|Submit News Use this forum to submit News items to Rage3D. Acceptable News items you post in here will be moved into the main "News" forum or one of the appropriate news sub-forum categories, where it will appear on Rage3D.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|May 2, 2007, 03:48 PM||#1||
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Radeon Polaris 20 XL
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Upper Midwest
*** Rage3D News Formatting Guide - Updated August 11, 2009 ***
Welcome to the Rage3D News forum! We at Rage3D are extremely pleased that you have decided to contribute to this exceptional website! Before you begin, however, there are a few things that you must know.
Here at Rage3D, we news moderators adhere to a high standard of quality, and we expect all other members to do the same. Therefore, it is imperative that you learn how to format your news posts correctly. It may seem a bit complicated at first, but you will get the hang of it in no time at all. So, let's get started!
1. Begin by finding a news article that you want to post (of course). The article must be computer-, electronics-, or technology-related.
2. Start a new thread in the "Submit News" forum. Create a title for the new thread.
3. Begin your news post with a brief overview and/or your personal opinions of the topic at hand. Be sure to keep a neutral tone.
4. Hit Enter twice to go down two lines.
5. Copy/Paste a brief portion of the article and wrap it in a Newsquote. To do so, either highlight the article's text in the message editor and click the Newsquote button (the two overlapping pages), or type [newsquote] before the first letter of the article and
[newsquote] with a slash between the [ and the N after the last.
6. Hit Enter twice.
7. Reference your source in the following format: Source: ABCDE.com. Then provide a direct link to it. To do so, highlight the source that you have listed and click the "Insert Link" button (the paper clip with an addition (+) sign above it). You will then be prompted to add a URL. Add the URL of the first page of the news article.
8. Select an appropriate post icon for the thread. For example, if you are posting an NVIDIA-related news item, use the NVIDIA icon.
9. Click "Submit New Thread". A moderator will transfer the tread to the News forum or one of its child forums.
When you are finished, you should have a new post that looks like the following example (except that yours should not be completely bolded):
Title: News Posters Wanted at Rage3D
We are currently looking for new news posters. See above for instructions on how to do so.
Welcome to the Rage3D News forum! We at Rage3D are extremely pleased that you have decided to contribute to this wonderful website! Before you begin, however, there are a few things that you must know.
The following are some additional rules and tips:
That is all there is to it! If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact a member of the news team or general staff for assistance. We will be more than happy to assist you!
NOTE: Some parts of this guide were taken from the following threads:
"Guide to posting news - Proper formatting (very important!)" by Judas
"Guide to posting news - The basics" by MrB
And, lastly, a big thank you to caveman-jim for his input in making this guide.
Last edited by Android1 : Aug 11, 2009 at 12:07 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New DirectX August 2009 Update||Seyiji||Front Page News||0||Sep 10, 2009 12:57 AM|
|Elvis Presley and August 16, 2009||grog||Off Topic Lounge||0||Aug 9, 2009 03:35 AM|
|Guide to posting news - Proper formatting (very important!)||Judas||Submit News||0||Feb 23, 2005 01:23 PM|