Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 5, 2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Code Vein from Bandai Namco - Anime Dark Souls.

I thought we had a thread for this, but couldn't find it...

I've watched some gameplay, and I think it looks good. On my list.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 04:26 PM   #2
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Could be a thing. I wonder what co-op it will have.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2018, 02:15 AM   #3
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

that actually looks good, might be something to keep an eye on.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 6, 2018, 07:31 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/co...e-trailer-news

Quote:
Code Vein's third trailer finally gives us a little better look at the game's world and the characters who call it home. What it really does, though, is double-down on the game's anime style. Vampires battling each other with blood-based superpowers while rock music blares in the background? Yeah, we're kind of ready to play this one.
Quote:
According to an interview in the Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated here by Gematsu), Code Vein is being developed by the same team behind the cult classic God Eater series. Despite the game's pedigree, producer Keita Iizuka claims that Code Vein is not related to the God Eater series in any direct fashion.

Instead, Code Vein is described as a "dramatic exploration action RPG." What that means is that it's a dungeon crawler action RPG that will emphasize the exploration of connected environments.

If that sounds like Dark Souls to you, then you'll be happy to know you're not being paranoid. The game's trailer even playfully uses "Prepare to Dine" as a tagline and seemingly respectful nod to that legendary franchise.
yeah
Old Sep 19, 2019, 01:14 PM   #5
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If your after a anime SoulsBorne -This has shaped up really well, check out the latest twitch streams.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 05:21 PM   #6
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

I don't know about PC, but there's a trial version on Playstation to give ya a taste if you have the console.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 06:54 AM   #7
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
I don't know about PC, but there's a trial version on Playstation to give ya a taste if you have the console.
Tried it for 10hrs or so, beaten the advanced boss a good few times, it's very more'ish.

there is enormous scope for various builds, the easy mode is with AI partner (which works well), without it's whole new game.

Figure this should keep a good few souls fans happy until fromsoftware finally get around to remastering Demon's Souls
Old Sep 28, 2019, 06:32 AM   #8
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

Personal opinion of the game;
I've sunk 13 hours in so far (and 10 on the demo).

It's very good,
solid stable performance on AMD 8350 + 1070 running at 1440p
Fast gameplay, much easier than souls (unless you drop the AI partner and solo it)
The standard Souls combat (light, heavy, parry, backstab, block), but has huge variety, due to the addition of an extra focus attacks varying per weapon, which can be tagged into combos, also includes differing veil attacks (ala the tanks have ranged remote controlled pit of spikes veil attack).
Parrying is solid and comes in 3 flavours
With a massive emphasis of customisation of skills and types, already looking forward to NG+

Story wise it's not bad so far, dealing with shades of grey morality in an overall bleak situation.

Technically a couple of patches would help, the backstab hit box is a bloody mystery, and standard attacks very infrequently pass through an enemy and are not acknowledged (and as this is the GE devs it will very likely be supported for some time yet, judging by GE3's version history).

EDIT: 41hrs in and this may actually be my game of the year, even over RE2 remaster!

Last edited by delirium121 : Oct 9, 2019 at 01:43 PM.