Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Other Discussions » Rage3D Member Review Zone
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rage3D Member Review Zone Have a hot new hardware or software component to show off? Get noticed! The Rage3D Member Review Area is your one-stop shop to share your reviewing expertise with the Rage3D community.

Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
plasmafish
ionized

plasmafish is still being judged by the masses

Motherboard MSI Fuzzy 945GM1 Mini ITX Motherboard for Intel Core2Duo/Core Duo/Celeron Mobile

I purchased this motherboard around a year ago. http://www.e-itx.com/msi-fuzzy-945gm1-ms-7265.html

I got the Intel Celeron M520 1.6GHz, 1MB Cache processor and 512MB of RAM. The system outperformed all of my expectations and the onboard video is quite impressive. I played quake 3 online with the board and sustained a ping of 11 in a server which I thought was quite good. The settings I use on quake 3 are set to medium but it works like a charm. I haven't tested any other games on it because I did not build it for gaming.

I built this system with a 7 inch touchscreen mounted to the front of my acrylic case I had built from scratch. The touchscreen is mounted with aluminum L brackets and the whole computers case is sealed with lexan. I still have to convert the regular ATX powersupply to a mini power supply but I have 5 different operating systems I have set to boot on it. My favorite is Ubuntu on the minitix but the graphical features are lost because I believe you have to have a good video card to take advantage of the graphical power features of ubuntu.

The system can take a core 2 duo processor and can take up to 4GB in RAM which would greatly increase performance but I am not worried about perfomance right now as it suits my needs. It can also take a PCI video card and the next motherboard up in the series I believe has PCI express. Overall this setup is awesome and I have no complaints with it.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:40 AM   #2
plasmafish
ionized

plasmafish is still being judged by the masses

Actually the crazy part is that I priced it up again and it is only $30 cheaper now than when I bought it in December of 2007.