Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 20, 2016, 03:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default The Surge 2017 - A Sci-Fi, sluggish, Dark Souls-like

pc, xbone, ps4, and next gen boxes

boss battle: 11:30min

Eh, I guess it's alright looking, would be interesting to see if you can make a light weight build that moves faster and wield some kind of dope light saber washing pole.

Trailer:

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Was deck13 the lords of the fallen team?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2016, 06:25 PM   #3
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Was deck13 the lords of the fallen team?
Yeah, game that I haven't played and don't want to either.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 21, 2016, 03:30 AM   #4
atomBomb
Diamond Stealth 2mb VRAM

atomBomb is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yeah, game that I haven't played and don't want to either.
It was like Dark Souls without Souls or Dark. 1/10

pc-masterrace
atomBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2016, 04:00 AM   #5
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'll never understand why people like Dark Souls so much.

It's not really hard at all, the dialogue is downright horrific, controls are jerky and unresponsive. I just don't get it.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2016, 04:34 PM   #6
atomBomb
Diamond Stealth 2mb VRAM

atomBomb is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post

It's not really hard at all, the dialogue is downright horrific, controls are jerky and unresponsive. I just don't get it.
Did you play em through? I didnt like ds2 that much, ds1 was the best and ds3 is ok. Controls are absolutely fantastic btw, just need xbox/xbone controller. DS reminds me of the old Zelda/nes games somehow with great multiplayer ideas. Awesome atmosphere (well I play on 92" projector with home theater sound..). Whats not to like

pc-masterrace
atomBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2016, 04:40 PM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Never had a problem with controls in DS1 or 2. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and combat. As for the dialogue, it was intentionally cryptic and made you think. Tough for some people to do, I guess, but I liked it.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2016, 07:23 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So...."Souls-like" is the new catch phrase?

I watched 2 minutes of that game play, fast forwarded to the boss fight and watched 1 minute of that.

Nope. Slow, and boring as all heck. And if it's the same team that did LoTF, then double nope.

nope nope nope nope
Old Aug 22, 2016, 07:56 AM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I started Lords of the Fallen on XBONER. Couldn't get past first boss lol. I figured out the strategy in a second but honestly, had no motivation to continue that POS game.

Dark Souls PTD was still better as I actually went a bit ahead with it and then lost my save and motivation to continue it.

Either way, not my type of games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:37 AM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Game looks interesting. I've been waiting for a sci-fi Souls-like. Getting a bit tired of the dark fantasy setting for Souls type games. But I always enjoy the slower advanced tactical melee combat type games, much more than your standard dumb spectacle stylish action fighters.

So probably something I will eventually play but not at full price, so I will keep an eye on it. I still think I will eventually play LotF too, but just not ready to yet.

Quote:

Played with mouse & keyboard? You really have to play them with a controller, despite what some may claim.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:50 AM   #11
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Kind of feels like the souls series gets closer to being a bad character/stylish action game with each release.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 05:40 PM   #12
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

According to steam I played LOTF for 69 hours. I dont remember playing it that long. I remember completing it even though it was a bit jenky. I will probably give this game a try.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:26 PM   #13
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The Surge is coming in a few weeks, anyone looking forward to it or is it another lack luster rushed game?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:19 AM   #14
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

I'll wait for reviews. The concept is interesting, we'll see how it works out.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 03:18 AM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Given who made it, and that i think its still linked to the same publisher, i will wait a month at least, but will definitely pick it up.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:34 AM   #16
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

QFT. I can only play stuff with combat like Bayonetta and to some degree DMC.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 03:50 PM   #17
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:

Dark Souls 3 isn't hard at all? Controls are pretty damn good imo. Its about exploration and finding things and fighting through tough enemies and tough bosses.. its fun. I don't know how you can't like it.

There is no dialog lol.. I have no idea or get very little out of the story itself but the game is all about the atmosphere and the mechanics.

Bayonetta and the original DMC was fun and I like Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 but Dark Souls is a bit deeper than those types of games.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 04:15 PM   #18
Mangler
PC

The combat system in souls is a bit on the shallow side though.

Doesn't mean that it is bad, but it's not exactly mechanically complex.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 09:58 PM   #19
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The combat system in souls is a bit on the shallow side though.

Doesn't mean that it is bad, but it's not exactly mechanically complex.
Well for an action RPG its pretty damn good. Comparing DS to a beatem up like DMC or Bayonetta is completely different. Those games lack exploration and loot and other things as well.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:56 AM   #20
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

It is definitely less complex than similar games like Severance, but i do think souls is top notch, removing the stupid world design, i even enjoyed 2 quite a bit.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2017, 09:21 AM   #21
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i remember seeing a different early release video and thought it looked pretty neat and fluid, but at the time i think it was xbox only... glad it will be coming to PC

and what about this is like dark souls?
other than slow movement.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:21 AM   #22
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I watched some gameplay of this today and while it looks nice, pretty, it just looks slow and boring.

And as much as I love the souls series, I don't see the "souls-like" and quite frankly don't want it to be souls-like. I'd rather it stand on it's own merit, be it fast and furious or slow and methodical. If anything the combat reminded me of Bloodborne - run up/hit/slide back etc.

Meh - not for me.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:31 AM   #23
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
It's not really hard at all
HAHAHAHAHAHA
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2017, 01:59 PM   #24
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA
"Dark Souls isn’t hard, gamers are just stupid and impatient".

Most of your average games today are a ****ing cakewalk even at higher difficulty settings - Dark Souls included. You can cheese through almost everything by building your character in a specific fashion or learn the simple mechanics of a fight that never changes.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2017, 02:07 PM   #25
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Most of your average games today are a ****ing cakewalk even at higher difficulty settings - Dark Souls included. You can cheese through almost everything by building your character in a specific fashion or learn the simple mechanics of a fight that never changes.
I don't disagree entirely, but you are not telling the whole story about the Souls games' difficulty.

The games are hard and unforgiving for newcomers to the series, but once you learn the game's mechanics and what its all about, it can be gone through very easily. That learning curve though, going in blind without a guide in the beginning can take a long time to figure out and that is the real challenge to the game and a wall of progression for a lot of players.

I always thought the Souls games were a homage to old school 8-bit games that were tough, unforgiving, and didn't hold your hand. Of course once you learned them, they got easier. But yeah, the point is the challenge is in learning the game and Souls can take a while for a new player to learn.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2017, 04:46 PM   #26
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I don't disagree entirely, but you are not telling the whole story about the Souls games' difficulty.

The games are hard and unforgiving for newcomers to the series, but once you learn the game's mechanics and what its all about, it can be gone through very easily. That learning curve though, going in blind without a guide in the beginning can take a long time to figure out and that is the real challenge to the game and a wall of progression for a lot of players.

I always thought the Souls games were a homage to old school 8-bit games that were tough, unforgiving, and didn't hold your hand. Of course once you learned them, they got easier. But yeah, the point is the challenge is in learning the game and Souls can take a while for a new player to learn.
yeah I guess, a veteran Souls player has a huge advantage over a new comer but I thought Dark Souls 3 was pretty tough. I had an easier time with Dark Souls 1, and 2 and Bloodborne was a cake walk compared to Dark Souls 3.

Personally I think Bloodborne is just fun, its not super hard and you can take all the bosses 1 vs 1 pretty easily for the most part. I would have liked a magic system in Bloodborne though.
Old May 1, 2017, 08:23 PM   #27
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Have you finished a Souls game?

Learning the mechanics of the fights is easy, sure. Doing that consistently is where the challenge lies.

You can say this about every single game. Once you learn the mechanics, it's easy mode. Literally every game.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2017, 01:42 PM   #28
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2017, 06:14 PM   #29
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

It does look a little slow and predictable

Edit: I actually saw another gameplay trailer and it looked much better. It actually looks half way good.

Last edited by dmanna : May 7, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old May 12, 2017, 08:46 AM   #30
Mangler
PC

Seems like sites can show off general gameplay now.