Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 2, 2011, 04:53 AM   #2311
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I like to sit in front of those spawns and get easy kills.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 04:59 AM   #2312
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

works like similar concept as the teleports in TF2 imo. Cool idea.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:00 AM   #2313
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Oh man, that's just wrong!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:02 AM   #2314
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yer I like them, this game has some nice touches that will improve the flow of gameplay over BC2.

Infact I think everything about the game is solid, apart from the bugs and tight ass moh map. Its a shame because I actually like the metro map, I just wish it had more routes and not so many bottlenecks that force people into meat grinders.

I dont understand why DICE thinks rush has to be like MoH, rush would be brilliant on larger more open maps imo.

Oh and the flashlights and glare could be toned down by half imo, but I dont really care, if anything I'm getting more kills from n00bs using teh flashlights and spotting camping snipers.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:07 AM   #2315
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sitting in front of spawns and getting kills is commonplace in the 5 or so games I played. It is annoying and funny thing is that BOTH enemy and your team respawns in the same frickin' place. Who thought of that must be a damn genius...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:08 AM   #2316
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I got the "kill the entire squad" ribbon three times as the defenders had the radio planted near our spawn when I was attacking. I sat next to it and just killed every enemy as they spawned on the radio.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:14 AM   #2317
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
It is annoying and funny thing is that BOTH enemy and your team respawns in the same frickin' place.
No, they dont.

You have the option to spawn in many places. You have 3 squad mates you can spawn on, you can spawn at the attackers/defenders spawn, and now you can spawn on the mobile spawn point placed by squad leader, which mind you can be destroyed by the enemy if they spot it.

whats so hard about that?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:21 AM   #2318
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
No, they dont.

You have the option to spawn in many places. You have 3 squad mates you can spawn on, you can spawn at the attackers/defenders spawn, and now you can spawn on the mobile spawn point placed by squad leader, which mind you can be destroyed by the enemy if they spot it.

whats so hard about that?
Hmm, must be that then. However, I saw no mobile spawn points so must be squads spawning on top of each other like maniacs but was happening in all the games I played resulting in 10 second fights.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:22 AM   #2319
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

only recon class can put down mobile spawn point.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:24 AM   #2320
demo
space cadet

When you get near the enemy mcoms and squad spawn, yes the fighting is hectic, but you dont have to spawn there, you are given options of where you would like to spawn. Its a gamble, do I spawn on the front line in the middle of a firefight? (you can spec your teammate before spawn so you know if its a good idea or not), or do I spawn back at base and run all the way back to teh action? up to you.

The mobile spawns points look like radios, and they have enemy radio chatter going so they are easy to find, although I didnt realise what they were at first either.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:24 AM   #2321
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
only recon class can put down mobile spawn point.
Ahhh ok, I thought it was squad leader.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:35 AM   #2322
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Ok, now I understand the mobile spawn points. They were just poorly placed and rather than destroying them, the enemy had us pinned down as more of us nubs spawned and boned our asses.

Those points can't be more obvious actually. They are the size of a ****in' ammo box.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 06:56 AM   #2323
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

the future of this thread...

Last edited by spindoctor : Oct 2, 2011 at 06:59 AM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 06:57 AM   #2324
KAC
Lets talk stupid

You can even name the guy who is saying the "buts"
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:30 AM   #2325
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post

LOL

Quote:
You can even name the guy who is saying the "buts"
Go ahead, name him.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:42 AM   #2326
Thacker
Radeon R420

Thacker is still being judged by the masses

UMP + Claymore... lol.

Thacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:43 AM   #2327
KAC
Lets talk stupid

His name is demo[BF3]whore...
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:48 AM   #2328
demo
space cadet

Quote:
His name is demo[BF3]whore...
LOL, well I already said the game will be released with bugs, so no you got me all wrong. I like the game but unlike some people I dont blindly defend or critisize something because it suits my agenda...
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2329
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
LOL, well I already said the game will be released with bugs, so no you got me all wrong. I like the game but unlike some people I dont blindly defend or critisize something because it suits my agenda...
People have AGENDAS... on an internet forum...
That's scarier than you defending BF3...
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:57 AM   #2330
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's pretty shocking that a bf game will be full of bugs at release.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:09 AM   #2331
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It's pretty shocking that a bf game will be full of bugs at release.

Because EA must catch the shopping season wave! They can patch it, if they want, later after grabbing everyone by the nuts.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:21 AM   #2332
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I may stop playing the beta before I get burnt out on the game. That happened to me in BC2. Max leveled there and never bought the real game until like 6 months ago.

Rage may be able to save me from burning myself out. And I'll probably pick up payday as well.

On another note, I hate the not being able to zoom bug. It's gotten me killed numerous times.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:40 AM   #2333
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I may stop playing the beta before I get burnt out on the game. That happened to me in BC2. Max leveled there and never bought the real game until like 6 months ago.

Rage may be able to save me from burning myself out. And I'll probably pick up payday as well.

On another note, I hate the not being able to zoom bug. It's gotten me killed numerous times.
QFT. The zoom bug definitely frustrated me :/
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:47 AM   #2334
demo
space cadet

Quote:
People have AGENDAS... on an internet forum...
That's scarier than you defending BF3...
Ha well I havnt defended BF3, I want the bugs fixed as much as anyone else, I just think some people are making a storm in a teacup. Yes its buggy as hell just like every other BF beta although I have faith it will be in good enough shape for prime time on release, or at the worst a few days after release with a week 1 patch. Then I bet it will take a good 6 months to patch a lot of minor things that you and I probably havnt even noticed. After that the game will have its remaining few bugs stay with it forever, like BC2.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:56 AM   #2335
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I expect that the one big issue during the first week will be the stats resetting, just like in bc2.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:02 AM   #2336
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Well, I will let demo, demo the game for us and report back. I will not be pre-ordering this as I simply won't have time to play through it especially MP.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:19 AM   #2337
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I expect that the one big issue during the first week will be the stats resetting, just like in bc2.
Yep I expect the stats to mess up and be a major whining topic aswell. Personally I dont care about stats.

Your loss KAC.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:50 AM   #2338
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:52 AM   #2339
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

So if I play a hacked version of your game, I can't access any of my other non related games. Awesome!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:58 AM   #2340
KAC
Lets talk stupid

That's the stupidest **** if I ever read one...
Burn them at the stakes...