Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:47 AM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

Looks like GRAW and BC2 had a baby and this is it.

I don't mind the visuals one bit, but I hope it doesn't just feel like I'm playing a BC2 mod. Battlefield's always had that unique way about it, you know? The way the vehicles handle, the way the planes fly, the movement of your character, all of that was in it's own special league in BF1942 / BF2, and I hope they retain that somehow in the new game.

If it 'plays' like BC2, I'll be passing it up I think.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 03:36 AM   #242
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

few more shots, man does it look good.

Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 03:51 AM   #243
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

Not to be the pessimistic voice of doom in every post, but I'll believe the graphics once I see a gameplay video. Everything seems a bit too aliased to be believable atm.

Although the pic with the HUD in looks schweeet - so the graphics can't be too different to those scans.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:01 AM   #244
Cordl3ssPen
nareteV D3egaR

Cordl3ssPen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post

http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefiel...-info-blowout/

Definitely going to be a pre-order if they deliver on all of that. Also, did anyone notice the little jab at TF2 and Valve there in one of their points?
Cordl3ssPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 07:53 AM   #245
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

It does sound all too good to be true. As I've said often in the past, 64 players is great, but its only great if the maps are A) big enough and B) non-linear, ie full free roaming. The maps in BC2 just killed it for me, linear, corridoor maps, totally uninteresting, taking gaming back to 1996. Its all about free roaming.

There is still a question mark over wether there is a commander mode, and I believe there are only 4 classes. As I say, I only played the BC2 beta, and have played on my mates PS3 version, but never actually bought it, so I don't have that much in-depth knowledge of BC2. I believe BC2 had 4 classes also.

If its 4 classes, then I presume they are;

- Assault
- Medic
- Recon / Sniper
- Engineer / Support?

I don't remember there being an Anti-tank class in BC2, (perhaps there was, I cant remember) but if so then thats a shame, as I used to play AT all the time.

I also hope they go back to the BF2 control type of the vehicles as I could never get the hand of flying the chopper in BC2. It just felt like it was made of plastic and the general controls just seemed "off".

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Feb 8, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 08:13 AM   #246
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordl3ssPen View Post
Quote:
PC is lead platform

lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 08:18 AM   #247
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Am i the only one who doesn't like the filter in those shots?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:16 AM   #248
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Kinda hard to say since they´re magazine scans.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:19 AM   #249
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Ah 4 pictures from a magazine, and we already have complaints. typical.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:23 AM   #250
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

The rumour is that they are planning on the "limited edition" (DLC) being available from the start, which gives you 4 maps from BF2 including Strike At Karkand (a map I cared little for to be honest).

If thats the case, then im shaking my head already. So they are planning on splitting up the community from day 1? Gamers that have the map pack, and gamers that don't? The DLC pack will be available for download a month after the games release.

Again, its a rumour and nothing is official yet, but if true then I think its ludicrous. Does anyone remember the "booster packs" for BF2? Total failure. Only a handful of people purchased them, thus no servers really ran the content, therefore, anyone who did buy one (thats me) had to connect to a handful of servers scattered across the planet, resulting in a lag-fest which was more often than not, unplayable. Simple rule is, if no one invests in the maps, then no servers will run them, making it pointless. Thankfully, DICE saw sense and included the booster pack as free content in the final BF2 1.51 patch, but by then it was too late really.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:53 AM   #251
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

yeah i see your point but seeing how the limited edition is only $49.95, I don't even see them putting out another edition. I don't know what they are thinking.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:13 AM   #252
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Kinda hard to say since they´re magazine scans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Ah 4 pictures from a magazine, and we already have complaints. typical.
I know they are scans (which your not supposed to post btw) but even so it looks like they are filtered, i've seen plenty of scans before, i know what they look like, i do realize which parts of the shots are artifacts from the scanning.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:00 PM   #253
Mac-10
Spray and Pray™

Mac-10 is still being judged by the masses

I find it odd that people believe this game is the lead platform. How many other developers have touted this? Its just a little pr stunt to lure people back in just to sucker them once again. The assets will be built around console limitations. Dx10 and 11 support mean nothing considering its being made for sub dx10 hardware on consoles. Its just easier to make a dirty port to pc if you have less hardware to cover. The more players means nothing if the maps are built around console limitations.

Of course people tout MAG on the ps3 as some kind of reference for big battles not being nerfed on consoles, but then I can tout Planetside which was done 7 years earlier on pc.
Mac-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:06 PM   #254
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

I believe them. And even if it wasn't, I don't mind. BC2 was a great port.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:23 PM   #255
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wow those screenies look sweet I wonder if they are cut scenes or gameplay.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:52 PM   #256
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
I believe them. And even if it wasn't, I don't mind. BC2 was a great port.
this
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:10 PM   #257
-smash-
Radeon R420

-smash- is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Wow those screenies look sweet I wonder if they are cut scenes or gameplay.
In-game.

Some people are saying it looks "too good" to be in-game, but people need to remember that radiosity, especially dynamic radiosity, is not something to **** with. It's a very accurate lighting technique and it looks like it's going to be well implemented in BF3. The screenshot of the soldiers kicking the door in looks almost real.

I can't wait for GDC!

Last edited by -smash- : Feb 8, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
-smash- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:50 PM   #258
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

lol scan of a magazine print of a photo of a display of a render, at best. Looks more like an artist's concept though.

Old Feb 8, 2011, 06:18 PM   #259
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It not concepts. Pre rendered, maybe. Staged, definitely.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 06:45 PM   #260
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

The same thing was done with Bad Company 2...

case in point

http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games...-2-russian.jpg

Just a **** ton of aliasing( or downscaling) don't really know which one + blurring.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz

Last edited by Xplode : Feb 8, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:26 PM   #261
mavman
True North

mavman is still being judged by the masses

SMOKE. Expect TONS of SMOKE AND HAZE like in BFBC2.
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 01:02 PM   #262
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Lots of anti-aliasing, but BC2 looks really damn close to that.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 01:14 PM   #263
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't get it. BC2 looks exactly like that as on those screenshots.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 01:23 PM   #264
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
I don't get it. BC2 looks exactly like that as on those screenshots.
Yup, only differencc is the anti aliasing, the russian medic with his foot on the wall of the roof was obviously positioned in an editor for that pic though.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:58 PM   #265
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post

Post of the thread!
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:47 PM   #266
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The lighting looks fantastic, it's probably the main factor in making those screens look so amazing. I am sad that they won't release their dev tools, though. Releasing those dev tools would make me so happy.

Edit: I am not sure, but it seems like some of the lighting techniques were already used in MoH, not to the extent of those pictures though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.

Last edited by Progression : Feb 9, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:53 PM   #267
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

here is a movie about the Dynamic Radiosity lighting BF3 will be using
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 04:17 PM   #268
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So I just got the digital version of GI mag. The screenshots look insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 04:23 PM   #269
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

I'm skepticle of the screen shots, but at the same time you know it's going to look better than BC2...
Old Feb 9, 2011, 05:48 PM   #270
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
I'm skepticle of the screen shots, but at the same time you know it's going to look better than BC2...
Hell, I love BC2. If it looked exactly like BC2 I'd be happy... knowing this will look better, is even more awesome.
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote