Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 31, 2019, 05:20 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I still think that RTX is expensive when it comes to performance on 2000 series. I'll wait on next iteration with more efficient RTX.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 05:52 PM   #92
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
I still think that RTX is expensive when it comes to performance on 2000 series. I'll wait on next iteration with more efficient RTX.
I agree with you on that one though. If you don't need it right away then wait. Then again my 2080 oc didn't cost me 800-900 dollars either
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:01 PM   #93
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Interesting...

Quote:
Here is how you can completely fix the annoying DX12 stutters, even with Ray Tracing, in Control
Quote:
In order to fix the DX12 stutters, you’ll have to open Exploit Protection via your Windows Search bar. Then, click On the Program Settings Tab and click On The “+ Add programs to customise”. Then, click On Choose Exact File Path, find Control_DX12.exe and open it. Afterwards, you’ll have to navigate its Program Settings, scroll down to “Control Flow Guard”, put check mark in “Override System Settings”, turn it Off and Apply.

Ideally, you should also restart your system after applying this fix.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/here-...ng-in-control/

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:43 PM   #94
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
So is RTX worth the hype? I'll probably buy an RTX card for Cyberpunk, I'm just not sure if I should wait or just get one now for games like Control and Metro.
This is the second game that uses it correctly. You can decide whether 1200 bucks is worth it for you.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:08 AM   #95
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

rtx isnt really worth it, ESPECIALLY given the ray tracing mods for games give amd almost comparable performance when rtx cards are designed for it and the amd ones arent. I'd strongly advise most people to wait for amd's official ray tracing cards to start competing side by side in games before bothering with ray tracing. No matter how goode ray tracing actually is.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:36 AM   #96
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

What ray tracing mods for games are there for AMD? You're not talking about reshade's fake ray tracing implementation are you? Or something else that's directly comparable to ray tracing like a mod for battlefield V or Metro for AMD cards?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:41 AM   #97
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
rtx isnt really worth it, ESPECIALLY given the ray tracing mods for games give amd almost comparable performance when rtx cards are designed for it and the amd ones arent. I'd strongly advise most people to wait for amd's official ray tracing cards to start competing side by side in games before bothering with ray tracing. No matter how goode ray tracing actually is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
What ray tracing mods for games are there for AMD? You're not talking about reshade's fake ray tracing implementation are you? Or something else that's directly comparable to ray tracing like a mod for battlefield V or Metro for AMD cards?
What Exposed said.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:42 AM   #98
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
This is the second game that uses it correctly. You can decide whether 1200 bucks is worth it for you.
You could have bought several for way under that price.

yoz
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:07 AM   #99
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Seriously the best looking game I've ever played

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 02:46 PM   #100
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Nothing wrong with rtx cards as they stand. Obviously anyone who purchased one had the funds handy to do so. Its one of many reason I work hard every week so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor. Sorry everyone cannot do this, but hey that's your problem . Great game, great card.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:00 PM   #101
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I kind of doubt there will be a new series of cards before April and I need Cyberpunk to have all the bells and whistles when I play it. Control and Metro are definitely urging me to pull the trigger sooner.

The screens look good, but from what I've seen ray tracing really shines in motion.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:29 PM   #102
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
It's not fake at all. It's path tracing used to then produce imagery for the shader, in real time. It's actually really cool.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:55 PM   #103
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It's not fake at all. It's path tracing used to then produce imagery for the shader, in real time. It's actually really cool.
So you were in fact referring to reshade.

It's not proper GPU ray-tracing. This is only a screen-space shader, which means it's taking whatever you're looking at and doing some lighting adjustments based on that. Very minimal path tracing. Occluded objects or objects behind you are not included in the calculation.

You said RTX wasn't worth it and these mods for AMD (actually it works on any card, Nvidia included) are comparable. But they aren't actually, the reshade demos for other games like Witcher 3, Crysis, etc.. don't look anywhere close to actual RTX effects. They're just hacks. I mean, you could say it looks better than vanilla, but I'd even disagree with that depending on the game used. Just look at reshade ray tracing for Witcher 3. It makes it look different, not better. I prefer the original Witcher 3 lighting.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.

Last edited by Exposed : Sep 1, 2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 09:10 PM   #104
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So you were in fact referring to reshade.

It's not proper GPU ray-tracing. This is only a screen-space shader, which means it's taking whatever you're looking at and doing some lighting adjustments based on that. Very minimal path tracing. Occluded objects or objects behind you are not included in the calculation.

You said RTX wasn't worth it and these mods for AMD (actually it works on any card, Nvidia included) are comparable. But they aren't actually, the reshade demos for other games like Witcher 3, Crysis, etc.. don't look anywhere close to actual RTX effects. They're just hacks. I mean, you could say it looks better than vanilla, but I'd even disagree with that. Just look at reshade ray tracing for Witcher 3. It makes it look different, not better. I prefer the original Witcher 3 lighting.
Yeah, i don't think you quite get how they got performable frame rates with rtx and ray tracing in games man.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 09:14 PM   #105
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Yeah, i don't think you quite get how they got performable frame rates with rtx and ray tracing in games man.
Here's what the developer of reshade's ray tracing had to say about this:

What I’m doing is ray tracing in screen space, tracing rays against the depth buffer (a data buffer that contains the information how far an object is away, as opposed to the color buffer which tells you what color the object has and what you usually see in any game). When compared to DXR, it has several limitations: anything behind another object does not contribute, anything outside the screen does not contribute, backfaces do not contribute. The benefits of this shader is that it can run on every game and GPU and it’s a step up from regular SSAO. I hope this serves as a sneak peek at what DXR ray tracing can do and why everyone in VFX can’t wait to get real ray tracing for their games.

Not even the author thinks his work is anywhere near as good as actual DXR ray tracing. He thinks it's a "step up" from screen space ambient occlusion, which it is. But compared to ray traced global illumination in Metro Exodus for example? Not even close to comparable in quality.

https://wccftech.com/the-witcher-3-l...h-reshade-mod/
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:07 PM   #106
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pretty sure i didnt say anything about it being equal in quality...

EDIT: i should point out also, that the comment on it being a step up, is about its creation, not it's quality. It's vastly more than a step up from ao in quality
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:52 PM   #107
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wtf. Let’s talk about control. I am quite liking this game to be honest.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:31 AM   #108
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Performance at 3440x1440 native res (no DLSS) RTX - High - 35-50fps. So glad to have a gsync monitor, can't even feel the dips.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 07:14 PM   #109
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Hooked my PC up to my 4K OLED...

Old Sep 2, 2019, 08:01 PM   #110
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

That dep protection tweak disables xbox live achievements if you play games using game pass btw. The telemetry service isn't able to start and gets stuck starting... Took me an hour to figure out what was causing it.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Sep 2, 2019, 08:05 PM   #111
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
That dep protection tweak disables xbox live achievements if you play games using game pass btw. The telemetry service isn't able to start and gets stuck starting... Took me an hour to figure out what was causing it.
Disable it per game then and not system wide?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 06:57 AM   #112
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Disable it per game then and not system wide?
Yeah..

Some dude on guru3d tried to argue with me about it... That what I was saying and explaining wasn't true. I told him to try it himself.

Quote:
Then humor me and turn off control flow guard globally for all windows... Reboot. Then check your windows services and see if the connected user experiences and telemetry is starting and running properly. Humor me please. Service refused with cfg in Windows turned off to initiate properly thus causing xbox app games achievements to not unlock because that service is required to be running for that to be possible.
Quote:
Well crap, looks like you've found a bug, the only serious dependency is Remote Procedure Caller, it should either fail and state why it failed or start.
loooool. Event viewer never said why (although I didn't really go digging through it because I ain't got patience to sort through all that garbage lol)
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:52 AM   #113
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Honestly I think modern PBL implementations look 95% as good as ray tracing anyway. I wouldn't spend an extra $500 for a gpu to do this.

This is the same pattern we always see with major new gpu features: The first gen solutions really can't do anything useful, and you have to wait for the 2nd gen version to actually start using in games. I remember when this happened with DX10, for example.

Next year's graphics cards will have plenty of ray tracing power to be useful and add that extra 5% beauty that everyone's looking for.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 01:44 PM   #114
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Honestly I think modern PBL implementations look 95% as good as ray tracing anyway. I wouldn't spend an extra $500 for a gpu to do this.

This is the same pattern we always see with major new gpu features: The first gen solutions really can't do anything useful, and you have to wait for the 2nd gen version to actually start using in games. I remember when this happened with DX10, for example.

Next year's graphics cards will have plenty of ray tracing power to be useful and add that extra 5% beauty that everyone's looking for.
Really? 95%?

Come on man. You're being ridiculous. It might not matter to you, but this is a bit of hyperbole. Plus, it's useful right now unlike what you are trying to suggest. I don't get why people always try to downplay this stuff, unless it truly is rampant fanboyism and the need to detract from features a certain brand doesn't have.

Plus...who is paying an EXTRA $500 for these features?
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:19 PM   #115
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

im not down playing rtx or ray tracing at all, ive been backing ray tracing since the nineties when i first saw it. i used to run cpu ray tracing everytime i'd get a new cpu, just to see it again. two things are true though. modern graphics CAN look almost as goode, but most games dont put that kind of effort in. also it is definitely not worth it for the majority of gamers to worry about until the 2nd generation of ray tracing cards come through AND both sides are running them in games.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 02:04 PM   #116
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

and yea when done right RT is worth that extra 500

problem is this is the first game that it is done right

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 4, 2019 at 02:20 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2019, 02:23 PM   #117
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

Metro not done right?

yoz
Old Sep 4, 2019, 02:36 PM   #118
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Metro not done right?
not this well

and this game is more made for it, Metro is too much snow

but then the performance hit is higher also
Old Sep 4, 2019, 03:05 PM   #119
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

What about Quake 2?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2019, 03:17 PM   #120
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
What about Quake 2?
party like it's 1999

I never looked at it I'm not into retro games
and was not into Quake in the distant past

maybe if they RT Zork