Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:13 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Default PS3 Blu-Ray Profile 1.1 update

Yep as allmost everyone allready knows PS3 got profile 1.1 update among other features suchs as Divx support. Sony is really putting some effort to PS3's media cababilities. Just tried some streaming with Nero home and it worked quite flawlessly even AC3 track played fine and Xvid files worked also. Too bad subtitles aren't supported and most likely won't ever be supported.

BDs featuring profile 1.1 features are due to release early on january. Here is a HiDefDigest article on the matter with more detail.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...file_1.1_/1278

Last edited by painkiller : Dec 18, 2007 at 11:24 AM.
painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:58 PM   #2
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

This is good news. It's nice to see the PS3 development moving forward and adopting newer standards.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:49 PM   #3
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

I like they're (Sony's) continual support. It might bother some but I enjoy having all these firmware updates.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:01 PM   #4
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
This is good news. It's nice to see the PS3 development moving forward and adopting newer standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
I like they're (Sony's) continual support. It might bother some but I enjoy having all these firmware updates.
PS3 is an anchor around Sony's neck right now, along with the cash they are pumping into Blu-Ray. It would be insane for Sony to drop the PS3... Although they already sold the Cell to Toshiba.

Also the firmware updates are like the 360 dashboard updates. Everything is too complex and can do too much now, for there not to be firmware available.

But I agree, that and the streaming PS1 games to your PSP is really sweet.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote