Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 14, 2020, 06:34 PM   #7471
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well, that lasted all of about two days. Got distracted with a bunch of other games, needed some disk space, and as if by magic my mouse found its way to the "I'm never gonna finish this uninstall button".

Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider, or Hitman 2, or Rage, or Supreme Commander, or Trackmania Turbo, or just some random games of World of Tanks. Lots to do in quarantine time.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 04:51 AM   #7472
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There are some games I need to finish off as i took a break from them. Been using the Special k mod to remaster these game into HDR and I am gob smacked. Been playing Witcher 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris to eye-scorching delight.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 03:31 AM   #7473
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Been ploughing through Ass Creed Valhalla.
Punched and sliced a few idiots in Cyber Junk.
Started Penis Rising.
Down pumped Death Boning.
Also shooting fools in Black Cocks.

Gaming bliss I tell you.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 19, 2020, 03:56 AM   #7474
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 02:51 PM   #7475
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

playing some Airborne Kingdom. Love the art style, very nice looking game. Like it a lot so far.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 02:55 PM   #7476
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

hat seems cool
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:39 PM   #7477
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Finished AC Valhalla. 8.5/10.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 05:24 AM   #7478
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Finished Hollow Knight. Extremely enjoyable 30hrs of playtime and well recommended for any souls player.

Edit: Also just completed Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris which was fun.

Last edited by Jaillum Malord : Dec 23, 2020 at 04:50 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 06:34 PM   #7479
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I bought Airborne Kingdom and played it for an hour and a half. The concept is cool, the style is really cool, I can easily recommend it as a city builder with a twist. A breath of fresh air, you could say.

However, I wasn't liking the wandering as much, thought the interface could use a few hints here and there. Would be nice, for instance, if the names of the Kingdoms you encounter would hover over said kingdoms, so you've got some references on the map. All in all, it was a bit slower than I felt like playing, so I chose to refund it. Cool game though, just not what I'm going for at the moment.

Instead, I fired up Hitman 2. I really, really, really loved Hitman 2016 and played all the side missions. That was a big undertaking, so I didn't feel like returning to the Hitman gameplay for quite a while - I finished H2016 in August of 2017. It's been long enough, so I'm diving into the world of Hitman again.

Played the first mission, and though I'm a little rusty, it does feel like a sort of homecoming. IO knows their stuff.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:52 AM   #7480
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Just finished Bioshock Infinite which i found a bit meh.

Currently having addictive fun with Guacamelee 2.

Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:39 AM   #7481
KAC

Just punching through Cyberjunk as I want to put that on the completion list for this month.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 02:18 PM   #7482
KAC

Finished Cyberjunk 2077. 9/10.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 05:45 PM   #7483
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

So I am currently rotating between The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt so I can finish it off, Guacamelee 2 which is very enjoyable and Remnant: From the ashes which I got for free on Epic game store and I am having serious fun with it.

Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:26 PM   #7484
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

played some Final Fantasy World, well, the kawai look aside it's surprisingly complex underneath all the sd chars. Feels a lot like the earlier ff-games. So far i'm having a lot of fun with it. I guess it would be a great game for our princess Seyiji too

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Old Jan 6, 2021, 08:57 AM   #7485
KAC

Finished Immortals Fenyx Rising. 9/10.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 06:39 AM   #7486
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Just finished Quantum Break. I did complete it last year using a mouse and keyboard and I was curious to see how it looked using the Special K mod features so I gave it another go using a gamepad. Special K fixed the frame rate issues I had with the game when I originally played, improved the smoothness and response times and the HDR retrofitting (is that the right word) made the game look gorgeous. The combat in this game (and Control) is extremely enjoyable, probably some of the best, but there is too much story in those games.....I just want to shoot people in the game.

Been playing Inside which is fiendishly fun and atmospheric. Is a fan of limbo and this game scratches the itch....and it looks fantastic in HDR.

Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:10 AM   #7487
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post

Been playing Inside which is fiendishly fun and atmospheric. Is a fan of limbo and this game scratches the itch....and it looks fantastic in HDR.
Inside was nice, although a bit short. Liked it a lot.

Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:50 AM   #7488
KAC

Started playing Watch Doggy style 2. Game doesn't feel bad after you have played through 3.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 01:45 AM   #7489
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Completed Playdead's Inside (sorry lads, no George Takei "oh my" follow up). What an extremely enjoyable yet distressing experience (that final act....shudders and wow).

Old Jan 17, 2021, 09:18 AM   #7490
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Got too many irons in the fire right now.

Cyberpunk - doing side quests. Helping River Ward find his nephew. Brandance sequence is bugged... Clues aren't highlighting. Needs patch.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed I: Retail version. Runs at 1440p with a config file modification, and stuck at 30 FPS. Downloaded a new executable from the internet and it allows for 60 FPS. Impressed as old as it is how ahead of its time it was with the upgrade system. Gameplay is bland but it looks like it will get better. Made it to the trash planet.

Genesis Alpha One: Everything takes forever in this game, and then an enemy battleship shows up and invades your ship and your modules get blown up and you float in space and you die. Current run is the longest surviving one; got smart and backtracked the galaxy to find easier planet systems. I'm 51% keep going, 49% shelve it forever.

Brigador: About 1/4 through the campaign. Tight 2D shooter with an unimaginable level of nuance with different vehicles/weapons/capabilities.

Mortal Shell: Great game. Keep getting my ass kicked so little progress is made over and over. Wish there were a manual.

Ghostrunner: Not gud enough for this one. Keep killing all dudes except one in a room, and end up f***ing up and dying. Want to keep going but the lack of save is intimidating before starting another attempt at progress.

Godfall: Easy game to play until you get to the one boss that keeps kicking your ass. Defeated that boss after grinding XP, might be on the cusp of finishing.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 09:32 AM   #7491
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Decided to go back and finish Uncharted 4 last weekend, started over and finished it over the course of last weekend. Started playing Last of Us after beating Uncharted. Finished it on Friday. Beat the Left Behind DLC Saturday morning. Currently playing through Last of Us 2 now. These might be my all time favorite games.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 09:55 AM   #7492
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just started Chapter 3 Death Stranding.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:34 AM   #7493
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Decided to go back and finish Uncharted 4 last weekend, started over and finished it over the course of last weekend. Started playing Last of Us after beating Uncharted. Finished it on Friday. Beat the Left Behind DLC Saturday morning. Currently playing through Last of Us 2 now. These might be my all time favorite games.
Are you playing these on the PS5? Because these games are dope on the PS5 + OLED.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:42 AM   #7494
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Are you playing these on the PS5? Because these games are dope on the PS5 + OLED.

PS4 Pro - I sold the PS5 for a profit a while back, theres no games for it and Uncharted / Last of Us get no benefit from playing on PS5. But yeah they are insane on the CX OLED.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:48 AM   #7495
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Star Wars: Force Unleashed I: Retail version. Runs at 1440p with a config file modification, and stuck at 30 FPS. Downloaded a new executable from the internet and it allows for 60 FPS. Impressed as old as it is how ahead of its time it was with the upgrade system. Gameplay is bland but it looks like it will get better. Made it to the trash planet.
You are probably already aware since you looked into a framerate cap fix, but just wanted to say Force Unleashed suffers from some physics based issues when you set it to 60 fps. From the PC Gaming Wiki page:

Quote:
Some force-gripped objects and enemies will constantly move upwards when using the 50 and 60 FPS .exes;[5][6][7][8] if this happens, use the 40 FPS .exe.
I reinstalled that game a few months back to see if I would finally enjoy it and I found it as dull as before when I couldn't get through it. Its just a boring game.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:52 AM   #7496
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
PS4 Pro - I sold the PS5 for a profit a while back, theres no games for it and Uncharted / Last of Us get no benefit from playing on PS5. But yeah they are insane on the CX OLED.
I thought Uncharted 4 was ported? What was the 15-16 games with PS+ about? They never ported those games?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 02:12 AM   #7497
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

slowly making my way through Pine. It has a few bugs, but they are minor. Just wish it weren't so boring, but hey, it was free .. so there's that.

Old Jan 18, 2021, 07:51 AM   #7498
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
You are probably already aware since you looked into a framerate cap fix, but just wanted to say Force Unleashed suffers from some physics based issues when you set it to 60 fps. From the PC Gaming Wiki page:

I reinstalled that game a few months back to see if I would finally enjoy it and I found it as dull as before when I couldn't get through it. Its just a boring game.
I can confirm that those physics issues exist at 60 FPS, and was not aware that was the cause of me not being able to de-float force held objects. I thought it was because it was designed to be used with a controller lol.

40 FPS, eh? I don't know if I can do it for a game that looks like this. Feels kind of insulting.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:01 AM   #7499
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I can confirm that those physics issues exist at 60 FPS, and was not aware that was the cause of me not being able to de-float force held objects. I thought it was because it was designed to be used with a controller lol.

40 FPS, eh? I don't know if I can do it for a game that looks like this. Feels kind of insulting.
Yeah for sure. Sad when PC ports are not optimized correctly and essentially no different than the console versions.

IMO for me the game really wasn't worth the time. I got about halfway through it and just found it boring. I have lost a lot of my love for the Star Wars franchise though.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 05:39 AM   #7500
KAC

Finished Watch Dawgs 2. 7.5/10. Good game but was overstaying it’s welcome towards the end. Didn’t bother with any side missions. Just did the mains. Good thing about these games is that you can pretty much do the mains without indulging in artificial lockouts of leveling up. Story was decent and seemed quite relevant even today. SF depiction was also nice. A graphics update would make the game stand out even today.