Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:28 PM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

geebus, thats a lot of currency to have already used this league!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:08 PM   #842
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Probably done the chaos recipe a couple hundred times this league so far. Regardless of what elitists say (waste of time, inefficient etc) I think it's great for casual or new players to the game, or even experienced players at the start of a league.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2019, 03:52 AM   #843
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

oh yeah definitely, i do it for ages with my first character each league,. only really stop when i feel it starts to slow me down
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 22, 2019, 02:42 AM   #844
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Shaper down.

First time killing him in Legion, must have been my easiest shaper kill to date. Estimated I was doing somewhere around 2-3 mil dps. (PoB doesn't support Impale and some of the new ascendancy changes yet)
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Old Jun 25, 2019, 04:24 AM   #845
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

So the melee rework. I watched the dev video on it which looked good, but that's probably low tier gear.
And given how much PoE loves attack/cast speed which is my main problem with the game as it turns combat into 50aps effects diarrhea, has anything changed on that front?

It's hard to explain, but too much speed detracts from the 'visual flow' of the game since the animations never have a chance to be properly showcased.
I prefer a Pogo stick, while PoE is more of a power drill.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:58 AM   #846
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Kind of. There are more incentives for slower attacks, but attack speed is still the best stat to get.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:00 AM   #847
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well, you don't have to go with speed. They added a lot of new physical multiplier supports, etc. The Sand stance adds a fair amount of survivability as it blinds people at close range so killing things instantly isn't as necessary. New aoe radius attacks mean you don't need spells for certain things, which is a huge boon (curse on hit?) Better armor support with guard skills make it not a lost cause.

Overall a good rework. Basic legion mechanics are ok and at least don't require you to play an entirely different minigame that takes you out of the normal flow. Haven't gotten the shards yet.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2019, 09:50 PM   #848
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

League's winding down, decided to throw some currency at a couple bases in my stash, crafted this 665 dps bad boy.

Hillock qualitied it myself. Took about 300 alts to hit T1 hybrid. Then 2 annuls, 1 regal, 222 fus to 6L, 2ex for multimod, 1ex for phys%, 1ex for attack speed, and a few chaos for the flat phys, accuracy+quality.

Don't even use axes, it's just sitting in my stash. Don't know if I want to sell it or maybe respec a bit to have some fun with it.

Last edited by Drexion : Jul 12, 2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 09:57 PM   #849
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

damn, thats beatiful

thats the axe im aiming for, but im not even close to there yet in currencey
Old Jul 15, 2019, 03:21 PM   #850
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Finished another Vaal Axe craft earlier today, works out to about 730 dps (with fortify multiplier).

Already respecced into axes and bought a watchers eye +2 impale hits for 9ex, planning on having some fun with this.

Last edited by Drexion : Jul 16, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 09:24 AM   #851
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Lucky drop!! A free 9 exalts is a free 9 exalts!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 03:35 PM   #852
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Lucky drop!! A free 9 exalts is a free 9 exalts!
Sorry, meant I bought one for 9ex, my bad. Fixed the phrasing. Uber elder never dropped a jewel for me, only red/yellow elders did and they never had decent stats on them. (the drop chance for a jewel from Uber Elder is 1 in 9, and I rarely do Uber, maybe once a league with a carry)

Edit: Just hit 3 white sockets first try at the Vorici syndicate bench on that axe, might be handy in the future.

Last edited by Drexion : Jul 16, 2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 07:02 PM   #853
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
If its getting stale
Never said that, in fact the gameplay is still quite fun. It's the surrounding aspects which drag down the overall experience. Here's a few examples:

(1) Trade - it's a nightmare and that's putting it kindly. There needs to be a way to purchase items from another player without him needing to be online, without him needing to be in the same instance, and without him needing to click 'accept'. Players have been begging for this for years.

Because there is no functional trade system in the game, shady RMT (Real Money Trading) websites can run hundreds of thousands of bots which interfere with the flow of the economy in all kinds of ways, such as price fixing, scamming and sniping. They use these techniques to manipulate certain currencies to maximize RMT profits before mass dumping currency.

(2) 1-Shot gameplay design – the end game is binary; you are either alive or dead. There is no in between. No strategy, no possibility of counterplay involved. The excuse is that players can logoff instantaneously anytime they want. They should learn from other arpgs and have your character in the game world for about 8 seconds after alt+f4-ing the client, then re-design the mob damage so that the player has a chance of counterplaying spike damage.

Even streamers who’ve played tens of thousands of hours when watching their deaths in slow motion frame by frame sometimes can’t tell what killed them in that one specific frame.

(3) Allow pets to pick up currency (or even items based on the loot filter) This is already in the game but only unlocked in China, they locked it in every other region. China get’s QoL, everyone else gets carpal tunnel.
(won’t be pay to win, everyone will get a basic simple small pet like the weta one)

(4) Increase the inventory size. The game now has something like 10 leagues of content built into it, but the inventory was already stifling since day one. This is already in the game but only unlocked in China, they locked it in every other region. China get’s QoL, everyone gets to leave loot behind or waste time continuously going back to town/hideout.

(5)a - Increase the minimum distance your character has to be from loot to pick it up. Right now you have to be right on top of it, which is a click-fest annoyance.
b - When you pick up one item type, for example 1 wisdom scroll, you should pick up all automatically within a radius of your character
c - Loot should automatically clump together, so for example instead of seeing 10 orbs of transmutation scattered around a small area, you just see one “10x orb of transmutation”.

(6) Pull the camera back. This has been another thing been asked for since day 1, and is especially noticeable when coming back from other games. The camera is so close to you in this game that you can’t see enemies (at certain angles) until they are right in your face.

Blight league especially emphasizes this issue, where end game Tower Defense you have to run around like an idiot trying to get your towers on screen so you can upgrade them.

(7) Make the lab optional. In the player voting that takes place on the sub each year, the #1 most hated aspect of the game is the lab. (#1 used to be temp chains map mod, but then they patched warding flasks to somewhat negate it)

The core aspect of an ARPG is that you pick up loot, level up, better you character, and take on stronger content. All this is thrown out the window in the lab because the traps in there do percentage damage. The end game lab traps are actually easier to deal with with 500 life than 7k life – completely throwing the arpg concept upside down. Uber lab runners characters which farm lab and have 1500 life do lab easier than geared out characters with 7k life.

The lab is like a super Mario platform level thrown into the middle of an ARPG. It just doesn’t feel like it belongs. Even for players that enjoy the lab, the camera is so close to your character you can’t even see the entire gauntlet trap layouts to plan your movement like a platform game. Often you have to guess your way through.

The lab should also offer checkpoints. It feels like hardcore content forced into the softcore playerbase, the way you lose all progress in there if and when you die.

(8) Base movement speed should be increased, to maybe 150% of what it is now. Moving slow as molasses during the leveling stages of the game during a new league isn’t fun. Barring one or two exceptions (like Kaoms roots), if boots don’t have the 30%+ movement speed stat they are seen as worthless.

(9) XP lost on death should be tweaked at L98 or somewhere around that level. Maybe drop it back to 5%. Losing 3 hours of grinding due to the 1-shot end game design is very annoying, considering most deaths at end game take place in 1 single frame, where the player has no chance to react coming from an attack from offscreen, since the camera is so close to your character.

(10) League content should be more thoroughly tested before being release. It’s become quite obvious that it isn’t tested properly and the players are the beta testers. The league cycle every league has been (a) league gets released (b) players find tons of obvious bugs/glitches/issues (c) playerbase numbers drop during the first 1-2 weeks because of these issues (d) they patch some of the issues a couple weeks in but by then they’ve lost 1/3 the playerbase.

One common suggestion is that they should do leagues every 4 months instead of every 3, to give the teams time to iron out issues. Many league mechanics in the game at the moment need to be overhauled to a playable state. Simple example - trying to modify the syndicate board in a shaper/elder map is clunky as hell as every few seconds shaper or elder spawns and throws balls at you, while you're in the league mechanic window. Many league mechanics have clunky elements like this which don't mesh well with the general gameplay flow.

There are a lot more QoL and balance issues with the game but I think this post is long enough. Some of them quickly would be:

AoE scaling, Melee builds vs Projectile builds, Wealth locked content, Map droprate, Crafting mods availability, Farming efficiency in low level content vs End game content, Movement skills functionality, Broken line of sight checks, Map generation ‘dead ends’, Locking crucial content (such as crafting) behind rng league content, Timers on some content making slower builds nonviable, Poor 2H scaling vs 1Handers, Making some league content optional, Uselessness of armor, Flask Macros used by half the playerbase (china has in-game QoL flask macros ofcourse), Life and mana leech balances, Area skills vs Single Target performance even though most builds only have one 6L, RNG of currency drops, Map mods which negate certain builds, Picking up loot is pointless (by day 2 most players are on a strict loot filter hiding 99% of all loot in an ARPG), and fun taking a backseat to balance is many aspects of their game design philosophy.

(I didn’t mention any of the performance issues because 99% of the time the game runs fine for me) Rumour has it that Sony's certification process is giving ggg a lot of trouble due to the game's abysmal performance.

PoE is still an awesome game with fun gameplay and the best ARPG out there, I’d still recommend to someone looking for an ARPG to play as many of the issues only tend to crop up at end game for players pushing into high levels or difficult content. That said, imo the game has reached a tipping point, where it’s starting to bleed even its most dedicated players away.

Last edited by Drexion : Sep 15, 2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 06:55 PM   #854
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hmm, i agree with points 1 and 2, and would love it if the camera was pulled back some, the view it gets pulled back to at some areas in the campaign in a breath of fresh air for that moment you get it.

I agree the lab can be rough, and would be nice if those dramatic gameplay options were in an easier form to get, like the gods powers, but im fine with the lab as is. Unless i'm solely reliant on only life and life leech ive never had an issue with uber lab traps. My only concern with the lab is getting disconnected or lag spikes.

every 4 months on each league would be nice, but i dont really agree with most of your other points. I dont really disagree with them, just dont think they are that necessary either.