Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 3, 2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Uplay+ started today, Sept is free for everyone, but...

but you have to sign up a recurring subscription with them and currently the cancel subscription is not working at all. So if you sign up with them, there is currently no way to cancel your subscription and prevent from getting charged in October. We can assume they'll have it fixed before the end of the month, but wanted to let everyone know what is currently happening right now.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 02:11 PM   #2
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

a free 27 days to beta test their sh*t

no thanks
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 02:38 PM   #3
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

And Epic breathe a sigh of relief; "At last, somebody else has made a mess of it!"

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 3, 2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
And Epic breathe a sigh of relief; "At last, somebody else has made a mess of it!"
Lol.

Honestly I think this is probably too-little-too-late? With Microsoft in the game with Game Pass and rumours they will hit heavy with exclusives or at least be developing more games in-house (with some pretty good dev purchases lately), and a potential new console on the way, it's likely the best plan. Seems to have lots of good 3rd party stuff and their own titles. Both EA and Ubi likely won't be able to compete realistically? MS has way more money to throw.

I could be wrong, but I bet on the Game Pass horse so hoping I made the right choice lol. I won't be buying multiple services in the near future at least.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 05:14 PM   #5
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Lol.

Honestly I think this is probably too-little-too-late? With Microsoft in the game with Game Pass and rumours they will hit heavy with exclusives or at least be developing more games in-house (with some pretty good dev purchases lately), and a potential new console on the way, it's likely the best plan. Seems to have lots of good 3rd party stuff and their own titles. Both EA and Ubi likely won't be able to compete realistically? MS has way more money to throw.

I could be wrong, but I bet on the Game Pass horse so hoping I made the right choice lol. I won't be buying multiple services in the near future at least.
most likely won't even renew Game Pass when my 5 free months are up
Old Sep 3, 2019, 09:25 PM   #6
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I would sign if GRBP would be on it for this month.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:38 PM   #7
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nothing I really want to play on uplay, so wasn't planning to get it for a while.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:55 PM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I tried Uplay when it first came out. Sorry Ubisoft, there's nothing you can ever do to redeem yourself from that... Well, maybe if you changed your name to "Boobisoft"...

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:10 PM   #9
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've always liked Uplay's foundation of earning currency to unlock in-game items by playing other games/achieving things. They expanded on it by giving discounts on purchases for the same thing.

Unfortunately, their games are **** so it's hard to boast about what I like about Uplay.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 08:37 AM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I've always liked Uplay's foundation of earning currency to unlock in-game items by playing other games/achieving things. They expanded on it by giving discounts on purchases for the same thing.

Unfortunately, their games are **** so it's hard to boast about what I like about Uplay.
Their games are ****? ACriginis and Odyssey, Ghost Recon, Division......

These are ****?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 09:40 AM   #11
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

These are ****?
Most of ubi in the last generation of games have been **** yes. Division was not only a shell of what was shown off originally, but it was god awful at launch and took over a year to fix. Ghost Recon Wild Lands IS a bland generic game, it's only saving grave is the combat is decent and the co-op is fun. Fun does not equate to quality. It's a **** game.

As for ac, their 2 newest games are pretty goode yeah, but the line for ac is definitely pretty ****. Again with a saving grace. This time an ok story for the most part, but mostly just well acted and interesting. They are still **** games. For the most part.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:21 AM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Most of ubi in the last generation of games have been **** yes. Division was not only a shell of what was shown off originally, but it was god awful at launch and took over a year to fix. Ghost Recon Wild Lands IS a bland generic game, it's only saving grave is the combat is decent and the co-op is fun. Fun does not equate to quality. It's a **** game.

As for ac, their 2 newest games are pretty goode yeah, but the line for ac is definitely pretty ****. Again with a saving grace. This time an ok story for the most part, but mostly just well acted and interesting. They are still **** games. For the most part.
OK but let's be clear, that's your opinion and it's not shared by a majority of gamers.

yoz
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:00 AM   #13
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

the ever nebulous "Quality" does not always equal fun and I will take fun over that any day. (way wast time playing games that are not fun?)
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:36 PM   #14
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post

X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed was awesome.
Assassin's Creed 2 was awesome.
Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood was awesome.
Assassin's Creed Revelations was okay.
Assassin's Creed 3 was ****.
Assassin's Creed Black Flag was awesome.

XO/PS4
Assassin's Creed Unity, let's call it ****.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate, let's call it forgettable.
Assassin's Creed Origins was awesome.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is awesome.

I don't think anyone wants to count all the spin-offs. When it comes to the main games, the AC series has had two slumps (Revelations/AC3 and Unity/Syndicate), but both times Ubisoft has come out swinging afterwards.

I suppose you don't have to like this type of game, but I think AC has been pretty much a beacon of the open world action game genre for over a decade now.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:40 PM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
I suppose you don't have to like this type of game, but I think AC has been pretty much a beacon of the open world action game genre for over a decade now.
Indeed.

yoz
Old Sep 5, 2019, 04:37 PM   #16
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed was awesome.
Assassin's Creed 2 was awesome.
Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood was awesome.
Assassin's Creed Revelations was okay.
Assassin's Creed 3 was ****.

XO/PS4
Assassin's Creed Unity, let's call it ****.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate, let's call it forgettable.
Assassin's Creed Origins was awesome.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is awesome.

I don't think anyone wants to count all the spin-offs. When it comes to the main games, the AC series has had two slumps (Revelations/AC3 and Unity/Syndicate), but both times Ubisoft has come out swinging afterwards.

Quote:
Indeed.
it has always had the best glitches

…………

and division 2 was fine

but I think I will stay with buying the games I want and not go for this
Old Sep 5, 2019, 09:36 PM   #17
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

These are ****?
I can't play 'em all, man.

Origins and Odyssey I have (got them for free), but didn't install. I did install and play Black Flag but don't enjoy it. I still have it installed and want to give it a fair chance, but it's not hooking me at all. I have maybe six hours in it. Revelations was the last one that I legit tried to play and gave up after 26 hours. The original Assassin's Creed I enjoyed despite its repetitiveness, but I bought that on Steam before Uplay was a thing.

Ghost Recon I never entertained because I don't enjoy tactical FPS games.

I have 26 hours invested in The Division 2 and the last 18 or so have been more work than play. It hits a lot of good marks (graphics, story, top-notch production, plus I live near DC) and I feel like I should enjoy it but I really don't. I hate the crafting system, I hate the leveling system, I hate sorting through loot, etc. Any time I'm in the mood to play it, I have to wait for more than an hour for it to download a new 20+ GB patch. Then there's the $80 worth of additional "game" I can buy on top of what I already have.

The Crew and Watch_Dogs were not good. I liked the ambition of Watch_Dogs but couldn't get into the gameplay. The Crew was awful in every way possible, and is the prime example of the cesspool that DLC/microtransaction ideas can create.

Then there's Trackmania Turbo - an abomination of a series that I loved for a very long time. This probably taints my opinion of Uplay more than anything else.

All this said, there are a couple of good games I've played on Uplay, and they're Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Driver: San Francisco. Those were fun.

To keep it on topic: Uplay+ is clearly not for me. I have enough monthly payments as it is. I feel like games (including the Division 2) are designed to keep players playing/grinding and systems that embrace monthly payments will absolutely encourage the creation of this type of gameplay.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 09:41 PM   #18
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not getting Uplay sub at all.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:08 PM   #19
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I got the free sub so I could try the beta for the new Ghost Recon. Then I'll try to play through Far Cry New Yawn and unsub. Already own R6 Siege and Odyssey, why bother continuing?