Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:04 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have played all CMR03-05, Dirt 1-Showdown, Grid 1-autosport and TOCA 2 all on keyboard without issues.
Outside codemasters ofcourse I have played every single NFS game, Shift games and even Assetto Corsa on keyboard without issues.

So yeah, keyboard is where its at, BITCHES!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:55 AM   #32
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

keyboard for racing games, what is this, 1998?
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2015, 02:08 PM   #33
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I have played all CMR03-05, Dirt 1-Showdown, Grid 1-autosport and TOCA 2 all on keyboard without issues.
Outside codemasters ofcourse I have played every single NFS game, Shift games and even Assetto Corsa on keyboard without issues.

Good for you. That'd like a 5 year old saying mommy I fit da round one in da square.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:07 PM   #34
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

lol

Half the fun of these games is playing without assists and with analog control. Why the hell are you even wasting your time with them? Keyboard? Play trackmania. Or Mario Kart or something. Not Assetto Corsa like some shmuck.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:08 PM   #35
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
keyboard for racing games, what is this, 1998?
I remember trying to play nascar racing 2 back in the day with a keyboard.... not very fun
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2015, 04:23 PM   #36
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Why do people care what controls others use? PC gaming is about letting you use a joystick for an FPS if that is what you want to do. Or a wheel for an RTS.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2015, 04:40 PM   #37
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

I bought it just waiting for it to download.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 05:43 PM   #38
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Why do people care what controls others use? PC gaming is about letting you use a joystick for an FPS if that is what you want to do. Or a wheel for an RTS.
These are sims. The pleasure of them is simply keeping the car on the track and having fine control over it. Keyboard doesnt allow that. You probably need assists on etc, at this point though why are you even playing a sim? Get Most Wanted or Burnout or something.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
Old Apr 29, 2015, 06:07 PM   #39
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

I really don't care what you play with but you are just being a stubborn idiot for playing good racing games with a keyboard. KAC plays other games with a controller but refuses to play racing games with one. It literally just doesn't even make sense. Stephen Hawkings couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation for that nonsense.

Anyways I'm home and about to fire it up and will report back.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:11 PM   #40
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wreckfest is better than any Codemaster game since Grid.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:12 PM   #41
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Need that tampon pic that got me banned last time lol
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:30 PM   #42
yoz
The Garbage Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Wreckfest is better than any Codemaster game since Grid.
Nah. Codemaster games are always good stuff, with some better than others.

Anyway, Dirt Rally is one of the best racing games i've played. And its just early access.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
Old Apr 29, 2015, 08:53 PM   #43
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Yeah this is fantastic stuff by codies. The best Dirt game I've played and the one I've been waiting for since the resurgence of rally games. That poor excuse WRC was total ****.

This is aweosme and I am just in an 85hp FWD mini cooper now.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:39 PM   #44
MUYA
Radeon R420

MUYA is still being judged by the masses

Damnit, reading feedback here and Steam, now I need to buy that new G27 for this and CARS.

I miss my old Logitech momo wheel and, this xbox controller doesn't do any thing for me for immersion and generally giddyness
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:30 PM   #45
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

The game rocks, I am not sure if the difficulty of the AI is too high for me but I can't come in higher than 3rd in the finished event, I can barely get decent times in the individual stages, the game without assists is extremely unforgiving. This is with a 95hp mini (upgraded it) This is definitely worth the price tag and if it turns out to be a great finished product you just got the best Rally game to date for only 30 bucks. Not to mention e30 M3 that was enough for me to buy!!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:41 PM   #46
KAC
That postcount though...

**** you guys. Seriously. Bought.
Time to break out the ultra special racing game keyboard! Aww yeah!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:07 PM   #47
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Yeah KAC honestly you are going to hate this game, it's nothing like the previous DIRT games at all. You will absolutely struggle to keep the car on the track. The tracks are extremely tight with dangerous obstacles just inches off the racing line that will send you flipping or spinning out, just use your ****ing xbox controller.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:28 PM   #48
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Fyi there is also sebastian loeb rally game on steam upcoming release list; ss of that game showing environment looks better than dirt but that's it
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:52 PM   #49
KAC
That postcount though...

That's OK. I struggle with most racing games initially. It is worse for me when playing with the sexbox 360 controller. I am going to be punching through this and will learn over a few races the mechanics. Once done, I am going to own the tracks.

Atleast I hope to since I don't have shite worth of time to play. Hell I am punching through GTA V with my keyboard for car driving so this can't be that bad lol.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 01:05 AM   #50
KAC
That postcount though...

Boned a couple of stages. Took me 3 tries to get used to controls and the crappy cooper. Got 6th on first stage and 3rd on second stage. Just practicing for now and should be able to play with the keyboard. The response on keyboard is phenomenal. Loving the touchy feel of the keys and immediate reaction of the car.

Graphics are OK and sound effects are super underwhelming but the tracks are dopey dope. Love it.

Great buy!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 01:13 AM   #51
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

You are driving a 85hp 60's mini cooper the engine sounds aren't going to be astonishing. Wait till you get the group b audi quattros and other beastly vehicles then there will be no way to control a 450hp monster with a keyboard. I'll put money on it if you can beat me in a race with your keyboard.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 01:30 AM   #52
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
No its not. That's not even a funny joke.
It's not for a game like this that is definitely aiming for more sim-like behaviour and handling.

What is a joke is that I was kicking the assess of people online using a keyboard in the original DIRT game.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2015, 12:30 PM   #53
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old May 1, 2015, 11:23 PM   #54
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

3dVision and trackIR both work fantastic.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 12:22 AM   #55
KAC
That postcount though...

This game is like going back to the early 2000s and getting introduced to rally again. Oh my, the tracks are so awesome. I am just hoping that they add weather, dirt, and tons of effects in the future. This can be the definitive game for Rally.

Keyboard so owns in this game.
Old May 2, 2015, 03:16 AM   #56
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
These are sims. The pleasure of them is simply keeping the car on the track and having fine control over it. Keyboard doesnt allow that. You probably need assists on etc, at this point though why are you even playing a sim? Get Most Wanted or Burnout or something.
I never use assist in a driving game and I always play with a keyboard, be it CMRs Dirts WRCs or Asseto Corsa nowadays. Just recently I returned to RBR and completed everything in rallying school on first take. Hell I managed carreer in first Shift, such a great drifting game heh.

Playing a sim is not only about controls, why would you torture me with Most Wanted just because I play on the laptop atm and a wheel doesn't make sense. Do you have a rumble chair under your ass, no, why do you even sim? And no Im not touching the pad as long as I can play with keyboard, sure Im going to get a wheel some day and a really good one if so but I can clearly see a difference between rbr and dirt without it.

Sometimes Im just too lazy to hook up my stick to play flight sims and have just as much fun without it. It's less genuine ofc but not less meaningful.

I hear the pad bs with every second console port btw, with dark souls people get sneery if you even mention kb + mouse, then ofc I fire it like that and it's perfect even without mouse fix because kb + mouse is perfect for behind the back camera. Fast attack on left mouse button, long on right block on shift it's so great, I cringe at the idea of playing it on pad. I own PS3 pad and xbox pad btw also am quite good with those like finish Halo on legendary but go for kbm every time out of love, it's written into my genetic code already. I can see a pad being better for sth like God of War or sport games but still Id go for keyboard probably, Oh wait I did with PES15 also can do SSS in DMC 3/4 with kb, my consolist 'PC bad because drivers and reasons' and vey competitive friend was laughing at both unless he got his ass handed to him in the former (kb vs pad) and saw me fighting in the latter. Sure with equal skill in play I may be handicapped in some games but dont care tbh.

So, I love playing on keyboard and am quite good with it, get your true simmer stick out of your ass.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Last edited by Ziklitschli : May 2, 2015 at 03:23 AM.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 03:26 AM   #57
KAC
That postcount though...

Amen brother.
Old May 2, 2015, 05:45 AM   #58
yoz
The Garbage Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post

So, I love playing on keyboard and am quite good with it,.
Sure bud.

As i said, go buy Trackmania.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
Old May 2, 2015, 06:35 AM   #59
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Lmao great troll post
Old May 2, 2015, 07:44 AM   #60
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Sure bud.

As i said, go buy Trackmania.
You say that like it's a bad game. Not only that, but a lot of people play trackmania with a pad... so... what's your point?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote