Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 19, 2020, 08:39 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Any chance to expand on why they are hating it without any spoilers?
In general the biggest thing is that they did not like the story. Can't really say much more than that without spoilers. Some mention gameplay has not improved and the AI is not great. Some mention that the companions are terrible or bland, esp compared to Ellie in the first game.

When the spoilers came out (which were largely true but not completely) there was a lot of people saying negative things and I'm not surprised about the bad user reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
The metacritic is mainly because Ellie is Lesbian, that's the reason why they are shitting on it.
I read a lot of user reviews and this is not a common issue. Ellie was a lesbian well before the sequel and this was made clear in the DLC for the first game.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:12 PM   #152
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am 8 hours in and game is gaining steam. Just got to the theatre.
I am really enjoying it but I can attest to the dumb AI. I cleared a whole big section by planting trip mines and hiding on the corner of stairs as enemies kept coming and I kept blowing them up one by one or stealth killing them.

However I love that I can rush enemies with my axe and really mess up their happiness. That never gets old lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:28 AM   #153
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

All the stellar reviews simply demonstrates how unreliable the gaming review process has become imo. The initial reviews for this game were based upon a restricted portion of the content, making them nothing more than a poll sample. I'm sure it will be fun to play, but its not a perfect IP.

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:39 AM   #154
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The omgrafix alone make it stellar. Gameplay is solid. Locations are breathtaking. Nothing is a perfect game but this is quite well done.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:47 AM   #155
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
All the stellar reviews simply demonstrates how unreliable the gaming review process has become imo. The initial reviews for this game were based upon a restricted portion of the content, making them nothing more than a poll sample. I'm sure it will be fun to play, but its not a perfect IP.
You finished it already?
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 06:43 AM   #156
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
The reviewers played the whole game, but they could only talk about the middle sections.

No game is perfect, but case in point if you like the first you will like this.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 10:33 AM   #157
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Metacritic haters: "I'm giving this game a 0 because OMGLESBIANS!!!"
10 mins later, gets on pr0nhub and watches lesbian pr0n.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 02:18 PM   #158
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

So I downloaded this earlier and am not very far in (just made it to Seattle after a very major event)...

...all I can say is that unless you are a *******g bigot this game is pretty darn good and seems like a worthy successor to the first game. Maybe it gets worse further in, but I can't imagine anyone giving this game a bad review.

I thought the intro to the first game was emotional (when Joel's daughter died), and this last sequence I just experienced definitely exceeded it. I was almost left in shock (probably because I avoided any spoilers).

On my brief amount of playtime I would consider this game quite superb.

Quote:
This has already been mentioned, but you are dead wrong. Reviewers had access to the entire game, but were initially only allowed to discuss/share a specific portion (which had nothing to do with how the game was reviewed).

Last edited by Clockwork : Jun 20, 2020 at 02:38 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 02:23 PM   #159
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

As an additional note, I just read the Metacritic user reviews. I can't help but think that these people haven't even played the game and are posting with an agenda. Actually, it's fairly *******g obvious that is what's going on.

White cis male fragility at its peak.

EDIT: And obviously not all of them come out and say it specifically, instead hiding behind "bad story" or "bad characters" yet at the time of many of these reviews there is no possible way that they have even played this to the extent at which they allude. Instead, they have decided to take what was learned through various leaks and external drama surrounding this game and then review bomb the game. If they had actually taken the time to play it, a lot of the things that people are upset about actually make sense or at least reflect a cold harsh reality. Not to give any spoilers, but if those fools expected a bad ass Joel as a super hero game then they were tragically mistaken, but that doesn't make the game bad. I am 100% sure of that and I'm not even that far in.

This is a TLoU to the core.

Last edited by Clockwork : Jun 20, 2020 at 02:58 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 06:17 PM   #160
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
As an additional note, I just read the Metacritic user reviews. I can't help but think that these people haven't even played the game and are posting with an agenda. Actually, it's fairly *******g obvious that is what's going on.

