Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:33 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

There are death claws near the coke factory i think, but as you level up you get high level encounters, so you may not have seen them yet because your only level 15. That being said, the only time i ever found the game hard in any way was the very first time i met the Mutants in the city, because i went practically straight there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
just finished call of pripyat. got the full good ending somehow

we need more games like this.

i can't even imagine a mix of stalker's awesomness with the polish from some western developer. it would be a perfect game.
I actually cannot imagine Stalker combined with any games, what were you thinking?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:37 AM   #122
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post

I actually cannot imagine Stalker combined with any games, what were you thinking?
some polish with the cutscenes, text cleanup, better voice acting, etc. those are the lacking areas in stalker. if someone took care of that the game would look much more profesional and the atmosphere and immersion factor would increase.

the in game cutscenes are the level of quality of a half life 1 amateur mod, voice acting lacks the acting part, some sidequest have enemies literaly drop out of the sky in front of you. stuff like that, that doesn't directly affect the gameplay, but it does affect the overall feel of the game.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:02 PM   #123
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

ok, i agree about the direction, but i actually like the somewhat broken english text and speech, the only improvement i would like to see on that front is no english vocals just text
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:13 PM   #124
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

<TWEET> Get out of here stalker.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:12 PM   #125
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
lol
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:51 PM   #126
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I started playing Dead Space, using the xbox controller. So far so good, creepy atmosphere.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 06:02 PM   #127
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This thread has spoilers...anyway I'm playing Blacksite now.It ain't so hot but I have a strange desire to finish it even though I have unopened games like Fallout 3 and GTA 4.....
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:12 PM   #128
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Raiasokura is still being judged by the masses

I havent finished anything since BC2, think im going slightly crazy. through lack of gaming.

Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:14 PM   #129
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gave up on NWN 2 just after the tutorial. Once I heard the word 'blight' i quit.

Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:31 PM   #130
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Super Mario World

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:22 PM   #131
venom1969
Radeon R300

venom1969 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Gave up on NWN 2 just after the tutorial. Once I heard the word 'blight' i quit.
LoL

Playing Civilization 4 moved up to Prince level difficulty.
venom1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:33 AM   #132
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Beat Force Unleashed. Finding the last few holocrons.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:12 PM   #133
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

playing l4d 2 today exclusively. spending most time in map 1, then we go back to lobby cause people ragequit so much .....
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:50 PM   #134
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Is the force unleashed available on DVD? if so how many discs? not sure ive even seen it out.

Is it available for retail yet? or is it digital distribution only.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 03:16 PM   #135
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

I killed Vlad.
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:00 PM   #136
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin is still being judged by the masses

cod:waw > cod:mw. blood and gore ftw
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:34 PM   #137
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman Linkin View Post
cod:waw > cod:mw. blood and gore ftw
**** spwans ruins the game though. ive spawned right behind people on may occasions lol, never happens in mw.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:17 PM   #138
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Pumped quite a few missions in RDR. Man I love that game and Abraham Reyes was one funny moron. Am on the hunt for Dutch now. Game is too good...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:24 PM   #139
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Catching up on some old games. Just got downtown on Vampire Bloodlines.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:33 PM   #140
GanjaStar
Jalouise

getting close to 800 hours of l4d 2. 1.5 hours to go

played a bit of bad company 2. is till suck, the netcode still sucks, and im thinking of just beating single player and deleting the game.

about to play some singularity before i go to bed.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Jun 30, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:34 PM   #141
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
getting close to 800 hours of l4d 2. 1.5 hours to go

played a bit of bad company 2. is till suck, the nextcode still sucks, and im thinking of just beating single player and deleting the game.

about to play some singularity before i go to bed.
How in God's name can you play L4D2 800 hours? It is a good game but gets boring fast.

Edit: More power to you, I guess. You are getting your money's worth for sure.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:44 PM   #142
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
How in God's name can you play L4D2 800 hours? It is a good game but gets boring fast.
that's in addition to the 930 hours he played the original left 4 dead . now you know who you want next to you when the zombie apocalypse hits
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:52 PM   #143
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
that's in addition to the 930 hours he played the original left 4 dead . now you know who you want next to you when the zombie apocalypse hits
L4D was awesome i enjoyed that one a lot. they were too quick to release L4D2. valve should have just made some new maps instead and had it as DLC.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:34 PM   #144
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post

versus mode slaughtering other humans never gets boring when your good.

bad company 2, on the other hand,a game that i really don't do well in , i get bored pretty fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
ive played way more then 930 hours of the first l4d, the stat tracking was introduced in late march or april 2009, and by that time i already had probably 500ish hours at least

someone point me to a l4d rehab center
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:48 PM   #145
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just finished Bioshock 2. it hard.
Taturana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2010, 05:08 PM   #146
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Is that just a Stalker reference (and a goode one) or is that a comment on the broken english... because that sentence is not broken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
This thread has spoilers...anyway I'm playing Blacksite now.It ain't so hot but I have a strange desire to finish it even though I have unopened games like Fallout 3 and GTA 4.....
Which one, Blacksite: Area 51 or that new game? If area 51, then i know what you mean, the game has so many problems and the plot was bad, yet you just want to get to the end, it's so weird actually wanting to play a broken game (one that isn't a hidden gem that is! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taturana View Post
Just finished Bioshock 2. it hard.
I know right, those Big Sisters are so hot...
Old Jul 2, 2010, 05:42 PM   #147
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Is that just a Stalker reference (and a goode one) or is that a comment on the broken english... because that sentence is not broken...
it was a stalker reference, when you walk through the building and the guy says 'get out of here stalker' about 50 times before you walk through.... every god damned time you walk though.

Old Jul 2, 2010, 05:47 PM   #148
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
it was a stalker reference, when you walk through the building and the guy says 'get out of here stalker' about 50 times before you walk through.... every god damned time you walk though.
there's a mod to shut him up
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:53 PM   #149
GanjaStar
Jalouise

beaten half of singularity in two sittings, and played a ton of l4d 2 versus survival muation.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 02:28 AM   #150
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Pumped some more RDR. Nearing the end and they just poured a bucketload of awesome in that one. Next game is Episodes from Liberty City on PC.

Too many games but I keep playing RDR. What an amazing game...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote