Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 13, 2007, 04:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Default that black metal band that ate each other?

I'm reading up on black metal, the genre doesn't really do anything for me but the stories are insane and I'm bored.

I seem to remember reading up on a band that was just messed up. Like a member killed himself, one member ate another member and one is probably in jail for murder.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Also anyone have any other black metal (messed up) band stories I should be looking up?

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
“In the early 1990s, satanic black-metal records by bands like Mayhem and Satyricon overtook pickled herring as the nation’s largest export. The movement’s core, who called themselves the Black Circle, became infamous for church burnings and posing with complicated knives on the cover of Kerrang!”

So, it would seem, a group of associates (some of whom ate each other) are responsible for the genre and that nothing specifically about Norway had anything to do with it.
Source:

http://www.daleprince.com/?m=200505

Sorry about the Gay Librarian thing, it may not have anything directly to do with the bands. But the quote above is on the webpage.

And here's the Google search that produced the link, I used what was right in the thread topic:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 04:57 PM   #3
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Varg Vikernes is considered to be pretty notorious in the BM world...at least he used to be.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2007, 04:59 PM   #4
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

yea read up on him, killed a guy but it seems for financal problems he had withthe mayhem band member.

spencer thats not the band I believe. I thought it was "death" but they're american based and definitely what I wasn't looking for. It was kind of a smaller BM band, not the big names

by the way do a search for True Norwegian Black Metal on youtube, really intresting documentary. Mainly focus' on the vocalist for gogoroth graahl

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
Old Oct 13, 2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
yea read up on him, killed a guy but it seems for financal problems he had withthe mayhem band member.

spencer thats not the band I believe. I thought it was "death" but they're american based and definitely what I wasn't looking for. It was kind of a smaller BM band, not the big names

by the way do a search for True Norwegian Black Metal on youtube, really intresting documentary. Mainly focus' on the vocalist for gogoroth graahl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)

i really think it is mayhem that you're referring to... read that, theres talks of flesh eating(that was only rumored to happen, never actually happened) in the article...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 05:53 PM   #6
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

ah thank you. it's probably mayhem, I read up on a band on wiki a while ago so information has changed most likely

definitely mayhem, reason I thought it was death the band is because dead was the vocalists name. I definitely remember the suicide note saying "excuse all the blood"

also sorry spencer I was wrong.

Last edited by bounty_hunter : Oct 13, 2007 at 06:09 PM.