EDIT: And obviously not all of them come out and say it specifically, instead hiding behind "bad story" or "bad characters" yet at the time of many of these reviews there is no possible way that they have even played this to the extent at which they allude. Instead, they have decided to take what was learned through various leaks and external drama surrounding this game and then review bomb the game. If they had actually taken the time to play it, a lot of the things that people are upset about actually make sense or at least reflect a cold harsh reality. Not to give any spoilers, but if those fools expected a bad ass Joel as a super hero game then they were tragically mistaken, but that doesn't make the game bad. I am 100% sure of that and I'm not even that far in.

Well to be fair, the leaks did make it seem like this game was going to be an obnoxious SJW woke-fest. Actually I'm really surprised to see that everyone playing it seems to agree that it's not... interesting how different the overall experience is from the leaks. We always hear that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but certainly the leaks were more than just "a cover".

That being said, people shouldn't be leaving reviews if they haven't played the game.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 06:31 PM   #161
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Any confirmation this will have an enhanced version for PS5?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 08:02 PM   #162
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

I wonder if this being a PS exclusive set off people too. There is no way anyone that is playing the game now would give it the same reviews. I am deep into Seattle now and everything is very much classic Last of Us gameplay. The enemies are varied and challenging, the environment is perfectly scary, and the story is emotional. It is almost 100% certain that anyone that is writing a negative review did not play one minute of the game. I’ve played almost every waking moment since it released and feel like there is a lot more to go. I’ll wait until I finish to give my full impression. But, so far it is great.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 09:57 PM   #163
KAC
That postcount though...

Yeah I am headed for the hospital in Seattle and have had some really intense gameplay moments. Loving the game
Old Jun 20, 2020, 10:36 PM   #164
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Awesome, really happy to hear that it seems like most everyone here is enjoying it so far.

I think when I finish the games I'm currently playing, I'll fire up Last of Us on PS4 Pro and play through it to do a recap, then buy the new one.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:15 PM   #165
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Awesome, really happy to hear that it seems like most everyone here is enjoying it so far.

I think when I finish the games I'm currently playing, I'll fire up Last of Us on PS4 Pro and play through it to do a recap, then buy the new one.
I never finished the first one. I'll get to it one of these days.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:16 PM   #166
KAC
That postcount though...

Short version

Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:30 PM   #167
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Any confirmation this will have an enhanced version for PS5?
Most likely and they'll sell to you again.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:56 AM   #168
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
This is definitely one part I don’t like about Sony. At least MS has stated that your X1X games will work ok XSX without repurchase.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 01:23 AM   #169
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
You finished it already?
I have not. However perfection is something to be sought after, but never realized, because it doesn't exist. Therefore a perfect score is nothing more than a modified description of it being over-hyped. Ironically if I chose what I considered a perfect video game, it would probably be pong.

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 03:17 AM   #170
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Lots of positive impressions about the game here and other sites. I will definitely pick this up on PS5.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 03:21 AM   #171
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Lots of positive impressions about the game here and other sites. I will definitely pick this up on PS5.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 03:31 AM   #172
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
My PS4 is jacked and don't feel like paying to fix it now that the PS5 is on the horizon.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:27 AM   #173
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Well that's the thing. I don't have a PS4 Pro and was planning on buying a PS5. I sold my original PS4 long time ago after completing Last of Us 1 and Uncharted series.

Want to play this game now but doesn't make sense to buy a PS4 Pro now either.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:59 PM   #174
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ok talk about the game it self, critique the game whatever.

Anymore posts attacking each other, arguing about agenda's etc will be auto deleted.

Make a thread in PR if you want to talk about that stuff specifically.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jun 21, 2020, 01:00 PM   #175
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
The PS4 version works on the PS5, they haven't said anything about enhancing the game, but who knows.

Old Jun 21, 2020, 03:25 PM   #176
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

I thought I was nearing the end but now realize I am halfway there.

PS. Love what they’ve done to the Century Link.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 08:19 PM   #177
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 01:31 AM   #178
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Lost in the forest, dark as crap, lightning flashing, rain pouring down, and zombies fricken everywhere. I want my mommy...

I am about 20 hours in. Evidence strongly pointing to the bad reviews are BS right now...playing on normal difficulty because survivor mode would probably induce cardiac arrest...
Old Jun 22, 2020, 01:59 AM   #179
KAC
That postcount though...

I am only 11 hours in and yes, game like dope.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 02:39 AM   #180
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I'm only 4 hours in.

Clickers are as tense as I remember them