Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Folding put a virus on my wife's computer?

Today my wife's computer detected a virus or threat. Notice the folder it is in is in the folding at home directory. Anyone know how this can happen? If this really is a virus, I'm going to have to stop all folding again.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:47 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

its a false detection. the wudata.chk files sometimes make byte patterns that match known virus files though random circumstances.

I usually exclude my folding work directories from virus scans because of this, on systems running McAfee and Avast.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post

Today my wife's computer detected a virus or threat. Notice the folder it is in is in the folding at home directory. Anyone know how this can happen? If this really is a virus, I'm going to have to stop all folding again.
If your really worried send it to Avast so they can check it out.
If they get back to you and say its a false positive then its all good.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 4, 2008, 07:23 AM   #4
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Location: Canada The wrong side of Insanity a.k.a. Mississauga, ON
Honsy is still being judged by the masses

All the Symantec products that I've had folding run along with (SAV 8, 9, 10, 10.1, SEP 11) have never come back with virus warnings. I've run on over 200 machines for 3 years, so I would also suspect that it's a false hit.

Join Team Rage3D Folding and help make science happen.
Learn more
Honsy is offline   Reply With Quote