Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
Wink Why PC? (Part 1 and 2)

Why PC?

Editorial: I don't want what everyone else wants.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1059477p1.html
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Really dude?
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC View Post
Why PC?

Yep, already read that article. Nicely written and pretty much speaks my thoughts as well. Give me PC games, not watered down cross platform games.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:34 PM   #4
kn00tcn
zero-zero

kn00tcn is still being judged by the masses

gee, one of the comments

"for a top of the line, maxed out PC you can drop anywhere from 7 to even 15 THOUSAND(!!!!) dollars, for even a modest gaming PC, you can expect to pay at least 2.5 to 4 thousand. not everyone can afford this, "

OpenGL startup crash fix #1 / fix #2 (for < radeon 6000 cards?)
better crossfire for Section8 Prejudice, Hydrophobia, UDK
kn00tcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:48 PM   #5
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

buckshot23 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn00tcn View Post
gee, one of the comments

"for a top of the line, maxed out PC you can drop anywhere from 7 to even 15 THOUSAND(!!!!) dollars, for even a modest gaming PC, you can expect to pay at least 2.5 to 4 thousand. not everyone can afford this, "

That must be one of the most stupid comments I have seen in a long time.
buckshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:11 PM   #6
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
gee, one of the comments

where the hell are they buying these 15,000 dollar pc's? Oh I know circuit city... lol Anyone ever shop at Circuit City before they went out of buisness? 90 dollars for an HDMI cord. Seriously 90 bucks!
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:21 PM   #7
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC View Post
Why PC?

Why PC??????

[/end thread]

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:26 PM   #8
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot23 View Post
That must be one of the most stupid comments I have seen in a long time.
I have seen more stupid comments, read Gametrailers forums and comments for an hour or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:44 PM   #9
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I have seen more stupid comments, read Gametrailers forums and comments for an hour or so.
or the steam forums. or the gamefaqs forums.

but why would you do that to yourself?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:54 PM   #10
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
or the steam forums. or the gamefaqs forums.

but why would you do that to yourself?
because over there I recently read a comment saying PC don't have gamepads.
seriously I don't see that kinda stuff on steam forums .

I just need to watch the trailers and read absolutely nothing else, for some strange reason I keep forgetting that.
Quote:

Last edited by nomore : Jan 11, 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:18 PM   #11
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
because over there I recently read a comment saying PC don't have gamepads.
LOL that's good stuff.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:30 PM   #12
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I stick with PC so I can get awesome game week releases like this. Yeah, GO PC gaming GO!!!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:33 PM   #13
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
I stick with PC so I can get awesome game week releases like this. Yeah, GO PC gaming GO!!!

it is the only platform that gives you enough time to finish your games.
Quote:
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:28 AM   #14
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Another one of them stupid threads. Also you can get a gaming rig that will run crysis for about 800-1000$ these days. **** IGN. Stupid twats...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:05 AM   #15
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Another one of them stupid threads. Also you can get a gaming rig that will run crysis for about 800-1000$ these days. **** IGN. Stupid twats...
Even less them that in some cases, like mine, read it on the console forum in PC gaming or console thread.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:44 AM   #16
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Even less them that in some cases, like mine, read it on the console forum in PC gaming or console thread.
I was including a monitor, keyboard, mouse and all that crap as well.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:46 AM   #17
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
gee, one of the comments

You gotta remember most people don't build their own rig. I've been playing around at some sites and built a rig online with everything top of the line for $15k. Of course I didn't pull the trigger! I was just playing but this line is true. And yes, a modest gaming PC can run $2500 easy. Of course in the article the guy is being a douche because you don't have to spend that much, you can build a good rig for under $1k.

I never got into console gaming very much despite having had a NES, Xbox and a PS2 for a while also and a 360 now. Sitting on the couch with a gamepad doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I like the intimacy of the PC- I am a foot from the screen in my own little world totally immersed, not in the livingroom relaxing on the couch. Also, I like to tweak my PC and my games and I like modding. And of course, with my preferred gaming genre- racing sims- there are fewer peripherals as good for the consoles as for the PC. Not even to mention that the console racing games are anemic in comparison to PC racing sims.
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:33 AM   #18
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I was including a monitor, keyboard, mouse and all that crap as well.
Don't need to include a monitor in these comparisons... after all a lot of HDTVs have VGA ports and you still need a TV to begin with
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:21 PM   #19
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

PC rocks, but multiplatform ftw? I guess im gonna be with PC till I drop down the hole in the floor, it just makes sense on so many levels. As for some people's commments there.... My god.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:43 PM   #20
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybo View Post
I've been playing around at some sites and built a rig online with everything top of the line for $15k.
did you go to this site http://www.voodoopc.com/?
I still don't know how they are in business
Quote:
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:27 PM   #21
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
gee, one of the comments

I can think of a way to build a $1million+ PC. It involves building an IMAX theater as a Monitor though.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:50 PM   #22
Bender
Radeon R700

Bender is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

it is the only platform that gives you enough time to finish your games.
LMAO...true .

Great article that one. Love PC gaming here and can't see myself giving up on it any time soon (I do own an Xbox 360 though, mostly because they never released Halo 3 on PC and I wanted to see how it ends...lol).
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:44 AM   #23
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:51 AM   #24
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

talking about stupid comments. I had a co-worker tell me that I need to play consoles so I can play games in HD. I told him that I have been playing in HD for over 13 years now on the PC, he then said it was impossible because HD was just barely released, and PC don't have HD.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:54 AM   #25
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
talking about stupid comments. I had a co-worker tell me that I need to play consoles so I can play games in HD. I told him that I have been playing in HD for over 13 years now on the PC, he then said it was impossible because HD was just barely released, and PC don't have HD.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:08 AM   #26
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:12 AM   #27
Grand Poobah
Radeon R600

Grand Poobah is still being judged by the masses

I hope you corrected him instead of just making fun of him to some random people on the internet.
Grand Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:13 AM   #28
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Poobah View Post
I hope you corrected him instead of just making fun of him to some random people on the internet.
I tried, he wouldn't believe me, and he just made more stupid comments afterwords, like stating he has top of the line computer, and his PlayStation 2 had better graphics. This whole conversation took place about 4 months after PS3 released.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:44 AM   #29
adadk
HD6950 2GB

adadk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
did you go to this site http://www.voodoopc.com/?
I still don't know how they are in business
HP bought them back in September 2006. That's how.
Lian-Li A71F : MSI Z87-G45 : i5-4670K : MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G : 8gb Kingston HyperX Beasts : Antec Quattro 850W : WD VelociRaptor : LG SuperMulti DVDRW : Sharp Aquos 32" 1920x1080 : Logitech X-530 5.1 : Win7 32-bit Lian-Li PC-A05NB : Asus M3A78-CM : AthlonX2 5200+ : TT DuOrb'd Radeon HD3870 : 2gb Corsair PC-6400 : Auzentech HDAXplosion 7.1 : LG Super Multi BR&HD-DVD : Logitech Z-5500 Digital : LG 42" LCD 1366x768 : Vista HP 32-bit 1U rack chassis : Intel SE7501WV2 board : dual s604 2.8Ghz Xeon's : 2gb ECC DDR400 RAM : 73gb SCSI HDD : Server 2003 Enterprise
adadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:54 AM   #30
Bender
Radeon R700

Bender is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Argh...I wish there was some way I could project a back hand towards your stupid co-worker at a distance...
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote