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:21 PM   #273
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
+1
+1
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:10 PM   #274
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Was posting a quote in another thread, but it should also be here to give us BF3'ers more hope.

This is EA's CEO pumping everyone MORE about BF3, also admitting MoH reboots sucked balls! (but maybe hints at it becoming an annual franchise for revenue generation? Also this ties in with EA's recent announcement of a new MoH game)

Source

Quote:
"I've made no excuse for the reality that I want market leadership in the first-person shooter game business," he said. "In many ways I feel that we created the first mass market first-person shooter with Medal of Honor and unfortunately with the transition to the PS3 era we lost that. We're after it now.

"There's a great thing about an annual franchise, whether it's us or our competition; when you've got that annual franchise it's a meal ticket, it can generate a great deal of income.

"One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be," he added.

"We think there's a window of opportunity here. We've been investing for three years to build Battlefield 3. I think it will stand up as the best product in the industry this year... and we're going dead at 'em."

BF3 has taken ~3 years. That's a nice development cycle. Also theyre on Forstbite 2.0 now, they know the engine, adapted it and made it better. This game needs to be GOTY for both us and EA.

Last edited by xNaquada : Feb 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:34 PM   #275
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't really like how he talks about MoH, I mean he talks like those game developers are EA's 2nd tier developers meant to bring yearly revenue. It just didn't sound very well in my ears.

Oh well, here is hoping for a great Battlefield 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:41 AM   #276
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I'm still massively skeptical. I think despite what they say, the PC game will have compromises, for instance I believe there is a mention of no commander etc. For me, the maps will be the deal breaker. They need to be open and free-roaming. If they are not, then no sale.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:44 AM   #277
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

I'm surprised you guys are gullible enough to trust these "screenshots".
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:05 PM   #278
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
I bet they will be close, BFBC2 is one good looking game and it looks fairly close to the screen shots. I have some faith in them, hell even if the maps are tiny compaired to BF maps, like in badcompany2 it will still be more fun than other shooters. Or I can get on a forum and whine and complain and say my vagina hurts 6 months before it is even released.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:15 PM   #279
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post

I dont trust the SS.

I play BFBC2 maxed. The game looks great for a FPS like this. It cant look WORSE quality wise(right :P) since the engine is now in 2.0, so I expect either the same everything, or most things being the same with some higher rez textures for PC (that will be scaled down for lower settings AND consoles)

I agree about the maps comment though.

As many have said, all we can do is wait and see for the mp demo.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:03 PM   #280
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordl3ssPen View Post
http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefiel...-info-blowout/

Definitely going to be a pre-order if they deliver on all of that. Also, did anyone notice the little jab at TF2 and Valve there in one of their points?

General sand and pale colors needs to come out. In must go lush greenery.
Its all sand these days.
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:56 PM   #281
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

You can bet that after three years of investment development EA will monetize exploit the product game to the maximum extent with a series of expansions and mods. One wonders if any "capable" second-tier teams remain as previous though and if not then all the better. However, DICE will presumably still take the customary vacation upon release and thus delay the inevitable patches.

Who believes the animations will be so detailed that during gameplay characters will lower their weapons at any time, face different directions, or stoop whilst running?

The peek piccy is especially annoying given the brouhaha over whether basic prone was going to be omitted when the question should have been whether peek would finally be added. And don't bother saying it would slow the action 'cause ye olde Rogue Spear arguably played at least as fast with the advantage of pitched battles -which are exponentially more fun than the repeated "expose yourself to die and then be revived or regenerated" schtick.

RS also had (more than a decade ago) a climb function for surmounting barriers which were not automatically traversed over. Yet in BF, a paving stone has to be jumped over and -impossibly, so too walls as if humans were lemurs. Worse, these queer mechanics inherently cause exploits. The BASE jumping has to go as well.

As for commander, it was implemented horribly in BF2 and degraded the game from BF. Good riddance. I sincerely hope there is no all-seeing-eye capability in BF3. The occasional area drone would be okay but in BF2 they were nearly constant and almost indestructable, and combined with the full scan eliminated any covert tactics.

Aaand, while I'm at it... I want server configurations to be strictly based upon modes and ranking. Any renters desiring to play outside these inherent rules can be unranked which are filtered out by default. Attempts by admins to apply make-believe rules would result in removal to the unranked category. In a nutshell, you're either part of the community or you're not and ranking is derived equally across each mode (rather than exploiting simpler play).

In BF2, an infantry-only mode was added which would have been fine if unranked and the filtering was not backwards -the listing could show either the mix of all servers or exclusively infantry-only, thus not actually capable of filtering them out.

For the love of the gods, implement proper range-based voices and allow radio comms to be text only. And don't expose the players body over the edge of buildings and whatnot.

That is all for now.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 06:07 PM   #282
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I just now realized why I didn't play BF2 too much since I bought it due to lack of time...I played BC2 a lot...its great game until saw this, I want BF3 now..I hope I will play this game better than BF2! If its release, I probably want to upgrade my video card for this. I hope i have enough money for christmas.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:41 PM   #283
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No kidding game is gonna be awesome, I can't wait. DICE has consistently made fun MP games, are they perfect? nope, but I think they don't make them perfect so the people who don't know how to enjoy a game have something to complain about in forums.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:18 AM   #284
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:33 AM   #285
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Didnt see much in that trailor but it still looked totally awesome to me
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:41 AM   #286
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
*touches self*
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:45 AM   #287
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Uncharted 4 looks better than the gameplay shown in that video.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:50 AM   #288
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
ice, that you?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:50 AM   #289
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
LOL
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:03 AM   #290
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Looks impressive and i cant wait for it, but im still doubtful until we see real hardcore gameplay.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:23 AM   #291
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
*touches self*
ROFL!
Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:47 AM   #292
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

not sure is this a console screenshot.
more pic from here
http://bf3blog.com/2011/02/more-batt...nshots-emerge/

from trailers

CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:13 AM   #293
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Looks impressive and i cant wait for it, but im still doubtful until we see real hardcore gameplay.
Exactly. That was less gameplay and more trailer.

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:08 PM   #294
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

guess we'll have to wait more...
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:23 PM   #295
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Nice teaser, probably all we can hope for since this game isn't coming out till the end of the year.

I liked what little I did see though.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:34 PM   #296
Alkali
Zooey Deschanel

Alkali is still being judged by the masses

I tried playing some BF2 special forces earlier today, and the servers were empty apart from two single-map only servers half full, and a bunch of clan servers with a few people in.

I think everyones in BFBC2 now
The time is right for BF3, hope it stays on track and is at least as good as BC2, hopefully better!

Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 2x2GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)
Playing: Rift, EVE-Online
Anticipating: Guildwars 2, BF3, BF1943
Alkali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:34 PM   #297
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Even though the graphics in the video were amazing, that's not what I'm looking forward too in this game. I'm looking forward to the gameplay(online).

I don't go back and play bf2 still to this day for the graphics...

Although they are nice
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:13 PM   #298
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
not sure is this a console screenshot.
more pic from here
http://bf3blog.com/2011/02/more-batt...nshots-emerge/

from trailers

HAWT
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:42 PM   #299
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I like the new animations. Like when the guy is running and at the same time turns to say "get down!" Or something to that effect. And also when the dude gets shot, it apparently has some physics involved in regards to the angle of impact.

And the maps look huge. Let's see how much of it is playable though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:11 PM   #300
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

I think i got jizz on my keyboard