Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 27, 2019, 01:26 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I don't know why yall were expecting a new high end graphics card. There's no reason for it to exist, not yet anyways.

Even if AMD brings out something competitive soon, I'm not so sure now AMD will care about yall and will price them right in line with Nvidia's pricing.

LordHawkwind said the same thing on the CPU's for weeks

it didn't work that way on the 12 core cpu being faster than intel's 12 core and it's half the price

flat out NV is ass raping everyone with the RTX's they are so over priced as to be profiteering

and AMD maybe able to do the sane thing to NV they just did to intel next year...….. I do hope
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2019, 01:55 PM   #32
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I don't know why yall were expecting a new high end graphics card. There's no reason for it to exist, not yet anyways.

Even if AMD brings out something competitive soon, I'm not so sure now AMD will care about yall and will price them right in line with Nvidia's pricing.
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2019, 02:13 PM   #33
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

LordHawkwind said the same thing on the CPU's for weeks

it didn't work that way on the 12 core cpu being faster than intel's 12 core and it's half the price

flat out NV is ass raping everyone with the RTX's they are so over priced as to be profiteering

and AMD maybe able to do the sane thing to NV they just did to intel next year...….. I do hope
These are discrete GPU's, not the vastly larger CPU market.

How did the pricing go for the Radeon VII? Or Vega 64 right before that? What makes you think Navi will be any different? AMD has shown it's willing to match Nvidia in pricing these days.

The way AMD handles the CPU front is absolutely irrelevant, the constant comparisons are meaningless.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 27, 2019, 02:24 PM   #34
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

How did the pricing go for the Radeon VII? Or Vega 64 right before that? What makes you think Navi will be any different? AMD has shown it's willing to match Nvidia in pricing these days.

The way AMD handles the CPU front is absolutely irrelevant, the constant comparisons are meaningless.
navi doesn't have high cost HBM

you maybe right we will see July 7th
maybe but these won't be more than maybe close to a 2080 non ti

i'm more wondering if I can pop one in with my 2080 ti to get hdmi freesync or vrr if it has HDMI 2.1

Last edited by bill dennison : May 27, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old May 27, 2019, 03:22 PM   #35
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

HDMI 2.1 TV's are just now starting to get out stores. Should get VRR support with HDMI 2.1 with future Nvidia cards since it's an HDMI standard, I forget if the 2080Ti is HDMI 2.1 compliant or not.

Or rather than waiting, you can just get a big screen PC monitor with display port and use that as a TV also, rather than waiting for a TV to use as a monitor. As long as your cable/satellite has HDMI output you can plug it into your monitor's HDMI input.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old May 27, 2019, 03:47 PM   #36
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
HDMI 2.1 TV's are just now starting to get out stores. Should get VRR support with HDMI 2.1 with future Nvidia cards since it's an HDMI standard, I forget if the 2080Ti is HDMI 2.1 compliant or not.

Or rather than waiting, you can just get a big screen PC monitor with display port and use that as a TV also, rather than waiting for a TV to use as a monitor. As long as your cable/satellite has HDMI output you can plug it into your monitor's HDMI input.
no the 2080 ti is not 2.1

got a 40 inch 4k/60 PC monitor now but it is 2015 and has one hdmi and 2 DP and no apps
where to plug in the Fire tv and Roku 4 plus 4k bluyray and ps4

want more 55 inch 4k/60 or 120 a few of the LG TV's have 120 now and one sansung

would like to get rid of one screen in the office and use a good tv for both
I got a good ergotron wall tv arm that will do 65 inch so I could move it around

Last edited by bill dennison : May 27, 2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:23 PM   #37
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Whoa, I just read the words "RTX2080Ti Super" on the inetwebs

Last edited by GSGRUNT : Jun 12, 2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: link
GSGRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:25 PM   #38
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

So the 2070 is now the 2060?

Bring on those price wars. And Im sure the 2060 owners will just be peached.

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...hing-monsters/

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:29 PM   #39
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
So the 2070 is now the 2060?

Bring on those price wars. And Im sure the 2060 owners will just be peached.

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...hing-monsters/
2080 Ti SUPER Strix 1499
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:38 PM   #40
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
2080 Ti SUPER Strix 1499
, KAC will surely get one.

yoz
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:42 PM   #41
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

RTX 2080 Super with RTX2080Ti performance @ $800 would be compelling.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:46 PM   #42
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Oh, you mean what the RTX2080TI was worth and should have been priced to begin with? Sick

I'm curious how much faster the 2080TI Super will be.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:57 PM   #43
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Queeftech is claiming this is going to be "much" faster than a 2080Ti.

And their source is Igor's lab's youtube channel with 5,000 views and 307 likes.

Just when I thought Queeftech was starting to improve their image.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 02:10 PM   #44
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Oh, you mean what the RTX2080TI was worth and should have been priced to begin with? Sick
After Satan attempts to shove a pineapple up your arse the granny-smith apple feels relatively good in there
Old Jun 12, 2019, 03:04 PM   #45
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
it's still 8gb
…….

now the new RTX 2080 Ti SUPER if it is full HDMI 2.1 and 20% at the same prices or lower price = sure maybe
and add pcie 4.0

if it would SLI even if just for RT with my current 2080 ti = yes
Old Jun 12, 2019, 04:51 PM   #46
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Enjoy spending another $1500 for the real Ti, all hail Nvidia.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 05:14 PM   #47
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Nvidia pulled a Titan marketing move on the entire Turing line up and now they are releasing the same products at a cheaper price. They really know how to use the premium card don’t they!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 05:49 PM   #48
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Ive never seen amd 'bin' its entire lineup and put out the same chips 6 months later at same or higher prices. What nvidia is doing is gouging. AMD is only pricing per nvidia at a discount. 5700xt will be cheaper not long after launch if/when they come out with super line.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 12, 2019, 06:09 PM   #49
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Ive never seen amd 'bin' its entire lineup and put out the same chips 6 months later at same or higher prices. What nvidia is doing is gouging. AMD is only pricing per nvidia at a discount. 5700xt will be cheaper not long after launch if/when they come out with super line.
and slower than my 3 year old 1080 ti strix
Old Jun 12, 2019, 07:08 PM   #50
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
and slower than my 3 year old 1080 ti strix
Sure but its not in the same price class... And looks like if you use dlss fidelity fx will give it a big boost in those games. Might actually catch up to a 2080/1080ti in some cases.

Personally I want 4k results for the sub 500$ class. So any card I buy into this summer or more likely fall will have to be run in modern titles at that rez. But at 350$ usd or ~450 cad I think the 5700 will sell well.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:10 PM   #51
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Good that I waited on that 2080.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:14 PM   #52
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks for taking my advice
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:28 PM   #53
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
A 2080 was never an upgrade path for you, only a Ti was.

yoz
Old Jun 13, 2019, 04:11 AM   #54
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have to admit I'm interested. Was on the fence about TI but this tips the scales slightly.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:33 AM   #55
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
it's still 8gb
No worries... if you want RTX ON > 60fps you'll be playing at 720p DLSS. Think of the VRAM savings!
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 01:22 PM   #56
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
No worries... if you want RTX ON > 60fps you'll be playing at 720p DLSS. Think of the VRAM savings!

yoz
Old Jun 13, 2019, 01:46 PM   #57
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Will the real TI stand up?

Stupid naming scheme. Lets see what it can do.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 02:30 PM   #58
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Will the real TI stand up?

Stupid naming scheme. Lets see what it can do.
I expect 5% to 10% faster than the current model

if it is 20% to 30% it maybe worth a upgrade if not priced 20% higher
Old Jun 13, 2019, 02:43 PM   #59
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
if it is 20% to 30% it maybe worth a upgrade if not priced 20% higher
RTX titles would also have to be 130% more than there are now for me to even consider that.

yoz
Old Jun 13, 2019, 05:42 PM   #60
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
RTX titles would also have to be 130% more than there are now for me to even consider that.
a 130% of 5 titles is what 7 more

I think there is 3 or 4 by the end of this year

and 2 or 3 by April next and then cyberpunk 2077 and it counts as 3