Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:04 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I really hope that they've found a good solution to the jet problem, it would suck if "jets are the counter to jets" is still true in bf4.
I think the list of sh*t to fix for them from BF3 is very long, and jets are right at the top. Not to mention all the balancing issues that come up with new maps...

I do have to say that jets (and other air vehicles) seem somewhat "nerfed" in the newest DLC. Probably because the area is so small compared to, say, gulf of oman. I find myself playing infantry just because I can't make a difference in the jet on the newest maps. Sure I can get the usual dorito-shooting kills, but not nearly the same amount as in the earlier maps.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:38 AM   #182
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I didn't think the jets were as powerful at the launch of BF3, they just slowly progressed into the super predator and dorito hunters they are now.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:08 AM   #183
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

They could solve the jets problem so easily. Have they forgotten everything that went into BF2? Either force jets to go back to base to reload, or remove the idiotic vehicle health regen, both gameplay mechanics would improve the game, and "nerf" jets in both realistic and elegant ways.

I have no real faith in DICE any more. BF3 was just trying to be a COD clone, and the maps (even the biggest ones) were too small. Bring back Daqing Oilfields, or Furshee Pass sized maps and then I might look at this franchise again. I won't be buying BF4.

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Mar 27, 2013 at 06:10 AM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:23 AM   #184
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

From reddit on the 17 minute clip:

A list of changes I see:
real-time reflections
more aggressive light / volumetric 'cloud' mixing
slightly improved animation system (full body)* improved rail system (for cinematic scripting)
functional speedometer (already seen in EG)
better distance rendering*improved sound system (better directional rendering)
improved suppression effect (not sure how MP looks of course).
better lighting (higher resolution renders I would suppose, no real difference in projection)
softer 'bounce light', less of it as well.
improved LOD priority on textures (mostly art direction I am sure, but still there)
a few new ambient sound filters.
on the fly vaulting is either less sticky or not there at all.
edit:
new lens effects for the camera
new blur method
new ambient occlusion method implemented
better transparents z-sorting
NOT improved:
number of shadow casters per object is still 2.
only 1 shadow caster per object is high resolution, all others are basically BF2 quality.
tessellation not implemented for all surfaces where implementation would be beneficial.
Note: vehicles and some effects are not rendering correctly in the reflections (see reflection of huey in at LZ - only soldiers can be seen in the reflection. This shows it is real time, but optimized by eliminating as many render steps from the reflection as possible).
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:30 AM   #185
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Note: vehicles and some effects are not rendering correctly in the reflections (see reflection of huey in at LZ - only soldiers can be seen in the reflection. This shows it is real time, but optimized by eliminating as many render steps from the reflection as possible).
I saw that, but wouldn't it make sense to hide both of those soldiers and render the chopper than the other way around? Could be a bug maybe?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:16 AM   #186
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

looks no different to BF3 to me

could easily have been an expansion, still hate the muddiness to the colours
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:24 AM   #187
flopper
Radeon R700

flopper is still being judged by the masses

Looks good but unless they fix hitbox and add some skill then the game will be epic fail like Bf3.

at least girls can join the war now.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:38 AM   #188
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Looks exactly like BF3.

EXACTLY.

EA at it again :|
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:38 AM   #189
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

No
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:43 AM   #190
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
No
Yes
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:49 AM   #191
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

no
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:51 AM   #192
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

NEW BF4 !

Whats new ?

-BF3 with nem name and full price
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:36 AM   #193
Mangler
PC

Angry

Quote:
Female soldiers will not be playable in Battlefield 4’s single or multiplayer modes, DICE has confirmed, despite rumours to the contrary.

"I can already now say that you won't be able to play [as a] female in multiplayer," creative director Lars Gustavsson told VideoGamer.com during Battlefield 4's reveal event last night.
Quote:
So why hasn’t DICE opted to include playable female soldiers in Battlefield 4?

"Trust me, there are a million things I would like to do," continues Gustavsson, "it's just that you can’t pick them all.

"I have the deepest respect for the men and the women who choose to do military service. It's not that anyone is better or worse. It's definitely a valid question that we asked ourselves."

Rumours surrounding playable female soldiers first appeared last year in information rumoured to have leaked on a Chinese forum. Other information leaked by the source, including information on the game's three factions, appeared to be accurate.
Time to boycott DICE!!

Seriously though, why not say that there would have been balancing issues with the smaller model size/hitbox or something like that, would have been a better answer than the one they provided.

Last edited by Mangler : Mar 27, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:22 AM   #194
beowulf001
Radeon R520

beowulf001 once held a door open for a complete strangerbeowulf001 once held a door open for a complete strangerbeowulf001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I thought it looked incredible, amazing faces, clear water improvements, lot more detail in the environments. Also seem to be a bit more interested in leaving the world open to players. That sequence with the chopper was amazing, and then sliding through the buildings? Maybe I'm easily pleased but damn I enjoyed that.
I agree, overall the game looks amazing. Even though it looks pretty much like BF3, there are some new effects that make the overall presentation look better in many ways. I hope that they can improve the singleplayer portion of the game. I will confess that I did enjoy the BF3 SP alot more than I should have. I just want DICE to elevate the story beyond being a COD clone.

The last COD game that I enjoyed, as far as story is concerned was COD MW2. MW3 was sort of a let down. And the BOPs series is not really all that compelling. For me, it was due in part to the execution of the narrative. I noticed in BOPs II, that they tried to emulate the graphical powerhouse that is BF3, but it felt like a poor mans version of it. The "I just cheated death" scenarios are growing tired too.

However, the building collapse in the BF4 trailer was AMAZING! Color me impressed.
beowulf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:31 AM   #195
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Don't these developers read or listen to anything real people say? I don't know one person who actually played the BF3 single player campaign yet they still waste millions of dollars developing another campaign for BF4. DICE execs must be surrounded by yes-men telling them that their games story is simply amazing.

If they aren't living under a rock, then the only other answer is sheer stupidity, or penis envy to CoD.
I played the SP campaign, but yea i bought it mostly for MP. EA has tons of market research & stats, im sure they know what they're doing. I was surprised when Epic emphasized that most people never even touch the MP in Unreal Tournament according to their stats, who the HELL buys an Unreal game for the SP?!? But sure enough their stats said that was the case.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:34 AM   #196
Mangler
PC

I can understand why some people would only play against bots in ut, they probably got destroyed online.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:13 AM   #197
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
I played the SP campaign, but yea i bought it mostly for MP. EA has tons of market research & stats, im sure they know what they're doing. I was surprised when Epic emphasized that most people never even touch the MP in Unreal Tournament according to their stats, who the HELL buys an Unreal game for the SP?!? But sure enough their stats said that was the case.
I tried to get through the SP campaign but after the sequence with the fighter jets I just stopped... sure it all looks good visually, but it just wasn't fun.

The odd thing is that I didn't mind the SP campaign in Bad Company 2. The characters were likeable, and while the story wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. I wanted to see whether the company made it through their struggle, and I cared about the well being of each of them. I think because there was a little tongue in cheek and some light humour made it fun and less serious than Call of Duty. Now they are going full-on-serious and it's failing IMHO.

That said, you're right in that they probably know what they are doing and with the money they must be making from the title, spending time on a SP campaign that isn't necessary, won't really take away from the final product. If DICE were smaller and the SP campaign time would eat into MP development, it would be a bigger issue. Still, BF1942 was unprecedented for not including a SP campaign at a time when a MP-only game was pretty rare. Not sure why they couldn't just do that again and blaze a different trail...
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM   #198
Litennörd
Radeon R420

Litennörd is still being judged by the masses

It was apparently running on an HD 7990

https://twitter.com/AMDGaming/status/316912846527160321
Litennörd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:30 AM   #199
Mangler
PC

Hmm, how much vram does the official 7990 have?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:56 PM   #200
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Mickey Padge is still being judged by the masses

I really hope the have an option to switch off the junk and dust that seems to be smeared all over your eyeballs, like Crysis 3 does. My OCD kicks in when trying to play BF3 and all I can see is the crap on a lens that isn't really there in the first place to get crap on!!

Looks too similar to BF3 from what I have seen, will probably have a short (bugged) single player campaign too.....

"Milk it, milk it, DLC, grab their money, nothing's ever free!" (EA mantra)

Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.....

Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:11 PM   #201
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I actually dont mind what their doing with the DLC, seems more appealing that other solutions. Granted it would be nice to have free DLC, but what can you do most official DLC content is done this way.

BF4 is looking might fine... a bunch of nice little touches (im sure there's more to it behind the scenes) that is making the engine/world more breath taking. I was a big skeptic with the original BF3 footage but i was wrong when it was finally released. Just hope that the package will be as entertaining as what BF3 has been for me.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:34 PM   #202
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

I would be happy with even same graphics as bf3, as long as they remove the bullets coming out of gun at 90 degree angle because a random bullet passed close to you. Please make reaction time and aim accuracy matter.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:41 PM   #203
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks cool and all but I don't care about sp. I haven't even finished bf3 thus far.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:59 PM   #204
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Thats a pretty good vid of BF3
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:25 PM   #205
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Hmm, how much vram does the official 7990 have?
3GB per GPU, 6GB marketed and 3GB effective

I was about to pre-order BF4 from Origin for the Premium pack but it turned out to be just one DLC pack, not all Premium packs and then saw AMD Gaming Evolved as the hardware partner and BF4 17 minutes clip ran on HD 7990.... So, the game will definitely be bundled with AMD cards (7990 or 8000 series) down the road and that will make it really cheap.
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:38 PM   #206
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Well, it looks good to me, I believe the textures are improved along with a sligthly less blue filter.

I mostly play SP, I simply don't have the time anymore to improve my MP skills at a level that I enjoy MP, like the old Q3 day's
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:48 PM   #207
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Preorder another EA game.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:09 PM   #208
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Looks cool and all but I don't care about sp. I haven't even finished bf3 thus far.
Same here kac.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:22 PM   #209
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

If they do anything different with BF4 I hope they fix Rush mode. Maybe I'm crazy, but I really enjoyed Rush in BC2 but not so much in BF3; the maps just aren't well suited to it for some reason.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:26 PM   #210
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
NEW BF4 !

Whats new ?

-BF3 with nem name and full price
...obvious yeah? And they'll make millions because people will think it's "new." The power of a franchise. Though, I wish I was in a position to do the same. Rather than address the onslaught of major faults in the game--because that takes time, money, effort--just: "**** it, let's make another sequel instead". A new game that probably wouldn't even qualify in quality as a typical expansion, hell it probably wouldn't qualify as a ****ing old school "patch".
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote