Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:59 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Had my phone interview, last 45 minutes. Ended with him saying "Good stuff, I'll be in touch with HR and see if they have anyone else for me to interview" or something to that effect. Not even an hour later I got an email from the local manager with a subject of "Level completed: Next up, Final Boss" and the email said my phone interview went well, he'll find out if there are any other challenges to subject me to.

To me, sounds like he's using the "final boss" thing metaphorically, not like I'm meeting an actual boss in another interview. Either way, good news.
sounds wicked!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:00 PM   #32
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Hour after my last update HR called again and said the phone interviewer told her he was very impressed and hadn't interviewed someone who sold himself as well as I have in quite some time. They're going to do the background check and stuff and if it passes, formal offer incoming.
awe!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:25 PM   #33
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They moved crazy fast. I just had my interview Thursday, thanked them Friday, and here we are Tuesday with an unofficial offer... I'm excited. This is a huge company that's been growing every year since 1980.

I simply cannot wait to hand in my resignation. Feel bad for my buddy, he keeps saying how much his life is going to suck and they're going to be screwed without me.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:31 PM   #34
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Hour after my last update HR called again and said the phone interviewer told her he was very impressed and hadn't interviewed someone who sold himself as well as I have in quite some time. They're going to do the background check and stuff and if it passes, formal offer incoming.
So the wife gave you a thumps up, I mean the Final Boss!! Congrats!!! As I am sure the background check will be no issue.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:59 PM   #35
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
They moved crazy fast. I just had my interview Thursday, thanked them Friday, and here we are Tuesday with an unofficial offer... I'm excited. This is a huge company that's been growing every year since 1980.

I simply cannot wait to hand in my resignation. Feel bad for my buddy, he keeps saying how much his life is going to suck and they're going to be screwed without me.
Sounds like my interview process with the company I work for now, though the ending was a little different and I think they were trolling me.

Day 0: Put in my resume with the company

Day 1: Get called for a phone interview. Told if they decide to move on I'll find out late next week.

Day 2: (yes, literally the next day, not late next week), I get a phone call to come to an interview at the office the following Monday.

Day:3-4 Weekend

Day 5: Interview. It was a panel interview with 7 people, 4 on video conference. Yup, interviewed by 7 people at once. Was told I'll find out late next week if they want to continue on with me.

Day 6: I get a call to do another interview and want to schedule for 2 days out.

Day 7:

Day 8: Interview. This time a panel of 7 people again, different 7 people. Get told that if they want to continue with me I'll find out late next week, which would be the background check.

Day 8 again: 30 minutes after the interview, on my way home, I haven't even got home yet, I get a phone call telling me they want me to do the background check. I get home and do the background check immediately. Background check said it would take at least 1 week to complete. I am able to check the status as it is performed. Mine gets completed in 2 hours.

Day 9-25'ish: I hear nothing back from them.

Day 26 or so: I get a phone call with the job offer and told I need to be in Denver 3 days later for the on boarding.

Everything was so fast, and then they leave me hanging for like 2'ish weeks.
I swear they were trolling me.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:05 AM   #36
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Haha. Well, this one contacted me literally two hours after I submitted my resume. They liked that I've been at my current job for 9 years and said that's hard to come by for someone my age. This will only be my second full time job.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 02:00 PM   #37
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Congrats. I know what it's like to slowly die inside stuck at an IT job you hate.

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 02:32 PM   #38
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Sounds like my interview process with the company I work for now, though the ending was a little different and I think they were trolling me.

Day 0: Put in my resume with the company

Interview.

Day 26 or so
Last year I took a new job, same company. I interviewed, never heard anything for about six months, figured I simply didn't get it. Then I heard from HR and they said I got it, and let's have a follow up interview to decide specifics. Then it took them another few months to get that stuff ironed out.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 04:07 PM   #39
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
awe!!!
Lol, not sure they will get that