Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 22, 2020, 09:52 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

So, does one need to have finished the 1st one in order to enjoy this? Need a little change up in my gaming library until Ghost of Tsushima comes out.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:15 AM   #182
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
So, does one need to have finished the 1st one in order to enjoy this? Need a little change up in my gaming library until Ghost of Tsushima comes out.
Ideally yes you should play the first one.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:17 AM   #183
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I'd say yes, because otherwise the story will be "less".

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:07 AM   #184
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Welp, scratch this series then. Don't have time to go through the first ATM Maybe I'll catch this series in a few years.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:35 AM   #185
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Welp, scratch this series then. Don't have time to go through the first ATM Maybe I'll catch this series in a few years.
I wish I could play the first game again, for the very first time. Amazing experience.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:37 AM   #186
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am loving it. But I can see how some players that don't like story telling getting in the way of their action game may not rate the game 10/10. But bad review, no way. The game does tell a lot of backstory through flashbacks. The purpose is to lay the groundwork for the rage demonstrated by the characters in the game. Someone that is just here for the zombie killing could get impatient as some of these flashbacks are involved. I am not done yet. But, I can see how Naughty Dog is trying to weave together a story of revenge from many angles. Most of it starting with the end of Part I and one big lie that Joel told. The themes they are driving to are much more complex than in Part 1. So, the ending will be critical to see how they truly pull it off. So, I'll wait until then for a final judgment. Unfortunately I am back to work this week so my play time will be slowed dramatically. I am excited to see what happens.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:45 AM   #187
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I'm only 4 hours in.

Clickers are as tense as I remember them
There are far worse things to come....
Old Jun 22, 2020, 05:31 PM   #188
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

LOL

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 05:34 PM   #189
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I just got to the museum flashback scene. I just exited the space capsule and everything leading up to that left me feeling very sad. Mostly related to the big thing that already happened.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 07:24 PM   #190
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I wish I could play the first game again, for the very first time. Amazing experience.
im prolly the only person here who hasnt played it
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 07:49 PM   #191
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
im prolly the only person here who hasnt played it
It's really worth it if ya get the time.

I'm really wanting to buy 2 right now, but limited time ...I'll wait until I can play it every day.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:52 PM   #192
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I just did the hospital level. Took me about 3 hours. Wow. Couldn’t sleep for extra 30 minutes since I was so tense even after finishing it.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 06:13 PM   #193
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
It's really worth it if ya get the time.

I'm really wanting to buy 2 right now, but limited time ...I'll wait until I can play it every day.
i sold my ps4 a couple months ago
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Jun 23, 2020, 07:13 PM   #194
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
i sold my ps4 a couple months ago
You could always use PSN Now to play PS4 on a PC streamed. Just need a PS4 controller and a PSN Now subscription. Cheaper than buying a PS4, but Last of Us Part 2 isn't on it yet.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ex.../ps-now-on-pc/

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2020, 08:38 PM   #195
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I just did the hospital level. Took me about 3 hours. Wow. Couldn’t sleep for extra 30 minutes since I was so tense even after finishing it.
First encounter with the Scars? They have a pretty sophisticated whistle system. After a few encounters you can start to understand their signs. Bow and arrow is a great new tool also. Fun to use.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:23 AM   #196
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
First encounter with the Scars? They have a pretty sophisticated whistle system. After a few encounters you can start to understand their signs. Bow and arrow is a great new tool also. Fun to use.
Stalkers messed with my brain. Also hospital dudes AI was intense and the chase sequence had my heart racing. I am never like this normally but damn maybe it was no light in the room, HDR and darkness and just stupid whistles and stalker sounds that spooked me.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 01:07 AM   #197
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
Stalkers messed with my brain. Also hospital dudes AI was intense and the chase sequence had my heart racing. I am never like this normally but damn maybe it was no light in the room, HDR and darkness and just stupid whistles and stalker sounds that spooked me.
I hate those bastards and it even gets worse! Don't say too much about them because it is better if people experience it all without expecting it. I wish they never showed the night-time hanging scene in the trailers because that was one of the most intense scenes in any game I have ever played. I am glad I was on the couch playing on my PS4 because if I was at my computer, sitting in my wheeled desk chair, I would have accidently rolled myself right out of my office.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 09:15 AM   #198
Higgy10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
You could always use PSN Now to play PS4 on a PC streamed. Just need a PS4 controller and a PSN Now subscription. Cheaper than buying a PS4, but Last of Us Part 2 isn't on it yet.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ex.../ps-now-on-pc/
kind of a ball breaker since i dont have a dual shock controller. just a bought an xb1 controller tho of course
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Jun 24, 2020, 01:14 PM   #199
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Have time to dedicate some play time. Really enjoying the game!

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2020, 09:59 AM   #200
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
You should really play the first. You likely have gotten it for free on PS4 and it was probably the best PS3 exclusive. It may even be the best PS exclusive period.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:00 AM   #201
KAC
That postcount though...

I am enjoying the crap out of this one.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:04 AM   #202
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I am enjoying the crap out of this one.
I’m just shy of 8hrs in so far and I don’t have anything to complain about.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 01:42 PM   #203
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
kind of a ball breaker since i dont have a dual shock controller. just a bought an xb1 controller tho of course
Wouldn't be surprised if there is a way to get around that, or if it's just what Sony says to ensure maximum compatibility. Not sure what you do if you encountered a PS4 game that required the DualShock 4's touchpad to do something. PS2 and PS3 games shouldn't be a problem. Last of Us is originally a PS3 game so you won't encounter a problem.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2020, 03:15 PM   #204
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I’m just shy of 8hrs in so far and I don’t have anything to complain about.
I have one complaint, If I come across a door I want to open, I don't realise it's a open but you can't turn back kind of door.

So I haven't finished searching a area, ok I'll open door, oh **** I didn't want to lock the other area out now... checkpoint load... **** after the door

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2020, 07:46 PM   #205
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
I have one complaint, If I come across a door I want to open, I don't realise it's a open but you can't turn back kind of door.

So I haven't finished searching a area, ok I'll open door, oh **** I didn't want to lock the other area out now... checkpoint load... **** after the door
I hadn't noticed that ever. But I do like the idea that you can break windows to gain access to many things. I had the hardest time trying to figure out when I saw items in a glass case all I had to do was whack it and I am in. I am used to games where glass is impenetrable. You can gain access to many areas you think aren't possible by breaking windows. Although one time my window breaking enthusiasm got me in trouble as a bunch of infected came pouring out the window after I broke it. (run away!)

As I play I realized that his game is probably the closest to real life than anything else going these days. I spend half of my day trying to avoid people with a highly contagious illness the other half of the day I spend breaking windows and looting stuff. (too soon?)
Old Jun 25, 2020, 08:32 PM   #206
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:

So far, that’s only happened to me once really early on. I thought it happened again a little later but after a few minutes, it took me back to the other side.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 09:48 PM   #207
KAC
That postcount though...

I am in flooded city and it is still pretty intense. Damn this game is long.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:50 PM   #208
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
I am in flooded city and it is still pretty intense. Damn this game is long.
I am finishing up Seattle Day 3.2. So, I must be getting close to the end. Had the first boss battle of the series too. Pretty intense!
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:10 PM   #209
KAC
That postcount though...

You are doing Seattle as Ellie then you are not even halfway. Technically Seattle Day 3.2 is Flooded City
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:08 AM   #210
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
You are doing Seattle as Ellie then you are not even halfway. Technically Seattle Day 3.2 is Flooded City
I know Seattle Day 3 is Ellie. Day 3.2 is something else. I was trying to be obtuse to avoid spoilers. I think you get what I mean. Day 3.2 is a lot more than Flooded City. That is just the start of the day.