Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 23, 2002, 06:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
IcemanRV200
Radeon R100

IcemanRV200 is still being judged by the masses

Lightbulb Microsoft's Corona

In my opinion... yes... this WILL revolutionize PC entertainment. Now adays the general populous who feel they are home entertainment guru's dont feel the need to put effort into investing in a PC for home entertainment.

But now I feel this Corona technology from Microsoft will REALLY change peoples opinions on buying DVD drives for thier computer. That type of resolution. On video playback. Thats gotta look awsome.

So what does everyone think about it. Obviously I feel ATI will also lead of Nvidia with the quality of the immersion engine. And best of all... Corona is FREE!!!!!!! (well free as long as you have Windows XP) uh oh....
Old Apr 23, 2002, 08:11 PM   #2
ZepBrian
Banned

ZepBrian is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Microsoft's Corona

Quote:
Originally posted by IcemanRV200
In my opinion... yes... this WILL revolutionize PC entertainment. Now adays the general populous who feel they are home entertainment guru's dont feel the need to put effort into investing in a PC for home entertainment.

But now I feel this Corona technology from Microsoft will REALLY change peoples opinions on buying DVD drives for thier computer. That type of resolution. On video playback. Thats gotta look awsome.

So what does everyone think about it. Obviously I feel ATI will also lead of Nvidia with the quality of the immersion engine. And best of all... Corona is FREE!!!!!!! (well free as long as you have Windows XP) uh oh....

sounds good to me too... i cant wait to see how it works out
ZepBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2002, 11:28 PM   #3
kegking
LOL MOD ABUSE

kegking is still being judged by the masses

just what we need another m$ standard! we must be blessed!

but seriously i have just a plain ol' vga Monitor and i wont be able to use this tech for at least for a while (when the 8500 128 comes down and DVI flat screens are in my price range...frys price range .
| Lite-on 24102B | Pioneer DVD-115 |
------------------------
7/7/04 NEVAR FORGET
kegking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad