Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 5, 2019, 01:53 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Cool

Playing it on RadeonVII @1440p all Ultra settings, 1440p both render settings, and it runs very smoothly. Would be fun to see what the rtx hype is about, but it looks good and plays well, shrug! Enjoying the gameplay and story beats.
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 03:35 PM   #122
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Completed this yesterday. Great game overall, though it did have some annoying design issues which needed some fine tuning to be more palatable for replayability or incentive to purchase the upcoming DLCs. Coming down to the end of the game I used a god mode cheat to get through the last couple hours. Just wanted it to end and wasn't feeling it anymore, mostly because the combat felt annoying and bothersome at that point.

Highs
-Great visuals with destructible environments, even in DX11 without RTX. One of the best looking games out there
-Atmosphere hits the nail on the head, if you've played and enjoyed Remedy games before you'll be right at home
-Level design in a constantly mutating building was top notch, including the kind of of inter-connectivity and hidden areas you might see in a Souls title.
-The Ashtray Maze, will probably become the most memorable part of the game
-The general story is fairly interesting and the plot and subplots unfold appropriately based around your exploration of areas/items/documents
-Enjoyed some of the puzzles, they weren't difficult but still felt great to figure out

Lows
-Combat, part (1) The general combat is fun at first, but feels tedious late game as even with fully upgraded weapons/mods/trees you don't feel like you've been upgraded as much as the enemies
-Combat, part (2) Weapons share ammo cooldowns, adding to the clunkiness just to incentivize skill usage
-Combat, part (3) There is no 'assault rifle' archetype. You have your pistol, sniper, shotgun, grenade launcher and close range smg but no assault rifle. Annoying since most fights are medium to long range where an AR would be perfect. Any other game developer on the planet would have put an AR in the game, nah these devs said fark that.
-Combat, part (4) Outside enemy drops, you have no way of healing, no oh-shiat button. Fights against bosses where theres no adds, you need to be "perfect" in your gameplay or it's back to the bonfire aka control point.
-Combat, part (5) Launch, your bread and butter ability, misses often due to the item(s) you're throwing colliding with random world obstacles before reaching your target. In some end game fights this was SO annoying.

Ok this post is getting too long. Game was worth buying/playing, esp if you're in a region where Epic sells it for 25 bucks.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]

Last edited by Drexion : Sep 5, 2019 at 07:19 PM.
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:25 PM   #123
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Game is amazing. I guess the best looking I've ever played. Everything maxed getting a steady 40-50 fps with a 4k 120hz ultrawide gsync. The amount of detail is just incredible. It is the first time I've seen some very noticeable stutters with this build but not terrible. Really, really amazing looking game. Patch is coming out for PC soon so maybe that will help stutters.

Oh, and the plot is pretty neat, very X-Files/Stranger Things and creepy.

Going to install it on my sons 4770k 144hz 1080p 1070 and see how it compares.
theduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:17 AM   #124
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The Polaris mission satellite battles are pissing me off.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 01:58 PM   #125
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Finished the game. 9/10. Someone was too high on shrooms but the gunplay was tight and Jesse was a great character. Glad I played this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 02:30 PM   #126
theduce
Il Duce

Going to install it on my sons 4770k 144hz 1080p 1070 and see how it compares.[/quote]

Ran perfectly, better than my currant build in system specs, averaged 120fps dx12 without RTX.

That being said, did not look 1/2 as good.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 02:31 PM   #127
theduce
Il Duce

Going to install it on my sons 4770k 144hz 1080p 1070 and see how it compares.[/quote]

Ran perfectly, better than my currant build in system specs, averaged 120fps dx12 without RTX.

That being said, was not as pretty at all.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 02:41 PM   #128
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post

That being said, did not look 1/2 as good.[/quote]

Quote:

That being said, was not as pretty at all.[/quote]

That's one way to increase your post count....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2019, 02:55 PM   #129
theduce
Il Duce

Wink

That's one way to increase your post count.... [/quote]

Yes, I've been very worried about my "post count"...maybe one day I'll get to 300 after 20 years. I can only hope!! Please help me more
Old Sep 24, 2019, 03:02 PM   #130
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
That's one way to increase your post count....
Yes, I've been very worried about my "post count"...maybe one day I'll get to 300 after 20 years. I can only hope!! Please help me more[/quote]

yoz
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:18 PM   #131
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Excluding the $10 million windfall from EPIC, I wonder how this game sold across all platforms? Remedy has not traditionally had a lot of success with selling their games.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 02:37 PM   #132
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I got this on the cheap and played through the first 7 or 8 missions. Interesting premise but very repetitive. I keep waiting for the story to open up and get more engrossing. Anyone finish this yet? Is it worth the effort?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 03:44 PM   #133
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I got this on the cheap and played through the first 7 or 8 missions. Interesting premise but very repetitive. I keep waiting for the story to open up and get more engrossing. Anyone finish this yet? Is it worth the effort?
KAC liked it.

yoz
Old Oct 6, 2019, 08:54 PM   #134
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Story is pretty good? Did you like Alan Wake. On repetitive nature of the game, it was good enough and ended when it should have.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 09:20 PM   #135
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I thought it was great from early on, although it gets more fun when you get Levitate. Story is Alan Wake type weirdness. I have doubts that you'd enjoy it much more if you find it repetitive, although there are a few powers / guns and some stranger locations that might help.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 09:31 PM   #136
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes once you levitate that bitch gets control!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 07:30 AM   #137
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I gave it a couple more hours and got some additional gun forms and learned to levitate. I agree, it's pretty fun. Looks great too, even without RTX. I agree with Drexion's review above.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 02:37 PM   #138
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

I feel this is the worst game from Remedy I have played, an under achievement. Past Remedy games like Max Payne, Alan Wake and Quantum break have been excellent, great story and good game play that you want to replay.

Here the story is really plain and uninteresting. Also the acting is lacking here with very boring dialogue. The facial animations are worse than we had 10 years ago, much worse than Quantum Break which have unmatched motion capped facial animation. I haven't seen anything near Quantum break since then. Even if they don't use motion cap and use some procedural technique, the facial animations are worse than most games that use the same technique. Really Mass Effect Andromeda level here.

Also past games often had plenty of comical escape valves. Stupid dialogues from mercenaries, Barry Wheeler in Alan Wake, the Gods Of Asgard scene battle in Alan Wake. This kind of stuff releases the player fatigue.

The combat is boring as the enemies are boring. You only have one gun and then some kinetics but doesn't really give anything new. When press crouch and then fire from cover, the player character doesn't go back to crouch after firing and is left standing which I think is a bad choice.

I have problems to motivate myself to continue with this game which is odd with a Remedy game.

This game feels like Deus Ex 2.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:36 AM   #139
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I have noticed goty contention popping up on gaming sites now.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2019, 03:21 PM   #140
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't care if Max Payne is the ex-director, the main character and story I couldn't give two shits about. I got this free with my 2080Ti and while it looks nice with RTX and all on highest, that doesn't fix Boring. I read above that levitation makes things interesting, but I can't be arsed even though I'm probably about 1/2 way through.

The Hiss are becoming bullet sponges more and more, and there are no interesting set piece fights. Just a bunch of respawning identikit enemies a'la CoD campaigns.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 05:56 PM   #141
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I guess this is a love it or hate it game. The game was very strange and unique, but I liked it. I think all the "RTX" stuff overshadowed the game to some degree.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2019, 09:41 PM   #142
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I shelved this for now. Got bored and really didn't care about the main character or her brother. I'll probably come back to it later when I have more time.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 02:40 AM   #143
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Probably doesn't' have rtx lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 08:47 AM   #144
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
I shelved this for now. Got bored and really didn't care about the main character or her brother. I'll probably come back to it later when I have more time.
That’s because you are heartless. Or because you didn’t have enough crack.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 09:24 AM   #145
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Or because I have ADD and a terrible track record for finishing games.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 09:28 AM   #146
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is this a must have for RTX owners? Finished Atlantis DLC for AC last night and just have lost tales left to do. Wondering if I should get this next or hold off for RDR2 and get this on a sale.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 09:33 AM   #147
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Is this a must have for RTX owners? Finished Atlantis DLC for AC last night and just have lost tales left to do. Wondering if I should get this next or hold off for RDR2 and get this on a sale.
It's a great showcase for what RTX can do, but read the reviews in this thread before you buy.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:38 AM   #148
theduce
Il Duce

Quote:
It's a great showcase for what RTX can do, but read the reviews in this thread before you buy.
I loved it. That being said, when I installed on my sons 1070 build it lost some of it's appeal. Ray tracing is pretty neat. Some on the battles where you basically destroy the room through the use of your powers are extremely well done and very satisfying.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:48 AM   #149
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Quote:
Or because I have ADD and a terrible track record for finishing games.
Just take your methylphenidate… That's basically crack for us anyhow. lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:20 PM   #150
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

One reason I just want to bail out from the game is the constant respawning in areas I have already cleared out. This slows down my game progress and is also down right boring because it's just the same all over again. This almost make me forget what mission I was supposed to do.

The game feels like Remedy sacked its entire staff and replaced them with completely new people will far less experience. It's really the Mass Effect Andromeda Effect.