Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 09:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Deliver us the Moon

Anyone heard of this? RTX enabled.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Sep 13, 2019 at 03:51 PM.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 01:43 AM   #2
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's technically a re-release with upgraded graphics and the full game, rather than the original version, which had no RTX and the ending as DLC that was promised the day after release. Reading between the lines I think funding was an issue.

Despite that I really enjoyed it, it's got decent acting, the story is intriguing and while it's not the most game play heavy game out there, it has enough to make it more than a walking simulator.

It took me three hours to complete the non-ending version, without getting all the secrets. No idea how much extra content the end section will add, but the way the story had progressed it felt like you were more than halfway through.
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:35 AM   #3
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

If the price is right I will give it a go. Kind of reminds me of A Drift or something I just played a couple months back.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 13, 2019, 03:51 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
If the price is right I will give it a go. Kind of reminds me of A Drift or something I just played a couple months back.
Seconded.

yoz
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:42 PM   #5
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 04:48 PM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

On sale @ GMG for $18. Bought.

yoz
Old Oct 10, 2019, 03:24 AM   #7
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game is out, but is RTX off until 'later in October'.

Edit Looks like it was patched early for those of us that already own it, a few more hours for new buyer release. The end part added another couple of hours play time, so it took me 5 hours to finish the story. Still missing a few achievements/logs.

Puzzles are still logical so easy to solve, but I did die a lot more in the action sequences twice in the first part of the game, probably around 10-15 times in the second part.

Last edited by Lithurge : Oct 10, 2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 08:21 AM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithurge View Post
Game is out, but is RTX off until 'later in October'.
No key from GMG yet.

EDIT: Just got it.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Oct 10, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 02:23 AM   #9
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I was interested but noticed steam has it categorized as "short". Wonder how short it really is?

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2019, 05:07 AM   #10
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Same price direct on Steam 10% off £17.99 = £6 per hour of gameplay by the sounds of it ?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 01:19 PM   #11
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I was interested but noticed steam has it categorized as "short". Wonder how short it really is?
A lot of the reviews on Steam are saying under 3 hours even when taking it slow. I was thinking of buying it until I realized just how short it was purported to be.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2019, 01:45 PM   #12
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
A lot of the reviews on Steam are saying under 3 hours even when taking it slow. I was thinking of buying it until I realized just how short it was purported to be.
How many of those are from the original release (pre Oct 10th) which didn't have the end content included?

As I said previously it took me 5 hours to complete the story in total, once the new content was added. I didn't take it slowly or struggle too much with the puzzles/action sequences.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 04:12 PM   #13
acroig
Master Troll

Just got to the title screen, looks very nice even without RTX.

EDIT: Very much enjoying this, like Adr1ft but better.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Oct 11, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 04:32 PM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

Loved it, great 5 hours. Will replay when RTX effects are released.

yoz
Old Oct 14, 2019, 06:53 PM   #15
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Currently playing and so far the game is pretty good. Problem solving puzzle game in space. The visuals are pretty good to and you get the feel you are weightless.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:21 PM   #16
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seems alright so far. Reminds me of ADR1FT with getting oxygen and other elements. Only just got to the moon.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2019, 07:48 AM   #17
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Seems alright so far. Reminds me of ADR1FT with getting oxygen and other elements.
Indeed.

yoz
Old Oct 15, 2019, 04:27 PM   #18
UFO
Who's your buddy?

I have some problems with this game preventing me from finishing it. Sometimes the frame rate drops so that it is unplayable. Indoor performance is usually good but scenes with indoor with a lot of background scenery makes the frame rate drop below 1 fps. Adjusting the resolution and graphics settings has very little impact.

This seems to be some kind of bug to me and I hope they fix it soon.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 06:15 PM   #19
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I have some problems with this game preventing me from finishing it. Sometimes the frame rate drops so that it is unplayable. Indoor performance is usually good but scenes with indoor with a lot of background scenery makes the frame rate drop below 1 fps. Adjusting the resolution and graphics settings has very little impact.

This seems to be some kind of bug to me and I hope they fix it soon.
Some people have reported this on the forums, dev's say they're looking into it. I did not experience that.

yoz
Old Oct 15, 2019, 06:39 PM   #20
UFO
Who's your buddy?

Maybe it's a graphics card model problem.

I was thinking transmitting energy emitting something in a straight line from the moon to the earth seems be a serious logical gap to me. Especially when the transmitter and receiver are stationary on the moon and earth respectively. The moon is rotating around its own axis, then it's rotating around the earth and then the earth rotates itself. It practice that transmitter would send energy around like a drunken Russian with an AK47.

None the less, the game is quite good despite of that. The space part when you are out in the space in the trying to get into the station again after some rupture is a good part. Brings me back to the movie Gravity (2013), that you can make a good immersive action game similar to that movie. Any other game that is closer to Gravity than this game?

EDIT: The moon does spin around is own axis but locked and matches the orbital interval exactly, this doesn't seem to change over time. In practice this means that a structure that is aimed towards earth will remain aimed towards the earth regardless of its orbital position. Ok that problem solved so there must be several receiving stations on earth. Ok, next problem, what is the dispersion of a microwave beam when it reaches the earth. Will it be several meters or several hundreds of meters?

Last edited by UFO : Oct 17, 2019 at 01:27 PM.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2019, 08:09 PM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

I was thinking transmitting energy emitting something in a straight line from the moon to the earth seems be a serious logical gap to me. Especially when the transmitter and receiver are stationary on the moon and earth respectively. The moon is rotating around its own axis, then it's rotating around the earth and then the earth rotates itself. It practice that transmitter would send energy around like a drunken Russian with an AK47.

None the less, the game is quite good despite of that. The space part when you are out in the space in the trying to get into the station again after some rupture is a good part. Brings me back to the movie Gravity (2013), that you can make a good immersive action game similar to that movie. Any other game that is closer to Gravity than this game?
Adr1ft.

yoz
Old Oct 16, 2019, 01:48 AM   #22
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Quote:

It is explained in game on one of the consoles you can examine. There are several receiving stations on Earth that pick up the transmission as it orbits the planet. It does mean you would need to continually switch the transmission off and on, so I'm not entirely sure it's a good explanation.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 07:59 AM   #23
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
It is explained in game on one of the consoles you can examine. There are several receiving stations on Earth that pick up the transmission as it orbits the planet. It does mean you would need to continually switch the transmission off and on, so I'm not entirely sure it's a good explanation.
Good enough for gaming purposes I'd say.

yoz
Old Oct 17, 2019, 03:56 PM   #24
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ended up being alright. Story was okay, although premise a bit flimsy and they don't answer everything with clarity. Puzzles were good and had enough variety. ASE robot could have been a bit more interesting, although it played its roll in places. I wish it wasn't quite as linear.

Some horrible performance issues though, mostly towards the end. I'm talking 13 fps on lowest settings. It looks okay but not for those kind of framerates.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2019, 08:09 PM   #25
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Ended up being alright. Story was okay, although premise a bit flimsy and they don't answer everything with clarity. Puzzles were good and had enough variety. ASE robot could have been a bit more interesting, although it played its roll in places. I wish it wasn't quite as linear.

Some horrible performance issues though, mostly towards the end. I'm talking 13 fps on lowest settings. It looks okay but not for those kind of framerates.
No FPS issues here, very fluid from start to finish.

yoz
Old Oct 17, 2019, 08:17 PM   #26
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
With a 2080ti? Funny.dat :|
Old Oct 18, 2019, 01:57 AM   #27
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Quote:
I would say it was fluid for me as well, but there is an issue with that very last section as it dropped from the steady 120fps I'd had through the rest of the game to mid 70's at certain points and never got above the mid 90's.

Edit, they've patched it. My saved game is right at the end when it was in the 90's so I can't say how well it works earlier, but in that part it now runs at 120fps.

Last edited by Lithurge : Oct 18, 2019 at 03:34 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 08:35 AM   #28
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
With a 2080ti? Funny.dat :|

yoz
Old Oct 18, 2019, 08:36 AM   #29
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I would say it was fluid for me as well, but there is an issue with that very last section as it dropped from the steady 120fps I'd had through the rest of the game to mid 70's at certain points and never got above the mid 90's.

Edit, they've patched it. My saved game is right at the end when it was in the 90's so I can't say how well it works earlier, but in that part it now runs at 120fps.
Waiting for RTX patch to replay. Fun little game with great visuals.

yoz
Old Oct 18, 2019, 09:07 AM   #30
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Quote:
Waiting for RTX patch to replay. Fun little game with great visuals.
Same here, I just hope they're a little bit quicker about delivering it than they were with the ending DLC