Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 15, 2019, 10:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Default Any new developments in AIO coolers?

Trying to see if anything new is coming out. Seems most units on the market are made by Asetek and then rebranded. They are ok, but could use improvement with newest CPUs that have 8 or more cores. Would be nice to see an AIO with all brass components, heavier duty pumps and bigger rads.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 11:14 AM   #2
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Did read an enermax cooler recently having a better pump supposedly then jayz2cents and gamers nexus seeing gunk in their 1 year old coolers... I like coolermaster myself. Have the 240ML but the 360ML is top rated. Ill get that one next time or when I get the ryzen 3850x. Perf is roughly even for aios imo.

That one was for TR.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/1808...tom-water.html

Quote:
Now the Enermax Liqtech 2 series is being marketed as high efficiency performance, namely claiming to be able to support 500w+ TDP. Having a patented Shunt Channel Technology, which boosts thermal conductivity and increases the heat exchange rate by 30%. The integrated EF1 pump, which boosts it’s 7 times more powerful than other traditional AIO pumps. Taking both the EF1 and the Shunt Channel Technology, this might be Enermax’s secret in able to cool such a high TDP.
Huge claim but Id take it with a grain of salt. Ill see how this one goes in the gunk dept.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 05:42 PM   #3
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm looking too. Want to get something that will work with the 3850x. I have a corsair h100i pro that works like a charm. I don't mind going back with Corsair but I hate their software.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2019, 05:52 PM   #4
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Anyone use Alphacool?
Old May 15, 2019, 07:06 PM   #5
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Corsair H150i Pro. Nothing else comes close to value for money.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 07:14 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Anyone use Alphacool?
got two of their Monsta 560mm rads and like them

http://www.performance-pcs.com/alpha...Specifications
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 08:10 PM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Alphacool is awesome stuff. I really want to grab their GPU cooling products
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 09:12 PM   #8
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm looking at the Alphacool Eisbaer 240 or the 360. I'm looking at getting the new ASUS Formula AMD board. They usually have the water block for the VRM cooling. I can tie into that with the tubing and cool the CPU and the VRM all in one loop.
Old May 15, 2019, 09:55 PM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

best not to cut into a AIO cooler voids the warranty and the pumps are not strong enough for more than the block it comes with

just build your own with a d5 pump and a 360 rad plus what blocks you want
Old May 15, 2019, 10:14 PM   #10
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

The Alphacool Eisbaer is expandable.

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/sets-...-240-cpu-black

It's meant to be expanded. All I'd end up doing is getting a couple of barbs for the VRM block and then running a tube in between the CPU block and the rad.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:52 PM   #11
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The Alphacool Eisbaer is expandable.

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/sets-...-240-cpu-black

It's meant to be expanded. All I'd end up doing is getting a couple of barbs for the VRM block and then running a tube in between the CPU block and the rad.
oh ok a new type

I don't follow AIO much
Old May 16, 2019, 08:05 AM   #12
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

I think I'm going to go with a NZXT X52. I don't really crank the VRM's and I think I wanted to look at water cooling them just because I could do it. It's not really needed if I don't do aggressive OC's.
Old May 16, 2019, 02:04 PM   #13
atomBomb
Diamond Stealth 2mb VRAM

atomBomb is still being judged by the masses

How is the noise these days on AIO? Last I checked the pumps made whirlings or buzzes and I went with Noctua 15.

pc-masterrace
atomBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 02:46 PM   #14
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomBomb View Post
How is the noise these days on AIO? Last I checked the pumps made whirlings or buzzes and I went with Noctua 15.
I have a H100i and had it for the last 2 years. I can't hear the pump at all. The only thing out of it is the fan noise. I totally ditched the fans that came with it and put some gentile typhoons on it. I have mine set to silent running. Fan speed is at 1200 rpm. I idle at 36 and I max out temps on stress at 63. I have my 4770k OC'ed to 4.2 from 3.9.
Old May 16, 2019, 07:58 PM   #15
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I have a H100i and had it for the last 2 years. I can't hear the pump at all. The only thing out of it is the fan noise. I totally ditched the fans that came with it and put some gentile typhoons on it. I have mine set to silent running. Fan speed is at 1200 rpm. I idle at 36 and I max out temps on stress at 63. I have my 4770k OC'ed to 4.2 from 3.9.
Unfortunately, pump noise varies a lot unit to unit. Some can be totally silent at full RPM, while others will have an annoying hum/buzz at various RPMs. Usually it's not too noticeable except when everything else is dead silent, but in that case you can usually improve things by running the pump at a slower speed at idle, and just ramping it up as temps go up. If you use the mobo fan header to control the pump you can easily run it at 50-60% at low load, which should be inaudible, and then just ramp it up when your fans are running.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote