Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 20, 2019, 09:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default I.G.I. - Origins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyDbQ56onw

Was anyone waiting for a third game?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 09:42 AM   #2
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Loved the first game way back whenever. But a sequel now? We'll see.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:44 AM   #3
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I enjoyed what the first one was about, but it was a darn frustrating game for me. I just suck at those types. I have a hard time believing this new incarnation will be any relation to the first one other than name.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

I had the first game way back and was amazed by the "open world" environment. In practice though the open world never came into the gameplay and the AI was infuriating at times. I doubt it aged well at all but either this or Delta Force was probably the first FPS I ever played.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2019, 01:17 AM   #5
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I loved Project I.G.I.!! I did hate the enemy re-spawning though. Sometimes they would re-spawn 2 feet away from you.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2019, 01:28 AM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Played the demo of Project IGI and thought it was pretty mediocre at the time.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2019, 05:56 AM   #7
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Was the first game for me that the water looked and responded great. Really enjoyed it but so many games under the bridge now why call it a sequel just come up with a new IP.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 08:16 AM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Played the first one. Was very difficult to finish but I did. Hated the second one. Do not understand why there is a third.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:08 AM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:12 AM   #10
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

IGI 1 was good. Codemasters demoed IGI 2 at an exclusive side event, during i-series UK LAN back in oh 2002 or something. We all got very, very bored during the presentation.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:20 AM   #11
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just waiting on Apple wading in to copyright i.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 02:39 PM   #12
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I remember liking the first game. Never bought the 2nd because of the terrible reviews. Probably won't bother with the 3rd, as I've got way too many games to play and not enough time. I always root for games to succeed, though, so developers and testers get paid.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 03:01 PM   #13
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I remember liking the first game. Never bought the 2nd because of the terrible reviews. Probably won't bother with the 3rd, as I've got way too many games to play and not enough time. I always root for games to succeed, though, so developers and testers get paid.
I recall the 2nd being a totally different feeling game and you made the right choice, cant say about the 3rd so will await judgement after its release and reviewed and patched then reviewed then patched and fixed then released on Steam.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 06:15 PM   #14
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I enjoyed what the first one was about, but it was a darn frustrating game for me. I just suck at those types. I have a hard time believing this new incarnation will be any relation to the first one other than name.
I don't think the problem is that you suck, it's that the game was very badly done. The lack of any saves in levels that took quite a few minutes to get through was unnecessarily challenging. Of course, I have a special hatred for the original IGI because I made the mistake of playing it on hard, and after slogging through the game, I discovered the last 3-4 levels literally could not be beaten on hard (AI could hit you from further away than you could hit them), and I had to use a god mode cheat.

Fair or not, I won't even be considering this game. They should have let this IP die.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote