Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kytprice
EnRaged

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well I get a new toy and then I get obsessed with it. So a buddy of mine had one of these used that I got a deal on. He unlocked it from his car so it says 0/1. Taking the AFM back as it's still in the box.
Yippee way to brick a new car!

Last edited by kytprice : Yesterday at 11:55 PM.
kytprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #32
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm confused. You tried to flash it and the ECU is bricked?

I've used these before. The device gets locked to the car it was last connected to and a tune loaded into it. You can put the car back to stock, unlocking the device again and it's then able to connect to anothwr car. I'm failing to understand how either car could be "bricked" given the above.
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #33
Camster
Rage3D Veteran

Camster is still being judged by the masses

That's a better option. You should be able to turn the AFM off & maybe even firm up the trans shifts too. I don't know much about the Diablo tuners but I know they are pretty good.

I agree about the slushy shifting my car was like that too. Slipping into gears is hard on the clutches in the trans. Mine snaps in now & I love the feel. Here's my old girl......

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #34
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m guessing you’re kidding about bricking the car .... right? The tuner handheld shouldn’t be able to do that since it won’t connect to the car without unlocking from the last car.

I’ve been trying to find a good deal on a Cobb AP V3 for a while. It’s been 5 months
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #35
Camster
Rage3D Veteran

Camster is still being judged by the masses

I'm pretty sure he was kidding. I know they can act weird sometimes I had mine freeze once while trying to load a tune but nothing bad happened thankfully.
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #36
kytprice
EnRaged

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yeah I'm kidding. I just figured if anyone could brick a car it'd be me. I won't get time to really mess with it until Saturday. I'll update to the latest firmware and updates until then. The process seems pretty straightforward and it stores your stock settings. I've just bricked a phone or two.
kytprice is online now   Reply With Quote