Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:58 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
It doesn't even have cloud functionality yet. I won't buy anything that doesn't have cloud functionality (except on GOG). Once they incorporate cloud saves, then perhaps I'll give it another look, but for now that's a big nono as I frequently split my gaming between two computers weekly.
I'm sure it will soon, not all that worried about it, Steam didn't have cloud saves for years and you still bought from them.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:31 PM   #182
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's 2019 now, who cares what steam didn't used to have.

Cloud saves should have been a day 1 feature.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:33 PM   #183
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I guess its not, and don't see it as a huge deal at the moment.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:34 PM   #184
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

When we are at the point when even nintendo has cloud saves, you don't launch without them.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:37 PM   #185
Nascar24

Nintendo They just added it, what a month or 2 ago after many years, so you can hope EPIC isn't Nintendo.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:40 PM   #186
Mangler
PC

Well, if you are the the point where you can't even match nintendo in features, then you really are offering a really shitty service aren't you?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:43 PM   #187
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Well, if you are the the point where you can't even match nintendo in features, then you really are offering a really shitty service aren't you?
Its brand new, it always takes these stores time to get up to speed, all the stuff you want Im sure is coming.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:57 PM   #188
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

a bitching sailor is a happy sailor

same **** different day

everyone bitched just as bad when steam started this sh*t 15 or so years ago

and then origin and so on and on

…….

I don't like it but the game looks good so I will play it .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 01:02 PM   #189
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Its brand new, it always takes these stores time to get up to speed, all the stuff you want Im sure is coming.
Maybe when the store gets to that point, people will stop b*itching. Right now, it's ****. The exclusive dealings going on are forcing people who like games on to a platform that is ****. The Origin store has been around for years and it's still ****. There is no reason to believe the Epic store will improve because the functionality that people want will cut deeply into that 12% they selflessly advertise.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 01:36 PM   #190
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Maybe when the store gets to that point, people will stop b*itching. Right now, it's ****. The exclusive dealings going on are forcing people who like games on to a platform that is ****. The Origin store has been around for years and it's still ****. There is no reason to believe the Epic store will improve because the functionality that people want will cut deeply into that 12% they selflessly advertise.
They will end up raising the 12% cut substantially, just to cover costs, and when all said and done, they will be on par with Steam. I suspect they will run the service at a loss the first year or so, to try and get developers on their platform, then they will start increasing there take. Otherwise, they won't be able to sustain it, and it will fail.

BTW, steam share decreases to 25% once the earns $10 million (including "game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees") , and 20% when it hits $50 Million. This change was done in December. Another note, is most bigger distribution fronts such as GoG, GreenmanGaming, etc also charge 30%.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Feb 1, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 01:43 PM   #191
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

same **** different day

everyone bitched just as bad when steam started this sh*t 15 or so years ago

and then origin and so on and on

…….

I don't like it but the game looks good so I will play it .
Agreed!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 01:50 PM   #192
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

It's a little different. How many exclusives does Steam have? Won't Epic catch up to them very quickly?
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 01:53 PM   #193
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
It's a little different. How many exclusives does Steam have? Won't Epic catch up to them very quickly?
How many have tried and failed. (All of them) Epic will be no different.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 01:53 PM   #194
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I'm sure it will soon, not all that worried about it, Steam didn't have cloud saves for years and you still bought from them.
When steam first came out, cloud saving was very new (honestly not even sure it existed yet). Also I wasn't splitting my time between two computers at all back then so it didn't matter, but no cloud save functionality is a deal breaker for me now.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 02:11 PM   #195
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Here is the 2019 road map for Epic bringing out Steam like features.
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...rvices-roadmap

But here is the thing, what they are bringing isn't related to the store itself, because they are making something that is cross platform and cross store, it wouldn't matter if you bought a game from Steam or from GoG, or from Epic, because they are building it to be store/platform agnostic. Which makes a lot of sense why it is not in the store, because it won't be a store feature, won't be in a walled garden like the same features are on Steam.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 02:21 PM   #196
Mangler
PC

Will be to buy a game that is available on steam, gog, and EGS if they keep paying for exclusives though.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 02:22 PM   #197
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

well it can logon on both my systems at the same time without logging out the other system

unlike some like origin
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 03:15 PM   #198
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
well it can logon on both my systems at the same time without logging out the other system

unlike some like origin
That's probably a bug that will be worked out in a future update.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 04:02 PM   #199
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
How many have tried and failed. (All of them) Epic will be no different.
Oops, I meant soon Epic will have as many exclusives as Steam, I think. That is what's different this time.
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2019, 04:44 PM   #200
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
When steam first came out, cloud saving was very new (honestly not even sure it existed yet). Also I wasn't splitting my time between two computers at all back then so it didn't matter, but no cloud save functionality is a deal breaker for me now.
So you get your cloud saves in Q2 2019, not far off.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 04:50 PM   #201
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Competition is good.

Kick Steam in the behind.Wake them up to start making games again.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 04:56 PM   #202
Mangler
PC

Valve making games again would do jack **** against epic locking up third party exclusives, it's not like epic is competing with the strength of their own games.

It would suck if valve and epic started acting like microsoft and sony in the name of competition.

Last edited by Mangler : Feb 1, 2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 04:41 PM   #203
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Axiom Verge is free from Feb 7th to Feb 21st

Up next on Feb 21st to Mar 7th is Thimbleweed Park

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:05 AM   #204
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Axiom Verge is free from Feb 7th to Feb 21st

Up next on Feb 21st to Mar 7th is Thimbleweed Park
I was thinking of picking it up on $team lunar sale. Thats $7 saved.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:26 AM   #205
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thimbleweed Park next.

I actually did get that in the Steam sale but for £5.99 I'm not complaining. Well, not much.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 05:52 AM   #206
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

For some reason Axiom Verge is not free for me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 06:21 AM   #207
Mangler
PC

They probably forgot to set it as free for your region.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:03 PM   #208
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Because Epic store shoves the middle finger to anyone outside the US/EU. One of the major reasons why it sucks vs Steam. Regardless of cut you are giving to developers, the consumer is left in the dirt around the world...
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:23 PM   #209
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I want to point something out by the way. Something a lot of people have simply glossed over.

The money given to the developers is ONLY increased for indie devs. The devs attached to publishers are not getting that 12%, they are only getting whatever the they agreed to in their contract with the publisher. 4a no doubt is under nda and can't say anything, but i doubt, no even close to believing that they are getting any more of that 12%, or any more money in general from this deal.

4a are not benefiting from this at all.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:16 AM   #210
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Because Epic store shoves the middle finger to anyone outside the US/EU. One of the major reasons why it sucks vs Steam. Regardless of cut you are giving to developers, the consumer is left in the dirt around the world...
For South Asia they do have regional pricing at-least for metro:exodus (my region = US$ 19.99). I am sure they have regional pricing for other regions as well (their website seems to suggest this)

During the winter sale the Metro Exodus super duper ed on steam was 19.99 for my region. Didn't buy it because i know I would play it a year later with a *capable* RTX GPU. In hind sight I probably should have
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote