Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 21, 2019, 03:39 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Man I am looking forward to this game more than most others. If they do it right this could be epic...
fingers crossed here too.
with the amount and detail of land data made available today vs when FSX came out, this has the potential to be astounding
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:18 PM   #32
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Fyi, the insider section was updated on Thursday to apply for the testing/beta builds.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2019, 02:39 PM   #33
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin View Post
Fyi, the insider section was updated on Thursday to apply for the testing/beta builds.
Thanks for the heads up. I signed up!
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 27, 2019, 03:56 AM   #34
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

still no gameplay being showcased :hmm

Old Sep 27, 2019, 06:44 AM   #35
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Advert for google earth right ?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 08:48 AM   #36
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Oct 10, 2019! ????

Video must be a troll/hoax....
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/mic...ight-simulator
From xbox.com:

Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

Available 2020

Last edited by GSGRUNT : Sep 27, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
GSGRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2019, 03:11 PM   #37
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think its referring to the Insider Update.

Old Sep 27, 2019, 04:18 PM   #38
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Advert for google earth right ?
LOL. Yeah, we're not getting to see any of the 'sim' parts are we. I'm getting suspicious and a bit concerned.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 04:27 PM   #39
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
LOL. Yeah, we're not getting to see any of the 'sim' parts are we. I'm getting suspicious and a bit concerned.
the forced stall video was quite good, even though the gauges themselves were not working properly as far as I could tell. If it's indicative of the flight model, should be good.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2019, 05:21 PM   #40
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
the forced stall video was quite good, even though the gauges themselves were not working properly as far as I could tell. If it's indicative of the flight model, should be good.
In the spin video you can see the magnetic compass updating. And if you look closely at the left display you can see a compass rose rotating in sequence with the aircraft, as well as the river appearing on the moving map each time the aircraft rotates to face it. So that's a decent start for a video from an early alpha build.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 06:21 AM   #41
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Long preview

They basically use AI to take bing maps and make 3D buildings / trees etc.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 09:29 AM   #42
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

This is the flight sim I've been waiting for.
I want more information on IFR flight, but....this sounds like what I want.

DCS for combat, MSF2020 for civilian. They better have VR working properly.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Sep 30, 2019, 09:48 AM   #43
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

It does look amazing in that video and the hands on preview comments really sounded promising. There is still a ton of questions, subscription for sure, recommended beast to run it in all its glory, disk space (I think im gonna need a new disk just for this !), frame rate expectations, I would hazard a guess base planes will be a handful then pay for add-ons.

Still, a way off so will keep checking if I get on the Alpha...
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:30 AM   #44
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
It does look amazing in that video and the hands on preview comments really sounded promising. There is still a ton of questions, subscription for sure, recommended beast to run it in all its glory, disk space (I think im gonna need a new disk just for this !), frame rate expectations, I would hazard a guess base planes will be a handful then pay for add-ons.

Still, a way off so will keep checking if I get on the Alpha...
It better not require a subscription or that would kill the sim for a lot of potential players (likely myself included). I wouldn't mind a season pass kind of thing, but a monthly subscription required for the game? No.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 01:16 PM   #45
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
It better not require a subscription or that would kill the sim for a lot of potential players (likely myself included). I wouldn't mind a season pass kind of thing, but a monthly subscription required for the game? No.
It might be required actually, especially if they are including real landing plates. Some of the information from the real world cost them -per-user- to keep updated.

There might be a base "free" option, with a subscription tier that the real enthusiast would sign up for.

Quote:
Old Sep 30, 2019, 01:31 PM   #46
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Long preview

at this point I'm beginning to get a bit excited
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 06:18 PM   #47
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

This could be amazing if they can pull it off and it doesn't require a $20 a month subscription and an Intel octo core and 3080ti to run at medium settings.

Some of the ai tech discussed in the video to render scenery is next gen for sure. The weather and lighting sounds and looks pretty amazing as well from the video.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:07 PM   #48
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
This could be amazing if they can pull it off and it doesn't require a $20 a month subscription and an Intel octo core and 3080ti to run at medium settings.
According to some of the people that were there, all the demo machines for that event were running 4k/max settings on a normal 2080 smoothly. I imagine running 1440/medium or 1080p/high will end up being quite feasible on mainstream hardware once optimizations are done.

Was also good to see a lot more of the avionics up and running on the build from the new videos.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:29 PM   #49
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

That preview looked and sounded to good to be true as for the possible octa core cpu requirement, well I just bought a 12 core cpu so... Step up your hardware, console peasant
Old Oct 1, 2019, 08:29 AM   #50
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Annnd... No VR support at launch. That makes it a hard pass for me until they add it.
No way to go back to a flat screen after playing VR.

Quote:
Old Oct 1, 2019, 09:48 AM   #51
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
That preview looked and sounded to good to be true as for the possible octa core cpu requirement, well I just bought a 12 core cpu so... Step up your hardware, console peasant
I doubt it will require an 8 core, that would make it only a niche market for the PC as almost nobody would be able to use it. Maybe recommended, but not required.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Oct 2, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:20 PM   #52
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

The general impression that I have from reading all the latest news is that FS2020 will be release in a solid base form.

VR, seasons, tubeliners, AI, ATC, more planes, helicopters and other missing bits will be released later as DLC or patches.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:34 AM   #53
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Annnd... No VR support at launch. That makes it a hard pass for me until they add it.
No way to go back to a flat screen after playing VR.
what vr system are you using and what are your top 2 games pls?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:40 AM   #54
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Long preview

I don't understand how they can get so much detail, they even have cars driving on the streets...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2019, 01:41 AM   #55
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I don't understand how they can get so much detail, they even have cars driving on the streets...
They have done that well some are 3D but much appears to be blobs following the roads (mostly apart from those going through scenery) but I agree adds much more immersion but didn’t FSX also have this if I recall ?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 07:04 AM   #56
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
X-Plane 11(with max details set) has cars moving on the streets also. Kinda cool but sometimes they pop in and out, out of the ether.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 07:49 AM   #57
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

IIRC Flight Sim X had ground traffic as well, but the vehicles were very basic, popped in and out of existence, and sometimes didn't follow the roads very well. Also very CPU intensive, so I usually turned them off.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2019, 09:42 AM   #58
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
what vr system are you using and what are your top 2 games pls?
Rift CV1, pondering upgrading to the Rift S (Dad just got it, cockpit much more visible!)

Almost exclusively play DCS, but love also Beat Saber and Elite Dangerous in VR.
DCS + F-18 (And Viper tomorrow!) is just... phenomenal. Playing online, dogfights, bombing, flying the pattern and landing on the boat... just can't beat it.

Have a little time in X-Plane, ecellent as well. (I only have the demo, and no Yoke. My dad is exclusively X-Plane and has the full set up)

Quote:
Old Oct 3, 2019, 09:05 AM   #59
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
They've had cars driving on the streets since Flight Simulator 2004. Actual car models too. Granted, not very good models, but good enough. You could either fly down or use an addon vehicle mod to drive behind these AI cars. Was impressive back in 2004, made "road trips" interesting. I downloaded a motorcycle addon and literally drove city to city, the terrain and roads and streets were well detailed enough, including buildings, stoplights, etc..
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2019, 02:42 PM   #60
Waqas
lurker

Waqas is still being judged by the masses

Has MS published any information regarding included aircrafts?
Waqas is offline   Reply With Quote