Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 2, 2015, 07:49 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Clearly the people playing trackmania with a pad should go and play this game instead.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 08:45 AM   #62
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Sure bud.

As i said, go buy Trackmania.
Fun fact is that there is a whole bunch of 'true' simmers that would call you a scrub for playing what is, in their opinion another Codemasters toy game for 8 year old kids and tell you to stop wasting time and wheel and get real. I dont agree, Im happy that codies are back on the proper track but it's a common sentiment among rsrbr players. So, there you go, 'simmer'.

Then, the notion that playing a racing sim on keyboard is the same as playing Burnout (which is great btw but that's a different topic) is ridiculous. I still have to control my speed, brake more or less where you do, make strategic decisions about settings, tactical decisions about where to push. Im still afected by the damage model, lose grip and stability with speed, still have to look out for bumps and holes. I can do scandinavian flicks, handbrake turns powerslides etc. I use a different, less natural controller, so much Burnout.

Bud.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 02:07 PM   #63
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

There's absolutely no way to be fast and play with a keyboard and no assists. You are absolutely lying. Coming out of an apex with a powerful car and having 0 control over the throttle ud spin out everytime. Having 0 control over braking and locking them up cause you to again be much slower. There's no argument for using a keyboard in 2015.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 2, 2015, 02:10 PM   #64
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i guess a lot of quick tapping on keys could possibly work, but not having analog control in a racing game in 2015 just sounds like stubborn self handicapping to me.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 02:58 PM   #65
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I quick tap just like I did all your mums last night... Aww yeah.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 05:26 PM   #66
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Fun fact is that there is a whole bunch of 'true' simmers that would call you a scrub for playing what is, in their opinion another Codemasters toy game for 8 year old kids and tell you to stop wasting time and wheel and get real. I dont agree, Im happy that codies are back on the proper track but it's a common sentiment among rsrbr players. So, there you go, 'simmer'.

Then, the notion that playing a racing sim on keyboard is the same as playing Burnout (which is great btw but that's a different topic) is ridiculous. I still have to control my speed, brake more or less where you do, make strategic decisions about settings, tactical decisions about where to push. Im still afected by the damage model, lose grip and stability with speed, still have to look out for bumps and holes. I can do scandinavian flicks, handbrake turns powerslides etc. I use a different, less natural controller, so much Burnout.

Bud.
There you go bud. You're welcome.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 05:53 PM   #67
vertual
Canopus Pure 3D

vertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
There's absolutely no way to be fast and play with a keyboard and no assists. You are absolutely lying. Coming out of an apex with a powerful car and having 0 control over the throttle ud spin out everytime. Having 0 control over braking and locking them up cause you to again be much slower. There's no argument for using a keyboard in 2015.
Quit making **** up. Just because you suck at KB driving doesn't mean others can't be good at it.

Growing up in the days where there were no wheels for driving, you had keyboard. And you got good at keyboard driving if you actually wanted to play.

If you know HOW to drive with keyboard, then there is no problem. If you DON'T KNOW HOW to drive with keyboard, then shut up about it because you don't know what you are talking about.

As has been hinted before, you don't hold down keys to drive, you tap/hold. It's a feeling that develops over time, and becomes second nature, so you aren't even thinking about the inputs, you are concentrating on the race track.

I've driven games with keyboard, mouse (mouse driving is hard, if you want something to complain about), joystick (analog and 4-position "clicky" joysticks), track pad, and steering wheel/pedals setup. You can drive with any input device.

Do you set up a wheel when you play Mario Kart?
vertual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 06:08 PM   #68
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertual View Post
No, because its just as stupid as playing Dirt Rally with a keyboard.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 07:15 PM   #69
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Sure I am absolutely lying, this is so important to me. First things first I'm not hailing keyboard as an ultimate racing device, I'm just opposing the notion that playing with keyboard removes all aspects of simulation because that's just blatant bs. It's interesting though, I never did any comparision of my performance with pads vs kb, I'm sure I will get Dirt Rally at some point and will gladly provide my times then. Feel free to dismiss those as lies too though if I do post them, dont care really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
i guess a lot of quick tapping on keys could possibly work, but not having analog control in a racing game in 2015 just sounds like stubborn self handicapping to me.
Yes there's a lot of quick tapping for sure heh but as mr. vertual pointed out, you don't think about it at all after all these years. It's not a chore or an obstacle or sth, I really like it, played some Gran Tourismos with pad and I prefer keyboard. Ofc actual wheel would be ideal, I was close to buying one few times but decided I want second floor in my house finished first so I can setup it once and for all. Still keybord is absolutely enouth for me atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
There you go bud. You're welcome.
Thanks bud you're a swell guy sending me links and all but I just don't understand why would you get so stubborn over such a sweeping and absurd claim instead of just backing off.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Old May 2, 2015, 07:32 PM   #70
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Who cares if someone uses a keyboard, ouji board, or their Bugatti Veyron?

Just play the game like you want to and be happy about it.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 07:32 PM   #71
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertual View Post
Quit making **** up. Just because you suck at KB driving doesn't mean others can't be good at it.

Growing up in the days where there were no wheels for driving, you had keyboard. And you got good at keyboard driving if you actually wanted to play.

If you know HOW to drive with keyboard, then there is no problem. If you DON'T KNOW HOW to drive with keyboard, then shut up about it because you don't know what you are talking about.

As has been hinted before, you don't hold down keys to drive, you tap/hold. It's a feeling that develops over time, and becomes second nature, so you aren't even thinking about the inputs, you are concentrating on the race track.

I've driven games with keyboard, mouse (mouse driving is hard, if you want something to complain about), joystick (analog and 4-position "clicky" joysticks), track pad, and steering wheel/pedals setup. You can drive with any input device.

Yes that might be it, people thinking keyboard is so bad maybe just never tried long enough to develop a method for accurate driving.

Btw I just checked, I do million taps a race heh it's pretty crazy if you put attention to it. Never really noticed how frantic it is. Im a piano player though Im used to be fast with fingers heh.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Last edited by Ziklitschli : May 2, 2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old May 2, 2015, 07:49 PM   #72
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

lol you don't get it there is no linearity in tapping a keyboard button. There is absolutely no way to control throttle and braking without giving it the full input. Tapping the button still produces full braking and throttle input. You cannot ease out of a corner or not lock the brakes up it's just not possible.
Old May 2, 2015, 08:31 PM   #73
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
That looks and sounds way more promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 08:42 PM   #74
vertual
Canopus Pure 3D

vertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
lol you don't get it there is no linearity in tapping a keyboard button. There is absolutely no way to control throttle and braking without giving it the full input. Tapping the button still produces full braking and throttle input. You cannot ease out of a corner or not lock the brakes up it's just not possible.
LOL you are the one who doesn't "Get" it. We are talking from actual experience of doing it. You can make up situations in your head all you want, but it isn't impossible.

You are wrong, and you can't do it, so why not just drop the discussion altogether and start talking about Dirt Rally again, huh?
vertual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 08:47 PM   #75
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Quote:
So you don't know sh_t after all. I invite you to filter section of rbr options where you can set braking being less sensitive to smaller inputs, for example. Other games do it too for better or worse just not every one lets you control it.

So no, tapping the button does not produce full braking and throttle input.

It's not perfect ofc. It's also nowhere near as bad as you think it is.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old May 2, 2015, 09:06 PM   #76
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Tapping produces full braking lawls.
Most ignorant shite I read all day.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 11:12 AM   #77
Adrianf1
Radeon R300

Adrianf1 is still being judged by the masses

Gameplay alternating four different cameras. Video with Ford Fiesta RS WRC at Koryfi Dafni stage, Greece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4rNYGLQi8
Adrianf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 06:35 PM   #78
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The only answer is to have a tournament, KB vs mouse. Mano A Mano.

Winners are showered in praise and losers are exiled.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2015, 03:44 AM   #79
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Mouse wins, no contest. With keyboard, each time you touch a left or right arrow you do a 180 turn so the only way to take anything short of a hairpin is to drive in circles trying to do a pedal to the metal tap at the right time that wil send you into uber powerslide, then floor it with a tap and prey no trees are present. Takes some skill man believe me and obviously you wont be able to keep the car on the road in dirt rally, it's not possible because unforgiving and just that you can do it in casual crap like RBR or other burnouts doesnt mean ****.

Anyway on topic, it might be a good year for rally. Milestone is doing Sebastian Loeb Rally and maybe being free of WRC license will do them good. Tracks are supposed to be gps based so maybe an improvement over the hairpin fest that were WRCs.

Kylotonn is doing WRC 5, might be crap but who knows, suprise is possible. It will not be rbr realism level for sure but something on Codemasters level could happen.

Then there's gRally, the only one that can dethrone RBR on simulation front but is kind of missing the point of it, giving not enough attention to graphics. RBR still looks great so if the new game is not some current gen tesselated mud million polygon gfx powerhouse, why even bother? Netcode maybe or sth I don't know.

And DIRT Rally ofc, from what Ive seen the tracks are incredible and gfx seems to be finaly free of that sheen that plagued previous dirts.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old May 5, 2015, 02:23 PM   #80
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

That was a great article imo:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...first-real-sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurogamer
There's no mistaking this is anything other than a simulation - and I don't think you've been able to say that of a rally game since 2004's much-loved Richard Burns Rally. Even that's not good enough for Coleman, though. "I haven't aimed at Richard Burns Rally and say I want to make a game as revered as Richard Burns is," he says. "However, my personal feeling and a feeling of the number of rally drivers I've spoken to who've had experience of Richard Burns Rally out of the box - I'm not talking about the modded version - certainly it's too hard. It's a simulation that goes beyond what is real, and if rally cars fully drove like that, there wouldn't be many rally drivers left in the world because they'd be all wrapped around trees.
Haha I have to say I think this Coleman guy has a point, RBR as much as I love it went a bit too far with how unforgiving it is. Not all rally drivers say that though, Robert Kubica claims to play RBR on regular basis. He's named crashbica for a reason though so maybe it properly simulates his usual near death driving heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman guy
We want to simulate that these cars drive down these roads quickly and competently, and they're set up to be a pleasure to drive and so that you can have a confidence in them. A lot of that comes from a surface, and that surface giving a feedback perhaps it doesn't in Richard Burns Rally. When you slide in our game the surface is building up, there's a density there so the deeper you cut into a surface, the more resistance it provides.
Funny sound awful lot like WRC 4 and what it tried to represent, that game got so much flak for being toyish it's not even funny. I knew it was actualy not that bad and they had great sense of speed at around 90kph, it's a lot really when you're driving a bumpy road through the forest.

Anyway sure they may have a better surface model in dirt rally but terrain modeling and feedback seems limited in comparision with RBR, at least from what I've seen, also I don't think they will have crazy sh_t like moving engine parts or sth simulated the way RBR does.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Last edited by Ziklitschli : May 5, 2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old May 5, 2015, 02:25 PM   #81
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's so good that it was included in the first post.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2015, 02:31 PM   #82
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

It was heh. Im on the phone so some things escape me.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old May 5, 2015, 03:22 PM   #83
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Looks promising. No Ken Block diarheamkana.

I miss the old Colin Mcrea games, and RIP colin.

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2015, 11:19 PM   #84
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

God damn this game is good. Doesn't feel very early access at all, very well polished. Codemasters is back
eNforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2015, 03:41 AM   #85
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wow an entire page of how you "should" play then game in some eyes andi bet no one in those nposts actually bought it !

I too am a keyboard masher, I've got a joystick but loathed to get a wheel.

BTW, if you play fps games especially army orientated then unless you camp up and dress the part then you are also not doing it right ! Similar for surfing pr0n, one needs to be naked for the realistic approach!
Old May 9, 2015, 01:12 PM   #86
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've got it, been playing with an Xbox 360 pad, But I've now dug out my Thrustmaster G25 so will have to give that a try now :-)
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2015, 12:31 AM   #87
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
you can play with keyboard pretty well if you're adept at it from lots of practice.

I often can not be bothered to plugin my DFGT if I just want a quick session and revert to the trusty old keyboard.

its perfectly manageable with assists but with a wheel you can easily shave 10's of seconds off your times.

Quote:
Tapping produces full braking lawls.
in quite a few racing games you need to hold the button down for more than a split second.

I guess they work it out from how many signals are received in a set time and use some form of filtering
hold your . down whilst typing, then tap it fast instead.

same time far less ......
Old May 22, 2015, 05:00 AM   #88
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

DiRT Rally - £17.02 with code:RALLY on Gamesplanet.de

For anyone who was holding off for cheaper than steam.

Awesome game and will be immense once they add rally cross and rallycross multiplayer

Don't buy expecting an easy dirt game though as this game will punish you hard for over driving the car
Old Jun 1, 2015, 07:40 PM   #89
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

anyone want to be awesome and send me the hardware config.xml file?

i was messing with it to get the oclulus rift working, and i dont know what i did, but i broke the game.

and yeah, i didnt save it before messing with it

nevermind figured it out if i deleted it that the game made a new one that worked

Last edited by Osirus : Jun 1, 2015 at 08:34 PM.
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:23 AM   #90
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

is this game playable with just a gamepad? not a hardcore racing gamer

on the other hand, I wonder if I can play any racing game with my HOTAS is there anyonen that seriously play racing game/sim with HOTAS?