Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 16, 2020, 05:46 AM   #17071
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You need to read the novel and then watch the movie to be royally confused.
What confuses me most isn't so much the movie ("Jesus had sex and the church is trying to hide it!" isn't that surprising a plot line, knowing what we do now about the Catholic church), but the hype that surrounded it at the time. I was really under the impression the movie was a big deal because it was awesome or something. Instead, now I'm under the impression it was somewhat controversial at best? But then, fiction portraying the Catholic church as a lying, murderous sneakfest aren't exactly rare, so what was the big deal? That it was a big Hollywood production?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 06:03 AM   #17072
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I thought the movie tanked hard. So did the sequels.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2020, 05:09 PM   #17073
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Watched "The Da Vinci Code" for the first time. All I knew about the entire series, is that it stars Tom Hanks and has something to do with religion and Templars. Went in expecting a cool version of Broken Sword 1 and 2, ended up with a confused version of Broken Sword 3/4/5.
how did you get confused? they literally hold your hand throughout the entire thing.

EDIT: oh nvm saw your response. I don't think there was too much hype around the movie. it was just a relatively simple movie made in a safe way.

EDIT2: wait there are multiple sequels? angels and demons was about on par with Code. i don't think it was too much worse. just super predictable with the "twist" at the end.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2020, 07:22 PM   #17074
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Saw 'Birds of Prey' again.

Liked it even more the second time.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2020, 09:18 PM   #17075
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dark Waters. 8/10.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 09:29 PM   #17076
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Blade Runner (Final Cut) . . . Eleventy-million/10

Netflix just started running it in the last few days?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:57 AM   #17077
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Waves - 8/10
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 07:15 AM   #17078
KAC
That postcount though...

Sonic. 7.5/10. Really liked it.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 08:15 AM   #17079
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Blade Runner (Final Cut) . . . Eleventy-million/10

Netflix just started running it in the last few days?
Yes, modern classic and best soundtrack ever.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 01:35 PM   #17080
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Serenity: 7.5/10. Anne Hathaway asks Matthew McConaughey to kill her abusive husband. Great acting, interesting premise, strange twist in the middle... conclusion stumbles a bit. I'd recommend it, although there's some flaws in the storytelling.

Terminator Whatever: 8/10. Lots of great ideas, solid action. I wasn't as turned off by the wokeness as people had suggested. The only part that really bugged me was when the 90 pound latino girl beats up several thugs in the future with her bare hands... They should have put more emphasis on her being a great leader than trying to give her massively unrealistic ninja skills... on a separate note, I also enjoyed Genisys... sure, it was poorly written and had the tone of a coloring book, but I liked seeing an alternate take on the story and liked alot of the action. I wonder if they'll continue to reboot terminator with every new movie forever... it's a series that maybe doesn't need continuity, as each one basically takes place in an alternate timeline.

Ready or Not: 8/10. Lots of great acting & story moments, and I loved the ending. Still, I prefer my dark comedies to lean more into the comedy... I'd like to be laughing the whole time, even when things are gross & disturbing.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 01:41 PM   #17081
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Terminator Whatever: 8/10. Lots of great ideas, solid action. I wasn't as turned off by the wokeness as people had suggested. The only part that really bugged me was when the 90 pound latino girl beats up several thugs in the future with her bare hands... They should have put more emphasis on her being a great leader than trying to give her massively unrealistic ninja skills... on a separate note, I also enjoyed Genisys... sure, it was poorly written and had the tone of a coloring book, but I liked seeing an alternate take on the story and liked alot of the action. I wonder if they'll continue to reboot terminator with every new movie forever... it's a series that maybe doesn't need continuity, as each one basically takes place in an alternate timeline.
My issue with Dark Fate is that they take the whole John Connor premise, throw it out the window, and replace it with the same thing in a different sex/ethnicity. There's ZERO point to this movie. The acting is bad (especially by Linda Hamilton who phones it in the whole movie), Arnold has a bit part and the "new" Terminator we saw in #3 already. Total and yes Salvation and Ganisys are better, by a mile.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 03:00 PM   #17082
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just got done watching Ford v Ferrari. Pretty great stuff with a seriously awesome sound mix.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 03:42 PM   #17083
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Just got done watching Ford v Ferrari. Pretty great stuff with a seriously awesome sound mix.
I just had my mom over to watch it in my living room/hometheater. Great true story movie. Some one earlier gave it a 7/10 because of the ending. But the ending was spot on with what really happened. 10/10 movie for sure.

The sound mix is great. With 7.2.4 atmos, my mom about jumped out of her seat when Shelby flew in from behind in the plane. Then later she was "where is that typewriter sound coming from". 2 seconds later it panned the room and she saw the secretary typing.. her reactions to all the sound made the experience even better. (At 74, she had a hard time wrapping her head around having full theater sound/experience in a living room)

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 04:35 PM   #17084
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I just had my mom over to watch it in my living room/hometheater. Great true story movie. Some one earlier gave it a 7/10 because of the ending. But the ending was spot on with what really happened. 10/10 movie for sure.

The sound mix is great. With 7.2.4 atmos, my mom about jumped out of her seat when Shelby flew in from behind in the plane. Then later she was "where is that typewriter sound coming from". 2 seconds later it panned the room and she saw the secretary typing.. her reactions to all the sound made the experience even better. (At 74, she had a hard time wrapping her head around having full theater sound/experience in a living room)

What does your home theater consist of in terms of audio/video equipment?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 08:44 PM   #17085
KAC
That postcount though...

Jo Jo Rabbit. Stupid film/10.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:12 PM   #17086
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

What does your home theater consist of in terms of audio/video equipment?
The answer is way off topic, but here you go.

It's basically entry level, as I live in an apartment, and budget.

Samsung QN65Q6FNAFXZA 65" QLED 4K UHD
Sony UHD X800 4k UHD Blu Ray Player
Nvidia Shield (most movies I have ripped to my home server pc with Plex on it (all 4k are direct passthru rips, with all audio/HDR intact), easier than digging out the dvds)

Started out 1 year ago with a Denon x950h (7.2), but once I started to get into Atmos, well, 5.2.2 wasn't enough. So.. the setup now:
Denon X4500H (9.2 channel with 11.2 decoding - 2 channel pre-amp out) Using the x950h as the 2 channel amp to get the 11.2 (7.2.4)

Bought all reference series Klipsch onsale 1/2 price which allowed me to get it all within my budget:
2 - R620F for fronts, was going to do the R802F but they where out of my budget for price at the time, but the R620F are perfect for apartment dwelling.
1 - R-34-C center
4 - R-51-M books shelf for the surround/back speakers
2 - R-100SW 10" subwoofers (was going to go 12", but decided 10" was sufficient for my needs).
2 - R-41-SA up firing Dolby Atmos speakers for front 2 Atmos
2 - Pioneer SP-T22A-LR up firing Dolby Atmos speakers for back 2 Atmos

The Pioneer's where the first pair of Atmos speakers I bought on sale with the 5.2.2 setup. I wanted all Klipsch, and almost replaced them when I went to 7.2.4, but the Pioneer's fit perfect on top of the R-51-M back speakers, and the Klipsch are to big for them.

2 - Auro Bass shakers, powered by a Daytona 100 watt plate amp, in my reclining love seat with console, which to me, love seat doesn't fit. It's more like a comfy theater seat: https://completesuitefurniture.com/s...eseat-wconsole.

I have low 8 ft ceilings, being in an apartment, up firing was the best option, and honestly, once I tuned it, no 8ft ceilings with in ceiling speakers can touch it due to being to close to the listener, you lose to much of the dispersion with such low ceilings (have a buddy who has 8 ft ceiling with in ceiling atmos).. but it is all user preference and subjective to ones own taste.

It took a lot of time to tune the room correction, levels, Atmost speaker angle/height-distance from ceiling and level (used foam speaker stands on top of front/back speakers to raise and change the angle's and height), etc. But once done, it sounds great.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Feb 21, 2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:24 PM   #17087
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Awesome movie!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 01:42 AM   #17088
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Brahms: The Boy 2.
My farts in the theater were more terrifying than anything on screen.

Old Feb 22, 2020, 06:08 AM   #17089
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
The answer is way off topic, but here you go.

It's basically entry level, as I live in an apartment, and budget.

Samsung QN65Q6FNAFXZA 65" QLED 4K UHD
Sony UHD X800 4k UHD Blu Ray Player
Nvidia Shield (most movies I have ripped to my home server pc with Plex on it (all 4k are direct passthru rips, with all audio/HDR intact), easier than digging out the dvds)

Started out 1 year ago with a Denon x950h (7.2), but once I started to get into Atmos, well, 5.2.2 wasn't enough. So.. the setup now:
Denon X4500H (9.2 channel with 11.2 decoding - 2 channel pre-amp out) Using the x950h as the 2 channel amp to get the 11.2 (7.2.4)

Bought all reference series Klipsch onsale 1/2 price which allowed me to get it all within my budget:
2 - R620F for fronts, was going to do the R802F but they where out of my budget for price at the time, but the R620F are perfect for apartment dwelling.
1 - R-34-C center
4 - R-51-M books shelf for the surround/back speakers
2 - R-100SW 10" subwoofers (was going to go 12", but decided 10" was sufficient for my needs).
2 - R-41-SA up firing Dolby Atmos speakers for front 2 Atmos
2 - Pioneer SP-T22A-LR up firing Dolby Atmos speakers for back 2 Atmos

The Pioneer's where the first pair of Atmos speakers I bought on sale with the 5.2.2 setup. I wanted all Klipsch, and almost replaced them when I went to 7.2.4, but the Pioneer's fit perfect on top of the R-51-M back speakers, and the Klipsch are to big for them.

2 - Auro Bass shakers, powered by a Daytona 100 watt plate amp, in my reclining love seat with console, which to me, love seat doesn't fit. It's more like a comfy theater seat: https://completesuitefurniture.com/s...eseat-wconsole.

I have low 8 ft ceilings, being in an apartment, up firing was the best option, and honestly, once I tuned it, no 8ft ceilings with in ceiling speakers can touch it due to being to close to the listener, you lose to much of the dispersion with such low ceilings (have a buddy who has 8 ft ceiling with in ceiling atmos).. but it is all user preference and subjective to ones own taste.

It took a lot of time to tune the room correction, levels, Atmost speaker angle/height-distance from ceiling and level (used foam speaker stands on top of front/back speakers to raise and change the angle's and height), etc. But once done, it sounds great.
You live in an apartment, glad your not my neighbor, I live in a condo and forgo any ridiculous sound system as I’m sure my neighbors don’t want to hear it.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Feb 22, 2020 at 06:51 AM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 06:42 AM   #17090
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeavis View Post
Brahms: The Boy 2.
My farts in the theater were more terrifying than anything on screen.
That begs the question: What had you eaten?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:01 AM   #17091
necropimp
Radeon Arctic Islands

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Midway... a 60s style war movie with modern effects

Gemini Man... Will Smith plays a very complex game of stop hitting yourself
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:11 AM   #17092
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You live in an apartment, glad your not my neighbor, I live in a condo and forgo any ridiculous sound system as I’m sure my neighbors don’t want to hear it.
Hahaha.. My neighbors above me are in a band, and tend to practice a lot. We have an understanding. Off by 10 pm we are all good. LOL! Besides, that is why I have the bass shakers, so I don't have the subs turned up as high, as well as our apartments are sound proofed pretty damn good.

Old Feb 22, 2020, 09:08 AM   #17093
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Watched the Fathom event (movie screen broadcast) of the play Cyrano de Bergerac by the National Theatre company, starring James McAvoy.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/westen...eatre-20191209

There was no nose. Very modern. Instead of swordplay there was a rap-insult battle.

I enjoyed it. My daughter hated it. Other people were meh on it. Maybe I'm too easy to please.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Feb 22, 2020 at 09:19 AM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 04:37 PM   #17094
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Uppity: The Willy T. Ribbs Story (2020) - 8/10

Great documentary. Love that Adam Carolla continues to create racing documentaries that show the "other" side of the racing industry.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:01 PM   #17095
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - 7/10
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:26 PM   #17096
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - 7/10
Started watching this and stopped as I couldn’t take the slow drama nonsense.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:35 PM   #17097
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Parasite: so bad, I walked out of my own house.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2020, 03:07 AM   #17098
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Parasite: so bad, I walked out of my own house.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:09 AM   #17099
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The Irishman. 7/10. Would've been a 9/10 if it had been 90 minutes shorter. 3.5 hours for a slow-paced movie was just painful, but it was great to see Pacino, De Niro, and Pesci together on screen.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2020, 01:01 PM   #17100
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

Call of the Wild.

Really enjoyed it. The book was something that really grabbed my heart when I read it at around age 8. Harrison Ford was a good bonus.