Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 25, 2019, 06:55 PM   #871
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Don't laugh, how much would a comparable size SSD be? I get your point but mechanical drives are not dead yet.
I only use SSD's for fast action in Windows, I dont ever delete my games so I have almost 1000 games installed on spinners. Bought a my book 8TB not long ago and was going to shuck it but its just as fast running it through USB 3 so I left it outside. keep piling up them installs. I prefer playing when I feel like it rather then eating up my data cap on months like these. I just changed over to a comcast hotspot nearby so I dont go over the 1TB this month.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2019, 09:51 PM   #872
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I only use SSD's for fast action in Windows, I dont ever delete my games so I have almost 1000 games installed on spinners. Bought a my book 8TB not long ago and was going to shuck it but its just as fast running it through USB 3 so I left it outside. keep piling up them installs. I prefer playing when I feel like it rather then eating up my data cap on months like these. I just changed over to a comcast hotspot nearby so I dont go over the 1TB this month.
Same here. Recommend me a good 8TB drive.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:02 PM   #873
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Same here. Recommend me a good 8TB drive.
Have 2 of these now.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easy...&skuId=5792401
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2019, 05:33 PM   #874
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
laughs @ loading games off a slow, decrepit hdd
I have a 32GB Optane drive caching my game HDD... loading from an SSD wouldn't be any faster.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:24 PM   #875
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I hope all your gay asses finished this game because after RDR2 you won’t be able to play this one.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 09:13 PM   #876
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Finished every quest, Tour, side quest, question mark..... the last achievement, "complete all other achievements" didn't unlock......

Uninstalled!

Last edited by Megaman : Nov 14, 2019 at 09:26 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 09:20 PM   #877
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Finished everything quest, Tour, side quest, question mark..... the last achievement, "complete all other achievements" didn't unlock......

Uninstalled!

yoz
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:42 AM   #878
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
The 10TB is exactly the same price as the 8TB. Totally makes sense, Best Buy.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:13 AM   #879
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Completed the base game in about 65 hours, got the best ending. "Completed" should be in quotes because there's probably another 100+ hours of optional content still left to do, and that's not even counting the DLCs.

Odyssey suffers from a lot of unnecessary bloat, copy pasted assets and unnecessarily large yet barren areas. Even congested cities/villages can feel "barren" because they are just copy/pasted assets over and over with no real gameplay value other than to pad size and gameplay time to the game. Almost as if the devs needed to prove to the shareholders that "its the biggest game world ever".

It is a good game. A great game even. But it's also the Ubisoft open world formula pushed to max capacity, the personification of quantity over quality. It's a jack of all trades game - it does well in all areas but doesn't feel like it excels at any (except from technological points like visuals/level streaming etc, no doubt the tech behind the game is phenomenal).

It isn't even an assassination game anymore, the gameplay is closer to "Witcher lite" than older titles in the series (from AC1 to Syndicate) which you felt like an Assassin, instead of "go grind for a few hours to level up so you can kill this guy in 10 hits instead of 30".

I hope this post isn't too negative. There is a lot to love about this game, you can get many hours of enjoyment from it if you don't mind the ubisoft open world formula, but it's another step away from the the original AC games identity.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:59 AM   #880
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
I hope this post isn't too negative. There is a lot to love about this game, you can get many hours of enjoyment from it if you don't mind the ubisoft open world formula, but it's another step away from the the original AC games identity.
I think that's why people like me liked it so much.

yoz
Old Dec 9, 2019, 01:55 PM   #881
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I'm so far behind in Assassins Creed, I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up. I absolutely LOVED the first one, never quite made it through the 2nd. I played a few hours of the pirate one, and dabbled for an hour or so in a couple others.

They need to make a "Remastered Recap" edition, where they condense the stories from each game into just a couple hours, and bundle the whole thing together to let people like me get caught up. then maybe I'll buy the next game.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:32 PM   #882
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

New storyline you only need to play Origins and Odyssey.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:45 PM   #883
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Odyssey is def a case of quantity. But I think it's a rare case were the sheer size of the world and the contents is a positive. AC2 / Brohood are still better games, but I don't mind how Odyssey does things.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:52 PM   #884
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
The 10TB is exactly the same price as the 8TB. Totally makes sense, Best Buy.
I just depends on the sale.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 04:48 PM   #885
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I'm so far behind in Assassins Creed, I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up. I absolutely LOVED the first one, never quite made it through the 2nd. I played a few hours of the pirate one, and dabbled for an hour or so in a couple others.

They need to make a "Remastered Recap" edition, where they condense the stories from each game into just a couple hours, and bundle the whole thing together to let people like me get caught up. then maybe I'll buy the next game.
you have the legacy ones that follow etzio/altair, the random ones after (pirates, native americans, industrial europe), and then this last series with odyssey and origins.

i was worried with the middle ones because i was behind so much, but playing black flag and rogue and the other ones is easy, and easy to get into even if you havnt played a AC game inna while. Of the new ones, I liked origins A LOT more than odyssey. but these newest ones feel like way more of a stand alone game than the old "continuing-story" ones.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2019, 08:55 PM   #886
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Of the new ones, I liked origins A LOT more than odyssey.
I like the locale and lore better in Origins because I'm fascinated by ancient Egyptian history. However as a whole package Odyssey is a cut above IMO. It's pretty much the definitive AC experience so far.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2019, 09:24 PM   #887
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
I like the locale and lore better in Origins because I'm fascinated by ancient Egyptian history. However as a whole package Odyssey is a cut above IMO. It's pretty much the definitive AC experience so far.
Do the tour in Odyssey to broaden your interest in Greek history. It’s fantastic!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 09:11 AM   #888
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Agreed on both counts.

yoz