Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
X-Reaper
A Work In Progress

X-Reaper is still being judged by the masses

Arrow So can wisdom teeth grow back?

Sigh.. this is what I need now. I got all 4 of mine wisdom teeth pulled about 4 or so months ago. Today, I put my finger where the teeth got pulled and to my surprise, I feel bumps 3 out of the 4 spot area. I thought once they're pulled, that's it. I'm 27 by the way.

X-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:36 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They either left some goodies in there for you, or you have some bone exposed.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:36 PM   #3
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Should I approach this thread seriously or make a witty retort.

What you need to watch out for is when baby teeth grow back!
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:36 PM   #4
Ec]-[oMaN
House Music

Ec]-[oMaN is still being judged by the masses

would be new news to me if they come back??? ggrrr all 4 of mine have grown in but one is really starting to tick me off!!! Gotta get it pulled next week.
Ocz Plat.Rev2 pc3200
XFX 6800GS
WD 250gb/16mb
Enermax Liberty 400w

Last edited by Ec]-[oMaN : Oct 21, 2005 at 11:42 PM.
Ec]-[oMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:41 PM   #5
X-Reaper
A Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec]-[oMaN
would be new news to me if they come back???
I googled it, and this is what I came up with.

Sigh..

http://www.dental--health.com/wisdom13.html

Quote:
Answer:
Kay, no, but you could have what are called paramolars. They are an extra set of wisdom teeth that may have grown in back of the original wisdom teeth and made their way through after the originals were removed. It's not common but I have seen it before.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:43 PM   #6
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Reaper
I googled it, and this is what I came up with.

Sigh..

http://www.dental--health.com/wisdom13.html
I just got mine out a few weeks ago, hell they better not come back!
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:46 PM   #7
X-Reaper
A Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles
I just got mine out a few weeks ago, hell they better not come back!
You probably won't have to worry about that. I'm just unlucky!!

Old Oct 22, 2005, 03:45 AM   #8
Spazite
Kufar and proud!!!

Spazite is still being judged by the masses

Its probably excess bone fragments from the procedure.

Spazite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 03:36 PM   #9
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

As a note, no teeth "grow" back. By the time you are 12 - 14 all the teeth you will ever have, will either have been pulled out or formed already in your jaw. You can not create or make teeth after a certain stage, especially not 27.

Now that article is possible. I have heard of teeth beyond your wisdom ones. Doesn't hurt to have it check out... unless you have no health insurance.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 03:51 PM   #10
euan
Radeon Arctic Islands

euan is still being judged by the masses

I don't understand why wisdom teeth are so bad... What's wrong with them???
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music...." -- - Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation, Inc, 1989
euan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 04:20 PM   #11
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by euan
I don't understand why wisdom teeth are so bad... What's wrong with them???
Then can grow twisted at the end, and cause every other tooth to become twisted.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 04:30 PM   #12
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

some people don't have room in their mouth for them, so they have problems when they come in. Can be very painful.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 07:47 PM   #13
riles9262
Beer hound

riles9262 is still being judged by the masses

much of the time they don't grow in properly even if you have the room. In my case, 3 of them came in fine, and the last one had plenty of room, but it grew straight into my other molars, impacting them...they seem to be luck of the draw. As for the original poster, it probably is bone fragments, or leftovers if they had to be cut out. I would definitely have the dentist do a quick xray just to make sure.

athlon 64 3000+ venice @ 2.5, 1g pc3200 samsung, 80g samsung sata-ii, maxtor 40g, asrock 939 dual, connect3d x1800gto, chaintech av-710, benq 19" lcd 12ms.
riles9262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 09:01 PM   #14
plastic bob
Crimbo

plastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX
As a note, no teeth "grow" back. By the time you are 12 - 14 all the teeth you will ever have, will either have been pulled out or formed already in your jaw.
My girlfriend is getting her wisdom teeth in at 17, my good friend is getting his at 18. I'm 18 and I still don't have mine (may never get them).
plastic bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 07:52 AM   #15
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You misunderstood what I was saying. I was using that age for when your teeth form in your jaw, not when they come up through your gums.

You have wisdom teeth sitting down under your gums in(kinda on top of) your jaw bone just hanging out for now. Mine didn't start bothering me till I was 19. Two of them were causing pressure on some nerves in my mouth that would cause me to get dizziness, loose my balance and impair my thinking at times.

To which my mom wonders why my impaired thinking hasn't been fixed...
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:04 AM   #16
Lemon
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Lemon is still being judged by the masses

Same thing happened to me. Not long after I got mine pulled, I noticed what looked liked another set of wisdom teeth coming back in. They look like halfway grown teeth now, just barley coming out of the gums.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:22 PM   #17
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Mwahaha, all 4 of my wisdom teeth have completely grown in. Dentist said I won't have to get any pulled !

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 04:02 PM   #18
plastic bob
Crimbo

plastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX
You misunderstood what I was saying. I was using that age for when your teeth form in your jaw, not when they come up through your gums.

You have wisdom teeth sitting down under your gums in(kinda on top of) your jaw bone just hanging out for now. Mine didn't start bothering me till I was 19. Two of them were causing pressure on some nerves in my mouth that would cause me to get dizziness, loose my balance and impair my thinking at times.

To which my mom wonders why my impaired thinking hasn't been fixed...
I see, makes so much more sense now
plastic bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:39 PM   #19
Dizoja86
Buried above ground

Dizoja86 is still being judged by the masses

well, as of right now they can't grow back, but they've developed a method of injecting hormones into the gum tissue or something that instructs the gums to create new teeth. The question though, is do you want those bloody things back?
Dizoja86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:06 PM   #20
MeltingCactus
Keeper and Acquirer

MeltingCactus is still being judged by the masses

Apparently, (this is just what I've heard) my grandfather had his wisdom teeth 'return' after they were removed. I guess it was probably really paramolars, but still... a freaky thing to have lurking in one's medical history, no?

Had mine removed over 4 years ago. Still gone... good thing too... didn't have room for the first set, let alone another!
"I realize that, historically, phrases like 'massive redistribution of wealth' are usually accompanied by rivers of blood. That said, it's about time for a massive redistribution of wealth."-from The Onion
"Deconstructing the Twinkie is like trying to deconstruct the universe." - Hostess Foods
MeltingCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 01:38 AM   #21
MikeEx
ಠ_ಠ

MikeEx is still being judged by the masses

im glad mine came in perfect
Old Oct 24, 2005, 01:59 AM   #22
X-Reaper
A Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingCactus
Apparently, (this is just what I've heard) my grandfather had his wisdom teeth 'return' after they were removed. I guess it was probably really paramolars, but still... a freaky thing to have lurking in one's medical history, no?

Had mine removed over 4 years ago. Still gone... good thing too... didn't have room for the first set, let alone another!

Lucky you man. So did your grandfather have them removed again?? Sigh, this is not what I need! But this week, I will find out for sure if these are "paramolars".
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:44 AM   #23
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike
Mwahaha, all 4 of my wisdom teeth have completely grown in. Dentist said I won't have to get any pulled !
You lucky son of a *****. I hate you.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:47 AM   #24
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEx
im glad mine came in perfect
yeap same here. had braces for 2 years. told the dentist to make sure there's room for my wisdom teeth. now my wisdom teeth are fully grown and are perfect!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 02:03 PM   #25
Soulkrusha
Radeon Arctic Islands

Soulkrusha is still being judged by the masses

do it hurt ? if no din f it .
Soulkrusha is offline   Reply With Quote