Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 5, 2010, 09:06 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

You don't miss anything from Skipping 2... 2 is so **** its not even funny. Though it did have some nice new combos.

3 is worth playing if you feel up to it, it is harder than 4 though, easily as hard as the first time you played the first game!

Story wise, i don't think you are missing anything that would give you any extra enjoyment out of 4.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 06:38 AM   #182
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah, I only played DMC4 complete and found that story was good enough as a standalone.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 09:38 AM   #183
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Finished the Pitt in Fallout 3.

Have run into numerous deathclaws. I'm now at level 22 and am going around doing various side quests and accumulating wealth. Got a bunch of crap for my house in Megaton. Infirmary, lab, and workbench. Made some weapons, mines, and grenades. Going to go do the point lookout dlc next.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:17 AM   #184
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

started playing kane and lynch... 5-6 levels done. very average game so far. also played the first section of god of war 3, now that was seriously awesome
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 01:44 PM   #185
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Yeah, I only played DMC4 complete and found that story was good enough as a standalone.
If you have a playstation or emulator you should give DMC 1 a go, it is still the best of its kind, it just does not look as shiny as DMC 4.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 02:27 PM   #186
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

lost my torchlight charecter. Visited a friend, turned out I had played it there, and that it still had the proper save game. Loaded that one and made a backup. No happily grinding with him again.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 02:29 PM   #187
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
lost my torchlight charecter. Visited a friend, turned out I had played it there, and that it still had the proper save game. Loaded that one and made a backup. No happily grinding with him again.
how can one lose their character when all the save data is uploaded to the steam cloud?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 03:09 PM   #188
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

simple. You play on another PC, backing up their local saves, just to be safe. You put them back when you finish, then forget to log out of steam. Then that person logs on and it says "Hey, your local saves are different than the online saves, want to override?" And they click "OK". Bye bye cloud save. You log back on to your local game and it says "Cloud Saves are different" and you download them because you were playing on another PC, expect to get your toon, and get your friends.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Jul 6, 2010, 03:58 PM   #189
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
simple. You play on another PC, backing up their local saves, just to be safe. You put them back when you finish, then forget to log out of steam. Then that person logs on and it says "Hey, your local saves are different than the online saves, want to override?" And they click "OK". Bye bye cloud save. You log back on to your local game and it says "Cloud Saves are different" and you download them because you were playing on another PC, expect to get your toon, and get your friends.
i've read your post about 5 times and i still don't understand how it happened. steam syncs saves every time you start and exit the game, and it is not dependent on when you logout of steam. if your friend logged in and steam found different saves locally (yours) than what was on his cloud, then it would be his saves that disappeared, not yours.

also, don't forget to logout when you're done. also, there's no need to backup saves with steam cloud. also, don't click yes anytime steam asks to sync, especially when you have been messing with the local saves.

Last edited by spindoctor : Jul 6, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 04:25 PM   #190
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Made it to manhattan mission in ArmA II. Dr Sova was hanged in a tree
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 09:34 PM   #191
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Anyone play Disciples 2 here? Is it supposed to be so hard? On the third mission of the elves in "Rise of the Elves" and that dragon slaughtered all my troops and all the empire are coming at me at once... I know i can't lose my city, but i don't want to lose my main hero either :/
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:11 PM   #192
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i've read your post about 5 times and i still don't understand how it happened. steam syncs saves every time you start and exit the game, and it is not dependent on when you logout of steam. if your friend logged in and steam found different saves locally (yours) than what was on his cloud, then it would be his saves that disappeared, not yours.

also, don't forget to logout when you're done. also, there's no need to backup saves with steam cloud. also, don't click yes anytime steam asks to sync, especially when you have been messing with the local saves.
If the local saves differ from the cloud saves, it's default function is to upload the local saves to the cloud. (So if you play off line for instance).

Thus, when I restored his save games, and he restarted the game on my account, it uploaded his save games to my cloud, overriding them. My effort to ensure he did not lose his save game backfired on me, and I lost mine on the cloud.

Quote:
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:31 PM   #193
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Didn't play jack ****..
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:53 PM   #194
ZircomFpab
Frog and proud to be

ZircomFpab is still being judged by the masses

Won as Captain in Galcon Fusion ;-)
Old Jul 7, 2010, 02:22 AM   #195
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Anyone play Disciples 2 here? Is it supposed to be so hard? On the third mission of the elves in "Rise of the Elves" and that dragon slaughtered all my troops and all the empire are coming at me at once... I know i can't lose my city, but i don't want to lose my main hero either :/
Yeah. DC2 is brutal to the T.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:20 PM   #196
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ok, goode, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me

Got Prototype during the steam sale as well... anyone know how to change the audio output frequency in xp, or on a x-fi extreme gamer :/
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:40 PM   #197
KAC
That postcount though...

Pumped a lot of Shatter. About 8 levels through.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:03 PM   #198
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

alpha protocol for 3 days in a row now.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 08:27 AM   #199
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

finished alpha protocol this morning. now playing through the general knoxx DLC for borderlands.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:48 AM   #200
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished memory sequence 7 in Ass Creed 2. Man this game gets better by the minute. My ass is getting so powerful, I can feel it baby..

Awesome sauce.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 08:44 PM   #201
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
If you have a playstation or emulator you should give DMC 1 a go, it is still the best of its kind, it just does not look as shiny as DMC 4.
I tried playing 1 and 3 on an emulator but I couldn't get it working properly and my PS2 is broken.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:23 PM   #202
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

finished kane and lynch. the entire game lasted me 4.3 hours . and a very, very average 4.3 hours i might add. also completed flower... strange game.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:34 AM   #203
KAC
That postcount though...

Played a couple of levels in Metro 2033. This game is awesome and also getting a sequel. I hope they churn out a very good sequel to this one. Loving it.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:39 AM   #204
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Played a couple of levels in Metro 2033. This game is awesome and also getting a sequel. I hope they churn out a very good sequel to this one. Loving it.
Glad you kept playing it.

Im on dogs of war mission in ArmA II now, and just captures Chernogorsk (capital city). US sent backup and location of the bad guy. Time for my revenge Really great game so far.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:43 AM   #205
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Glad you kept playing it.

Im on dogs of war mission in ArmA II now, and just captures Chernogorsk (capital city). US sent backup and location of the bad guy. Time for my revenge Really great game so far.
Yeah purchased it on sale. Good thing is that I don't have to replay levels since it is using the same saves as my copy .

Played some DiRT 2 events and unlocked level 32. Also got 3 achievements: "As good as it gets", "Two cups one girl" and "Gut it out!"
Finished chapter 1 of resident evil 5.
Finished DiRT 2 Colin McRae challenge for 75G
Finished a 4-5 missions in Ass Creed 2 Sequence 8, raided a tomb, unlocked one more piece of truth.
Played 3 missions of Lost and the Damned.
Finished 3 bandit hideouts and 1 stranger mission in RDR , love this game.

Last edited by KAC : Jul 10, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:19 AM   #206
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You've really been in Gaming Nirvana, KAC.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:34 AM   #207
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You've really been in Gaming Nirvana, KAC.
No **** edward. Yesterday was an awesome day
Old Jul 11, 2010, 05:16 AM   #208
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Finished moscow in Alpha Protocol. In Rome now.

iPhone 8 Plus
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:48 PM   #209
GanjaStar
Jalouise

im half way through splinter cell: conviction

one whole level feels like i was transported to black mesa facility
Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:03 PM   #210
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
im half way through splinter cell: conviction

one whole level feels like i was transported to black mesa facility
which level is that?