Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:46 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just r installed cod wwii fun start tbh hope this one in campaign is as dramatic.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 05:24 PM   #62
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Game has potential but I have yet to finish a 64 player match successfully.
Im almost max level
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 08:37 PM   #63
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Whoo boy this game is dreadful, at least on the 32v32 mode which is all I'm really interested in.

Horrible map design, insanely low TTK, zero teamwork, cheap insta-deaths galore, Vaseline graphics...

This just makes me appreciate Battlefield that much more. It doesn't even compare. Feels like a third-rate imitator at best.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:17 AM   #64
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Game feels weighty and also it looks/feels a lot like medal of honor warfighter. By that I mean it's a bit more tactical, chunky, and the color grading definitely seems less like cod than other cod games. Just a bit slower, although there is more too it. Sound I guess is part of it.

Ground War is basically battlefield but it needs a bit of work to make it compete with the best parts of that other series. They could introduce a class system maybe? I guess it's just sort of a fun big spam mode with vehicles and lots of flags. The GW Map (only 1?) reminded me of Zavod but it's a bit cramped. Hopefully they have more than one map in the full game or I doubt it will be more than a flash in the pan.

As for the other maps. The cave one is alright when you're outside the cave. Inside is ****ing dark and not that good. Hackney Yard is okay in general. The big stalker map (Grazna Raid) is only for 10v10? Would like a smaller version of that. It's not bad, lots of little areas.

One thing I don't like in the 10v10+ modes are that there are too many killstreaks being deployed. It was also a mistake to change it to killstreaks and not scorestreaks imo.

The other thing is that the HUD needs to be cleaned up. Having the flag capture bar just above the crosshair is idiotic.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 05:26 PM   #65
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Fairly amusing gameplay but IMO spoilt by distracting graphics/textures on maps and ridiculously low TTK at any distance from enemy, almost no real skill needed however I'm sure it will appeal to the usual people. I'm happy staying with battlefield 1 for the time being.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 02:39 PM   #66
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well I enjoyed it.
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2019, 09:55 PM   #67
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in the firing line over year-long PS4 exclusivity for Spec Ops Survival mode

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's Spec Ops Survival Mode is a timed Playstation 4 exclusive, Activision has revealed.

The mode, teased tonight in the PlayStation version of Modern Warfare's new campaign trailer, is exclusive to PS4 until 1st October 2020. Confirmation comes in the small print of the video at the 2:17 mark.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ivity-revealed

An entire year may as well be never for Xbox and PC because nobody plays these things past the 1-year mark.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2019, 08:39 PM   #68
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't play survival modes anyway.

The beta was good fun. People keep yammering on the subreddit about campers in windows, but they obviously started with MW2. Ironically that was when the series rot really began in earnest. Also, a fix for the broken Depth Of Field (shimmering on sights, models etc) was circulated around the community and rectified the graphics with no need for Blur Mode (aka Temporal AA).

Ground War is a bit silly really. It's to Battlefield what Blackout was to PUBG - a casual version. Fun for a quick blast, as long as you don't expect serious play.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:14 PM   #69
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think this game is going to be incredible fun since it has cross play and I can play with fools on PS4 and XBoner. This also means that I won’t suffer from typical COD can’t find game syndrome on PC less than a month after release.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:59 PM   #70
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I think this game is going to be incredible fun since it has cross play and I can play with fools on PS4 and XBoner. This also means that I won’t suffer from typical COD can’t find game syndrome on PC less than a month after release.
How does that work? Will it match controller with KB+M or do you have to play with a controller to be matched with console players?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:08 AM   #71
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It matches irrespective.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 04:42 AM   #72
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like lootboxes will be playing a big part of the MP experience, good luck. I'm looking forward to the SP campaign as the reveal looked nice.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 08:50 AM   #73
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
I'm looking forward to the SP campaign as the reveal looked nice.
This. On sale now @ GMG.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2019, 02:00 PM   #74
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
How does that work? Will it match controller with KB+M or do you have to play with a controller to be matched with console players?
It matches you up, tells you which system they are playing on and what method of control they are using.
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 08:31 PM   #75
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It apparently uses the squad based matchmaking, so it will build up a profile of skill levels. Hopefully it weighs it smartly. I personally don't think you can properly balance controller vs mouse with respect to pure skill. But you can get pretty close and the benefit for pc gamers is that cod mw will be playable for years, unlike some of the others that lasted months or (in the case of IW) weeks.

I am still worried that hacking will get out of control on pc and they'll segregate the playerbase, and/or console gamers will complain that PC gamers are too good and the same will happen. With any luck they have a good cheat / skill detection system and hackers will only be fighting hackers anyway. But COD IW had the same hackers for weeks (reported multiple times) and they did nothing. Same studio, same outcome?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 02:43 PM   #76
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Any Ragers preordering this?

yoz
Old Sep 27, 2019, 07:50 PM   #77
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Any Ragers preordering this?
I'm getting this from buying rtx anyway I'm not seeing this on steam, do they now have their own store/launcher? If so I'd sell my keys
Old Sep 27, 2019, 08:03 PM   #78
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I'm getting this from buying rtx anyway I'm not seeing this on steam, do they now have their own store/launcher? If so I'd sell my keys
Moved to Battle.net as of Blops4 last year.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 09:50 PM   #79
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Please sell to me if you are not going to be using MW.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:11 PM   #80
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Or me!

yoz
Old Sep 28, 2019, 02:57 AM   #81
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Bit pricey, but it's almost okay value on green man gaming.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 03:04 AM   #82
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Or me!
I haven't even received the code yet, and I don't know how to proceed if there's more than one of you that want it...
Old Sep 28, 2019, 04:17 AM   #83
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I haven't even received the code yet, and I don't know how to proceed if there's more than one of you that want it...

KAC or acroig:

Old Sep 28, 2019, 04:51 AM   #84
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
First person to call dibs gets it.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 05:58 AM   #85
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Me:

Old Sep 28, 2019, 08:55 AM   #86
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
KAC or acroig:

yoz
Old Sep 28, 2019, 02:43 PM   #87
Cream
Radeon R600

I'll be buying it, Doubt I'll pre-order though.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 04:53 PM   #88
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
I'll be buying it, Doubt I'll pre-order though.
It's not like COD titles go on sale, preorder is only way I know to get a deal.

yoz
Old Sep 29, 2019, 09:33 PM   #89
KAC
That postcount though...

Lately COD titles have been on sale. I am wondering if I want to risk the PC version though as the thought of them taking out cross play sucks and that can kill the PC version entirely.
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #90
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote