Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Sep 12, 2016, 04:21 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
Looks like the power company finally figured out what I was doing (nothing illegal, just that I was using more power - we're billed at a flat rate unless we have drastic overage), don't think I can justify the extra $60/mo so I'm going to have to shut her down. Was fun while it lasted, glad I could contribute something.

I'd drop it to just 1 GPU then and clock it at say.. 800Mhz.

Just don't worry about CPU folding. Should only cost roughly $10-15/month I'd think.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 09:26 PM   #62
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

absolutefunk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Well, I am averaging 290,000ppd. Now Its not getting any more work from server. lol
Fixed the GPU issue eh?

Quote:
Looks like the power company finally figured out what I was doing (nothing illegal, just that I was using more power - we're billed at a flat rate unless we have drastic overage), don't think I can justify the extra $60/mo so I'm going to have to shut her down. Was fun while it lasted, glad I could contribute something.
Can you just reduce folding a bit so that the electric company won't consider it an overage? You're putting out mad points, so even like a third of that would be super awesome. That and come winter, the folding will save you from having to use the heater

AXP-M 2400+ AQYHA; [email protected]
Asus A7N8X-E 1012 trats cpc=on
Crucial 1024mb PC3200; [email protected] (3-3-3-8)
Thermalright SP97 /w Delta 80mm
1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
Antec P160 /w TruePower 430w
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro
Adaptec 2490uw SCSI /w 2x Plextor CD/CD-R

Folding @ Home: the only useful way to use that extra CPU... and possible GPU... time!!
absolutefunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 09:47 AM   #63
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nope. Even tried resetting the client. Nothing changed when it stopped working. Just came home one day and didn't hear the 780Ti's fan ramped up.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 13, 2016, 06:11 PM   #64
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
Nope. Even tried resetting the client. Nothing changed when it stopped working. Just came home one day and didn't hear the 780Ti's fan ramped up.
It's not getting any work?

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Folding @ Home: the only useful way to use that extra CPU... and possible GPU... time!!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 09:23 PM   #65
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Yea, just not pulling any work down.

Holy crap... Its pulling a WU now. Did a force check like I did this morning and bam... work is downloading.

Last edited by Flyordie : Sep 13, 2016 at 09:30 PM.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:36 PM   #66
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

Cool

Damn, it's really good to see the team coming back to life! I was even getting my own rig folding again and then decided to get anew job and pack it all up again and move to Oregon It's probably time to do a major overhaul anyway, two HD6950s aren't that great anymore
Old Sep 16, 2016, 06:36 PM   #67
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'll look into reducing percentage of usage rather than just stopping outright. I did stop the process the other day though so I've been down for a bit now.

I tried folding on my Titan XP system a little while ago and it didn't like it (rebooted after only a few seconds). Maybe I'll run that for a bit if I can figure out the reboot issue. The CPU in my current folding rig consumes more power than even the Titan XP does so not doing CPU folding anymore could make enough of a difference to justify continuing.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2016, 01:21 PM   #68
jima13
Retired

jima13 is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
I'll look into reducing percentage of usage rather than just stopping outright. I did stop the process the other day though so I've been down for a bit now.

I tried folding on my Titan XP system a little while ago and it didn't like it (rebooted after only a few seconds). Maybe I'll run that for a bit if I can figure out the reboot issue. The CPU in my current folding rig consumes more power than even the Titan XP does so not doing CPU folding anymore could make enough of a difference to justify continuing.
We have the 'nerdgasm' team in our rear-view. I checked Jerry's (Barnacules) youtube channel and watched him pimp FAH. He also was given 2 Titans and is running them in sli and folding. It looks like he got a lot of his subs to run FAH, but they are steadily dropping out. Still thought his vid was a good idea though

Good luck getting yours sorted...
jima13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2016, 05:56 PM   #69
Flyordie
Lets roll...

I'm gonna try to restart but bleh... My FX8320 doesn't like it.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:59 AM   #70
jima13
Retired

Angry Screw MS

I hate forced updates! Borked several of my 1070 systems with win 10 and 8.1. I have them all set to notify, but now I'm going to waste time wiping the drives and going back to win 7....I'm really, really pissed off right now.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:59 AM   #71
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima13 View Post
I hate forced updates! Borked several of my 1070 systems with win 10 and 8.1. I have them all set to notify, but now I'm going to waste time wiping the drives and going back to win 7....I'm really, really pissed off right now.
Yea, mine did that too.

Windows 10 is irritating me alot though.

I install the graphics drivers.. then upon restart windows loses the OpenCL.dll file. idk what the heck is going on with it.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:32 AM   #72
Turbo_Rage3d_
Blessed to be here!

Turbo_Rage3d_ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yea, mine did that too.

Windows 10 is irritating me alot though.

I install the graphics drivers.. then upon restart windows loses the OpenCL.dll file. idk what the heck is going on with it.
I've had similar issues too, right now though I'm about to have to move so folding will be on hold for a little while. I will be back ASAP though.
Turbo_Rage3d_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2016, 03:25 AM   #73
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Just hit the "Fold" button again. Downloading a WU finally... Cleaned up the HSF today also.. so should be able to push clocks a bit higher the 780Ti.

Says 301,185ppd at current clock speeds. (1,131Mhz Core, 1,750Mhz Mem, 1.162V Core)

Bumped the clocks up some more.. 1,151Mhz Core now.. dropped voltage to 1.150V Core

Last edited by Flyordie : Oct 18, 2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 05:47 PM   #74
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
Just hit the "Fold" button again. Downloading a WU finally... Cleaned up the HSF today also.. so should be able to push clocks a bit higher the 780Ti.

Says 301,185ppd at current clock speeds. (1,131Mhz Core, 1,750Mhz Mem, 1.162V Core)

Bumped the clocks up some more.. 1,151Mhz Core now.. dropped voltage to 1.150V Core
Looks like you got the issues resolved, looking at your PPD now
Btw, according to my threat list, you'll overtake me a couple months

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:17 PM   #75
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutefunk View Post
Looks like you got the issues resolved, looking at your PPD now
Btw, according to my threat list, you'll overtake me a couple months

Well, I am just fiddling. Will go down next week though. Getting a new PSU.

Gonna postpone the GPU upgrade till the RX4xx refresh. (I sense some better cards coming 1Q17)

Gonna get a
SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular

Can't beat $99 for a high quality 850W PSU. I paid $96 for the PSU in my specs 7 years ago. (Jan 2009, and it was a refurb unit from Seasonic)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 04:55 PM   #76
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
Well, I am just fiddling. Will go down next week though. Getting a new PSU.

Gonna postpone the GPU upgrade till the RX4xx refresh. (I sense some better cards coming 1Q17)

Gonna get a
SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular

Can't beat $99 for a high quality 850W PSU. I paid $96 for the PSU in my specs 7 years ago. (Jan 2009, and it was a refurb unit from Seasonic)
I hear ya on waiting for a new GPU. I wasn't even planning on buying the Nano I have, but I also figured that playing Doom on a Radeon 5770 would really suck (btw, if you are wondering why a Nano, my desktop is an SFF build and it was the best card I could fit in the case)

$99 is pretty good for that class of PSU. Which PSU are you replacing? (sorry, your sig doesn't include your build ). The PSU in my sig I think I still have in a drawer somewhere Actually that PC I had up until last year when I recycled it before moving.

-Brian

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Oct 24, 2016, 05:15 PM   #77
jima13
Retired

Folding@home

Well, ****! (a Varric quote)

2 of my 3 1070's are O/S. One system with a month old i5 6600k fails the cpu check after a windows update, and a power outage has the other system failing to initialize the north & south bridges,and that's a new z99 mobo....I hate computers

I might take one 1070 and sli it with the one that's working...
Old Oct 24, 2016, 05:35 PM   #78
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
I hear ya on waiting for a new GPU. I wasn't even planning on buying the Nano I have, but I also figured that playing Doom on a Radeon 5770 would really suck (btw, if you are wondering why a Nano, my desktop is an SFF build and it was the best card I could fit in the case)

$99 is pretty good for that class of PSU. Which PSU are you replacing? (sorry, your sig doesn't include your build ). The PSU in my sig I think I still have in a drawer somewhere Actually that PC I had up until last year when I recycled it before moving.

-Brian

I am replacing a SeaSonic SS-550HT "Retail" model with the black powdercoat and sleeved cables etc.. 80PLUS yada yada... 7 years old. Its been through 3 builds. Athlon64 X2 3800+, (Phenom II X4 920, Phenom II X2 550) and now the FX 8320.

The best PSU I have in terms of efficiency though is the Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU (built by SeaSonic, not the newer Delta built ones). Running with just the A64 X2 and an X1800GTO it was pulling about 85-86% efficiency at full load. 245W from the wall. That PSU convinced me to go with SeaSonic from this day forward.

Last edited by Flyordie : Oct 24, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 02:38 PM   #79
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
I am replacing a SeaSonic SS-550HT "Retail" model with the black powdercoat and sleeved cables etc.. 80PLUS yada yada... 7 years old. Its been through 3 builds. Athlon64 X2 3800+, (Phenom II X4 920, Phenom II X2 550) and now the FX 8320.

The best PSU I have in terms of efficiency though is the Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU (built by SeaSonic, not the newer Delta built ones). Running with just the A64 X2 and an X1800GTO it was pulling about 85-86% efficiency at full load. 245W from the wall. That PSU convinced me to go with SeaSonic from this day forward.
Nice! Still staying with AMD CPUs I tried, but my last couple of builds have been Intel (still loyal to AMD for the GPUs though).

It was Antec PSUs which ultimately led me to this forum. I bought a Radeon 8500 back in 2002, and it was artifacting bad on me. I came here to find a solution, though no one really knew what was going on. A bunch of us were having this problem. We discovered that our cards all had blue marked caps, whereas the working ones were all black marked (the majority). While my card was ultimately fine, it seemed much more sensitive to the +5V rail (I think, honestly I can't remember anymore, been so long ) and my Antec 400W I was running was designed for old school servers lol. So threw in an Antec TruPower and boom, all was well (lol, back then it wasn't as common to recommend a replacement PSU to diagnose GPU issues... now it's like the first thing to replace )

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Oct 25, 2016, 02:46 PM   #80
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima13 View Post
Well, ****! (a Varric quote)

2 of my 3 1070's are O/S. One system with a month old i5 6600k fails the cpu check after a windows update, and a power outage has the other system failing to initialize the north & south bridges,and that's a new z99 mobo....I hate computers

I might take one 1070 and sli it with the one that's working...
Man, that is some bad luck! I hope you can get those 1070's back up! I'd imagine the 6600k is fine; it may be your system telling you it's time for Linux (actually how is GPU folding on linux? Or do you need Windows for it? My linux boxes only CPU fold... ).

Keep us updated! Just one of your 1070's folds more than all my systems combined... 20X

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Nov 20, 2016, 03:38 PM   #81
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

just takin a peak. . .
Slowly but steadily climbing.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 03:59 PM   #82
jima13
Retired

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
just takin a peak. . .
It all helps
Old Nov 21, 2016, 03:50 AM   #83
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
just takin a peak. . .
I checked your stats, it looks like you are not getting any quick return bonus for your WUs (and judging by return times, you should get a bonus). Are you using a passkey?

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Nov 25, 2016, 08:39 PM   #84
Flyordie
Lets roll...

I just got slammed with this HUUUGEEEEEEEE WU... Estimated Credit- "191,338 Points". Gonna take 10hrs 11m for my 780Ti to finish it @ 1.2Ghz.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 03:50 AM   #85
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:
I just got slammed with this HUUUGEEEEEEEE WU... Estimated Credit- "191,338 Points". Gonna take 10hrs 11m for my 780Ti to finish it @ 1.2Ghz.
If you could get those all the time you'd be in 400K PPD territory

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Dec 1, 2016, 03:23 AM   #86
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Thats what the rig runs at when I am at work or not using it. Not bad for a 63% ASIC. lol
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:28 PM   #87
sago
Radeon R200

sago is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thats what the rig runs at when I am at work or not using it. Not bad for a 63% ASIC. lol
Nice OC.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 05:40 AM   #88
absolutefunk
Insert witty remark here

Quote:

Nice work!

Welcome back Sago!

1X WD 2500JD
1X WD 600BB
ATi Radeon AIW 9800pro

Old Dec 3, 2016, 07:28 AM   #89
sago
Radeon R200

sago is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Quote:
Welcome back Sago!

thanks sir. trying to help the cause
Old Dec 3, 2016, 01:01 PM   #90
jima13