Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 11, 2019, 05:47 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Those graphics are really damn good for a smaller-ish studio RPG.

How's the combat been so far?
It's not bad.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 06:44 PM   #32
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

It's not bad, but it's also not that great either. I'm having a hard time caring about characters and the quests. The combat is god awful with mouse and keyboard, havent tried controller. Facial expressions during dialogue is very lacking. IDK finding it hard to push on with this one...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:51 PM   #33
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's not bad, but it's also not that great either. I'm having a hard time caring about characters and the quests. The combat is god awful with mouse and keyboard, havent tried controller. Facial expressions during dialogue is very lacking. IDK finding it hard to push on with this one...
Quote:
Ive just beaten the first area. There are zero "go fetch" quests in the game apparently, so thats a major plus for me as I despise those types of quests. Story and quests are well written. Dialogue options are well thought out. Characters seem to have a lot of backstory and depth to them. Thoroughly enjoying the game so far. Lip sync is not a thing in this game, so if something like that bugs you - just be aware.
That turned sour fast...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2019, 01:08 AM   #34
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
surprising. acg and a few others have all said it's excellent despite its flaws. I think yongyea even said it's best replacement we have to fill the void of bioware.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 06:30 AM   #35
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is the combat arcade or simulation type?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 09:20 AM   #36
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

if you're talking about the difference between kingdom come and something like a dragon age or gothic... it's kinda a mix between the two. More hack and slash but with parry dodge and counters.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Sep 12, 2019, 09:34 AM   #37
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

like risen or elex kind of thing?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:33 AM   #38
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
like risen or elex kind of thing?
Better than risens combat maybe slightly like elex in that regard, don't remember, didn't play much of it.

Regardless, it's an interesting and engaging rpg. Voice over work is really good and the quests are complex and depending on your role there is different ways to go about doing them.

Jank aside (Good o'l you keep running while you are at an object or wall, lololol classssssic old school memories there), expect movement and mechanics attributed to more the risen series so if you like those games (this doesn't have the glaring bugs those do and the story is much much better) you will love this.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "