Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:48 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
flyhigh
Rage3D Veteran

flyhigh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
is this game playable with just a gamepad? not a hardcore racing gamer

on the other hand, I wonder if I can play any racing game with my HOTAS is there anyonen that seriously play racing game/sim with HOTAS?
Yup, cars handle great with a gamepad. I'm using a PS4 controller.

flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2015, 03:52 AM   #92
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh View Post
Yup, cars handle great with a gamepad. I'm using a PS4 controller.
what is your control preferences setting? game is harder than I expected, cars spun too easily
Old Jun 14, 2015, 05:37 AM   #93
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game is tough, dont expect to be anywhere close to the top. CArs all behave unique each, some are harder to control than others. I dont think they spin easily though.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 18, 2015, 03:46 PM   #94
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They released the patch that fixes Force Feedback today. The game is fantastic now! With this patch this game is a must have if you like rally racing and have a wheel. I haven't had this much fun in rally racing since Richard Burns Rally.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2015, 06:59 PM   #95
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game is superior than RBR in most respects. And it will only get better.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
Old Jun 18, 2015, 08:06 PM   #96
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Game is superior than RBR in most respects. And it will only get better.
Really? Something finally beat RBR?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 08:13 PM   #97
yoz
The Garbage Man

Yep. Game is top notch. The courses are amazing, especially the variety within each one. Love the narrow roads of wales or greece, flying through them feels awesome, especially in a fast car.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:11 AM   #98
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Is this game any good? I just won a code from the AMD Facebook page entering one of their competitions
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2015, 02:46 AM   #99
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

No, it's trash, you should give the code away... i'll take it, so you don't have to worry about it...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2015, 02:54 AM   #100
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Yep. Game is top notch. The courses are amazing, especially the variety within each one. Love the narrow roads of wales or greece, flying through them feels awesome, especially in a fast car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
No, it's trash, you should give the code away... i'll take it, so you don't have to worry about it...
Well, if Yoz says a game is top notch......it must be good. Either that or he is putting negative posts on hold for a change.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 07:10 AM   #101
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Well, if Yoz says a game is top notch......it must be good. Either that or he is putting negative posts on hold for a change.
It's good.

But I'll take the code if you don't want it.

But you probably want it.

Even if you think you don't want it, you probably do.

I sounded rapey-er than intended.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2015, 07:19 AM   #102
Megaman
Packing heat!

Hmmm sounds like the game is below average and no one wants it. Oh well, I'll just print the email and then burn
Old Jun 19, 2015, 09:21 AM   #103
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

I wanted to buy it during the sale, but freaking unexpected dental work burned through my money
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2015, 07:11 PM   #104
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

tweaking the steering sensitivity and stuffs does wonder for me, now the game is playable...

throttle is still a big problem with gamepad though, increasing the linearity will make it's impossible to floor but 100% and below too easily flooring the pedal, so I ended up tapping the throttle.

it's really a great rally game if you are able to get into it.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 08:13 PM   #105
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

downloaded this a few weeks back and had a ton of fun with my g27 wheel, Ill have to try out that patch for the FF

Tried it out with the oculus rift as well and it was ok, but needs a little work in that regard
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2015, 03:10 PM   #106
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2015, 03:27 PM   #107
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Game micro stutters for me stopped playing it kinda pissed cause I was really enjoying it. Doesn't matter what settings I run it at.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 05:22 PM   #108
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
This game is great in 3d. Really having a blast with this one.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2015, 02:57 AM   #109
Megaman
Packing heat!

7.6GB update

Quote:
New

12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
5 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
Opel Manta 400
Lancia 037 Evo 2
Seat Ibiza Kitcar
Peugeot 306 Maxi
New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings” (added in v.0.4.5)
Quote:
Fixes

Alongside all of our new features we’ve been hard at work tracking cleaning those annoying bugs of the front of the bumper, here’s the full list of what we’ve fixed in this latest version:
Error 41 – Fixed instances of the game not booting when there is less than 2GB of free space on C:\ drive. This was one of the causes of the dreaded error 41.
Achievement – “Going up in the world” will now pop if you had previously purchased a Hillclimb car but not received the achievement.
Stability – Driving the Peugeot 405 T16 would sometimes cause stability issues, we’ve fixed those now.
Graphics – Quite a few changes for users running Nvidia SLI. That weird black and orange screen bug is fixed and we’ve solved the graphical corruption when using SLI and anti-aliasing on high/ultra graphical presets.
Audio – The engine audio level in cockpit view can now be properly controlled by the slider.
Gameplay – The reset button should appear sooner during those awkward moments when you beach your car at the side of the road. Though we advise not beaching your car.
Gameplay – Sometimes you could rev the engine so hard on the Audi Sport Quattro the “Recover vehicle” prompt would pop up, it won’t do that anymore.
Gameplay – We’ve planted some trees and shrubs in areas of Greece and Wales where we spotted that some of you were taking shortcuts. Taking some cuts in rally is cool but these cuts were definitely not cool.
Gameplay – Fixed a loophole which would let you continually repair your car in Online Hillclimb events.
Gameplay – Online Hillclimb events will now factor in slower times from Run 2 and they won’t overwrite faster times from Run 1.
Message box – Stopped the Promotion message box from incorrectly displaying when you have completed the Masters Championship and finished in the top 3 positions.
Save – Your advanced set ups should now save as expected
Oculus – Sometimes the background on the main menu would vanish, we’ve fixed that now.
Online Events – You’ll now be disqualified if you don’t start moving within a minute
Leagues – Made the text on the league screens easier to read on lower resolutions.
Audio – Pre-update your co-driver may have become a little disinterested if you left the centre of the track from time to time, we’ve spoken to him about his attitude.
Audio – Ever had two sets of music play over a replay? That’s not a remix version and it should stop happening from now on.
Controller Fix – Fixed an issue which meant players couldn’t change the stage conditions when using the Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:29 PM   #110
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, this game is fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2015, 09:02 PM   #111
Megaman
Packing heat!

Is it expected that I get my ass handed to me in the opening stages? I bought a Lancia, it's difficult to control. Is the game dependent on car settings?

A typical racing game allows you to dominating the opening stages but its too difficult. Are my expectations too high?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:30 PM   #112
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Is it expected that I get my ass handed to me in the opening stages? I bought a Lancia, it's difficult to control. Is the game dependent on car settings?

A typical racing game allows you to dominating the opening stages but its too difficult. Are my expectations too high?
tweak the control settings

learn to not blindly floor the pedal whenever you see a straight line because you may never know when the track bite back your ass

I love the driving in this game, the car to track interaction is something many other racing games lacked so badly compared to this.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 01:46 AM   #113
Megaman
Packing heat!

Well I watched some of the YouTube vids and it seems legit.

It's hard, nothing like the previous titles. Might just spend some more time dicking around with controls and settings.

I don't mind this one.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 04:56 AM   #114
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This game is so dope. I am absolutely loving the fark out of it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2015, 08:41 PM   #115
yoz
The Garbage Man

A little montage of the game, [email protected]

• Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:11 PM   #116
Megaman
Packing heat!

World RX update

Quote:
DiRT Rally V0.6 Changelog:
Three new World RX cars: the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX.
Two new tracks: Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden.
New music tracks for your listening pleasure.
Toggle added to enable centring of the steering wheel when the car is reset to track or starting a new race. This can be turned on/off from the “Advanced Wheel” menu in the options menu by toggling “Centre Steering”. The strength of this effect can be tuned from the “Vibration and Feedback” menu by changing “Steering Centre Force”.
Added a FFB slider to control the strength of the force applied when centring the wheel.
Clutch deadzone and saturation sliders have been added to the advanced wheel options screen.
Added support for the Leobodnar Sim Steering FFB system.
A game preference has been added to allow for the driver arms and steering wheel to be hidden when using an interior camera.
Progress bar now has red/green markers showing the split when completing a sector.

Fixes
The “Little Light” achievement now unlocks after fulfilling the criteria.
Win Championship based achievements now unlock after a player loses an event during that championship… Sorry.
All Hillclimb achievements now unlock correctly when the requirements are met.
Terminal reset lines on the Monte Carlo rally route Pra d’Alart have been pushed back from the track edge.
General art fixes to the Germany routes.
Visual co-driver calls improved throughout all tracks.
Ambience added to German routes.
Various fixes to benchmark mode race playback
Solved issue where the game would freeze and stutter while driving when the user has multiple hard drives.
Added functionality to override the type of device for a controller or wheel – enabling advanced options for these input device respectively.
Steering linearity is now being applied to the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.
Position difference. Indicator shown in the Championship Standings for a Hillclimb event now displays the change in championship positions.
Fixed an issue where the distance required to unlock the later engineers wasn’t updating.
Fix for replay camera sequence sometimes getting stuck on the onboard camera.
Issue where the default vehicle tuning settings were not being applied correctly is now fixed.
Fixed an issue where cars would flip or launch into the air when driving at speed near low height objects… We’re gonna miss watching those videos.
Upgraded motion platform and telemetry peripheral support so you can now run as many DBox and UDP streams as you want, simultaneously without the need for 3rd party software.
Finishing 16 in a championship event will now give considerably less rewards.
Fixed a problem where the game would cause random inputs in the menus that didn’t come from you.
Various fixes to improve stability and reduce jitter in post race cut scene and replays.
Fixed the championship position indicators displaying the wrong information.
Fixed issue where warning message were still present on-screen after completing an event.
Updated vibration and feedback screen to display descriptions for each of the options.
A wide range of fixes and tweaks to prepare for the upcoming content.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:35 PM   #117
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Any ideas on when this game will be leaving early access and joining the world of finished games?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:03 PM   #118
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Any ideas on when this game will be leaving early access and joining the world of finished games?
Why? There is no advantage for any potential buyers to wait for this game leaving early access considering you can get it now cheaper, and afaik they already upped the price a bit compared to when it first entered early access
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:42 PM   #119
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Their current info says not in 2015, so it sounds like a Spring 2016 release at the earliest.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:10 PM   #120
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This game is better than finished games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote