Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 15, 2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default System Shock 3 thread

Publisher found!

"Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, has signed a publishing agreement with Otherside Entertainment regarding the game System Shock 3. Starbreeze will invest $12 million to bring the game to PC and other platforms."

http://otherside-e.com/wp/starbreeze...ystem-shock-3/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2017, 09:13 AM   #2
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Gamespot also has some news on it. May be released on several platforms...yay us!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sys.../1100-6448730/
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yay a publisher to mess with the developers creativity and goals.

Publisher:

Hey guys we gave you 12 million and a FPS-RPG of old don't work in this day and age, now you will need to make it open world, the interface and abilities need to be simplified till a 9 year old and his grandpa can understand it, you know Doom, it was very successful, we want part of that pie so you need to make the player feel like a killing machine, make plenty of cut-scenes they ******* love that ****, oh don't forget health regeneration, a cover system, hum i'm sure we are forgetting something, but we will come back later and change stuff if needed.

Developer:

Yes mistress...

;p
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:32 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Yay a publisher to mess with the developers creativity and goals.
That's one way to look at it. I chose to see it as the game having a better chance of seeing the light of day.

yoz
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:41 PM   #5
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

<yawn> Hope it is designed to play on phones first, then ported to console and lastly to PC.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 PM   #6
1madman1
Rage3D Veteran

1madman1 is still being judged by the masses

Several platforms? Their backer survey thing they sent out a week or two ago implies it's already arriving on pretty much everything that matters.

Old Mar 17, 2017, 07:53 AM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

That's for SS3?

yoz
Old Mar 17, 2017, 08:42 AM   #8
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
That's for SS3?
No, it was for the Remaster.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 09:09 AM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Right so what does that have to do with SS3, not the same team, right?

yoz
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:39 AM   #10
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

just bring it to Switch! who cares about other platforms!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 04:47 PM   #11
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Exactly, not related. I bet that hurt the remaster team pretty hard Obviously after a remaster (if successfull) they'd aim for an SS3, and now that isn't an option anymore. Starbreeze though are talented though
Old Mar 17, 2017, 06:17 PM   #12
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
Exactly, not related. I bet that hurt the remaster team pretty hard Obviously after a remaster (if successfull) they'd aim for an SS3, and now that isn't an option anymore. Starbreeze though are talented though
Starbreeze is the publisher not the developer. I'm sure otherside studios is still making the game. Night Dive owns the IP.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Mar 17, 2017, 07:05 PM   #13
1madman1
Rage3D Veteran

1madman1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
By bad, reading fail. I hadn't even heard of SS3!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 05:03 PM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

Default System Shock 3 Teaser

yoz
Old Mar 20, 2019, 08:43 AM   #15
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Love the System Shock games. is why i played all the Bio Shock games actually and I liked the 1st two of those as well.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:00 AM   #16
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

So we have in development this and a system shock remake? Or is it the same game?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:00 AM   #17
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
So we have in development this and a system shock remake? Or is it the same game?
Right, two sepparate games.

yoz
Old Mar 20, 2019, 02:24 PM   #18
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

I thought the remake also switched to UE4. Gonna be sad if the remake looks better than 3
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 02:26 PM   #19
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
I thought the remake also switched to UE4. Gonna be sad if the remake looks better than 3
The remake did, not SS3.

yoz
Old Mar 20, 2019, 07:04 PM   #20
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Remake?

Never touched this title. I may grab the remake though.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 08:23 PM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Remake?

Never touched this title. I may grab the remake though.
Yes, this is the remake of SS1 using UE4.

yoz
Old Mar 21, 2019, 01:44 PM   #22
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is the remake still being made tho? Afaik they add to stop because of lack of funds.

And I think that video above was made before they switched to UE4, so that is perhaps Unity but i'm not sure.

Btw about Unity, very worried that SS3 is being made on it, will be a problem for modding, Unity3D is modding unfriendly, i've yet to play a game made on that engine that has a modding community or a mod on MODDB. The only reason SS1 and SS2 still work fine today is because their engines were relatively easy to mod.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Old Mar 21, 2019, 06:46 PM   #23
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Is the remake still being made tho? Afaik they add to stop because of lack of funds.

And I think that video above was made before they switched to UE4, so that is perhaps Unity but i'm not sure.

Btw about Unity, very worried that SS3 is being made on it, will be a problem for modding, Unity3D is modding unfriendly, i've yet to play a game made on that engine that has a modding community or a mod on MODDB. The only reason SS1 and SS2 still work fine today is because their engines were relatively easy to mod.
The vid above is for SS3, not the remake of SS1. SS3 is using Unity and remake is alive and well and using UE4.

yoz
Old Mar 21, 2019, 07:48 PM   #24
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

No I was talking about the video that Megaman posted, that is definitely SS1 remake, it looked almost like a older demo of it made on Unity, there my mistake but it seems is a new video from Night Dive studios, so they are indeed working on it, good to know.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Old Sep 11, 2019, 05:17 PM   #25
acroig
Master Troll

Default System Shock 3 Pre Alpha Gameplay Teaser 1080p

yoz
Old Sep 12, 2019, 09:02 AM   #26
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Wow looks gnarly, hope it turns out great.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:03 AM   #27
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game can not get here fast enough!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:14 AM   #28
acroig
Master Troll

High hopes for this one.

yoz
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:24 AM   #29
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Hopefully this game is the real deal.

Been playing Prey 2 here and there to get that old SS2 feel but it just doesn't quite do it for me. SS3 looks like it might be what I'm really wanting.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote