Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:49 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Had some time with the x35. Haloing is better than the x27. I got my x35 cheaper than the average price, otherwise I don't think I would of jumped on the band wagon. It's like a noiser (smaller fans, smaller fan gap, and what Im guessing is 3 fans instead of 1) x27 thats ultrawide. Side by side, the x35 looks blurry in comparison. Makes sense with the DPI drop. I'll keep it but I will have to get rid of some other monitors so I have the desk space. I don't think its worth the asking, especially when you can get the x27 or pg27uq for half the price. This top tier monitors trick out slow, so might be worth grabbing if your impatient. I think the mini led ones coming out at some point would be worth waiting for, if you have the patience.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2019, 04:58 PM   #32
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How do you find VA response times - Dark level smearing, or inverse ghosting?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:42 PM   #33
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
How do you find VA response times - Dark level smearing, or inverse ghosting?
Honestly, coming from the x27 I don't see much of a difference. I also don't play alot of twitchy games these days. I got a replacement one the other day, as my last one was just a loud bitch. The new one doesnt have the same level of annoying fan going on. I will test some more for the smearing with this one. I didn't really notice it playing forza 4.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 26, 2019, 01:30 AM   #34
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

With nVidia opening up GSync you might start seeing alot of non-nvidia users now picking things like this up.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/nv...odule-screens/

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2019, 08:32 AM   #35
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Honestly, coming from the x27 I don't see much of a difference. I also don't play alot of twitchy games these days. I got a replacement one the other day, as my last one was just a loud bitch. The new one doesnt have the same level of annoying fan going on. I will test some more for the smearing with this one. I didn't really notice it playing forza 4.
Nice one. I love my new monitor but would sure like better HDR support (at a decent price). That x35 must be gorgeous in titles with good HDR implementations. Do you think there are enough FALD zones?

Strangely, local retailers say the X35 is discontinued - there must be something new on the way.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:43 PM   #36
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Edit: wrong thread, sorry!

Last edited by SIrPauly : Nov 29, 2019 at 01:02 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2019, 06:33 PM   #37
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Nice one. I love my new monitor but would sure like better HDR support (at a decent price). That x35 must be gorgeous in titles with good HDR implementations. Do you think there are enough FALD zones?

Strangely, local retailers say the X35 is discontinued - there must be something new on the way.
TBH that's not suprising. I don't think Acer makes as many as ASUS does. As I will see the Acer Variants sell out well before and the Asus hangs aorund. There is still some white haloing as the x27, but its less. I guess the only real downside is the viewing angles, the curve probably doesnt help. Unless your sitting in front of the monitor (well that's the proper main use for a monitor) it looks like crap. I am just too use to IPS. Right now I have the x27 as a flank. I really wish they would increase the size to 32, but the x27 is noticeably sharper. Gaming wise, I can still tell but its just much more immersive, so i will take the hit.