Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Asus VP349CGL 34” monitor

Thinking about this for the Mac mini - no gaming, just photo editing/media consumption/work stuff…

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...screen-monitor

Thoughts on this gents? Looking to keep it lower budget so…

Thanks guys
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2022, 06:45 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If $450 is "lower budget", then I'd go with the Dell S3422DWG. I think for media content/photo editing, a VA panel is going to be superior to IPS. No worries about IPS bleed, and most importantly, much better contrast/blacks with VA. The biggest downside is the viewing angles are poor, but I'd imagine you'd be sitting directly in-front of the screen when working on photo editing.

Link to the Dell:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...zon-20&ie=UTF8

Microcenter:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...gaming-monitor

Microcenter actually has it for $450, which blows that ASUS out of the water, imo. I assumed you wanted to stay with Ultrawide 21:9, so I went only with 3440x1440 displays.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2022, 07:17 PM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nunz thank you buddy - I may have to forget the whole thing. I just found out not 10 minutes ago that MacOS support for 21:9 and really any res other than 4k or 5k is garbage. I might not even be able to use a good 1440p monitor.

I’ll get a solid answer tomorrow hopefully and look at that Dell you linked
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2022, 07:27 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think I've heard that about MacOS before actually. In any case, a larger 4K monitor should be fine for productivity purposes
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote