Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 24, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Sleeping Dogs looking like a first day buy!

Combat of Arkham Asylum/City
Driving of NFS
Free Roaming of Assasins Creed
Story Structure of GTA IV
RGP Elements similiar to AC

This game looks amazing, and it comes out in august! Im surpised I havent heard of this before! Check out the updated preview here http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...-sleeping-dogs

Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Updated preview from IGN

Old May 24, 2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Have no audio here at work but it looks like a GTA4 clone to me.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 24, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Jack of all trades, master of none?

Have no audio here at work but it looks like a GTA4 clone to me.
Certainly looks that way. It doesn't look like a bad game, it just looks rather bland. I think it will be a decent, but forgettable game that doesn't even compare to other games in the genre like GTA IV, Saints Row The Third, and the upcoming GTA V.

Mark my words: This game is going to be a 7, 7.5 max. I can see the review scores already.
Old May 24, 2012, 07:08 PM   #5
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Combat of Arkham Asylum/City
Driving of NFS
Free Roaming of Assasins Creed
Story Structure of GTA IV
RGP Elements similiar to AC

Why didn't you just say.

Saints Row Clone.
Old May 24, 2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Why didn't you just say.

Saints Row Clone.
Since it's trying to be serious it's more appropriate to call it a gta4 clone.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 07:16 PM   #7
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Since it's trying to be serious it's more appropriate to call it a gta4 clone.
Or a GTA/Saints Row love child.
Old May 24, 2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Or a GTA/Saints Row love child.
Sr gets no credit since this was true crime 3 before activision canned it, and the true crime series is older than the saints row series.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:39 PM   #9
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Saints Row went to **** IMO. I played the hell out of the first one. I thought it was amazing. The second one didn't even touch it, and the third I played a bit on my PC but it couldn't hold my attention for very long.

This game looks decent. I'll definitely give it a demo!
Old May 25, 2012, 03:40 AM   #10
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Sr gets no credit since this was true crime 3 before activision canned it, and the true crime series is older than the saints row series.
I always forget true crime, that was such a goode game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Saints Row went to **** IMO. I played the hell out of the first one. I thought it was amazing. The second one didn't even touch it, and the third I played a bit on my PC but it couldn't hold my attention for very long.

This game looks decent. I'll definitely give it a demo!
Saints Row 2 was the best of the three.
Old May 25, 2012, 03:55 AM   #11
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Hmm first time I heard about this game and it is coming in August. Hopefully these dudes are at e3 showing the game it looks interesting indeed.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 04:32 PM   #12
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Couldn't resist and bought it for 22$ from a friend who has access to Russian Steam store
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:49 PM   #13
Omega53
Rage veteran

Comes out in 9 days! Cant wait. It looks like a ton of fun!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Keep a close watch on the streaming sites. Should see some live game play very soon Some of the pc exclusive features.

Quote:
The game will host a variety of PC exclusive features, including a high resolution texture pack, improved depth of field, high quality shadow effects, SSAO, 3D support, Eyefinity and Surround support, and more.

Hitbox TV @ 720p http://www.hitbox.tv/deadofnightgaming

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Aug 8, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:54 PM   #15
Mangler
PC

Seems like they put some effort into the port

Quote:
On the technical side, these features include high-resolution texture pack updates, increased depth of field so small objects can be rendered from further away, high quality shadow effects and support for Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. It also has optimisations for both 3D and multi monitors on both AMD and Nvidia hardware.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rsion-detailed

Meh, damn you Dungeoncrawler!

Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:55 PM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Meh, damn you Dungeoncrawler!

Yep; I typically try to support games that do this . If the performance is there, then I'll probably get it pretty quick.

edit - srry mate; brilliant minds think alike

Hitbox TV @ 720p http://www.hitbox.tv/deadofnightgaming

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Aug 8, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 04:03 PM   #17
Mangler
PC

I hope the 3d support is good, too many games have claimed that they supported it out of the box when in reality the 3d support was pretty bad.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 04:27 PM   #18
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

That's actually looks pretty nice, but the the gameplay is propably not for me, too much gun and run.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Hmmm this game looks very good to me. I'm guessing all those previews were PC based? Hopefully the demo can tell us more. I'm a major fan of GTA type games so this will be on my radar.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Mangler
PC

I think and hope that the previews were running on the 360, since the frame rate tanked during several sections.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:13 PM   #21
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I think and hope that the previews were running on the 360, since the frame rate tanked during several sections.
Me too, it gives us PC gamers hope that it will look a little nicer but I must say,if they were on the 360, they looked pretty good
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:18 PM   #22
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=947
Quote:
System Requirements

• Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2) and Windows 7 Supported
• DirectX10, 10.1, and 11 Supported
• 32bit and 64bit Operating Systems Supported

Advanced PC Features

• Nvidia 3D Support
• Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor Support
• AMD EyeFinity Multi-Monitor Gold Status Support
• Window and Full Screen Mode Support
• Benchmark Mode

DirectX11 Specific Features

• Contact hardening shadows
• HD-AO
• Use of Direct Compute

Performance Enhancements

• Enhanced Performance on Dual Core and Quad Core Processors
• Enhanced Performance on Nvidia SLi
• Enhanced Performance on AMD Crossfire
Mouse, Keyboard, and Controller Support
• Xbox360 Controller Support
• Keyboard and Mouse Support including Key Remapping
• Auto Pad, Mouse and Keyboard Switching

Advanced PC Graphic Features

• Increased Small Object Detail
• High Resolution Texture Support
• High Resolution Shadows
• High Quality Shadow Filters
• Soft Particles
• High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
• High Quality Motion Blur
• Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

Steamworks Features Supported

• DLC Support
• Achievements
• Auto Patching
• Pre-Download
• Store Save Games to the Cloud
• Player to Player Chat

Minimum requirements

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.4 GHz
• RAM: 2GB
• Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
• Graphics card memory: 512 MB
• Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
• Hard drive: 15 GB

Recommended system requirements
• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
• RAM: 4GB
• Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
• Graphics card memory: 1 GB
• Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
• Hard drive: 15 GB
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 - 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T | 2x TITAN Xp SLI | Intel 750 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe | 4x Intel 730 SSD 480GB RAID-0 | EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire | Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Bose Companion 50 | MyTek Brooklyn DAC | Sennheiser HDVD 800 | Sennheiser HD800S

Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator | 2x ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI | 2x Intel 730 480GB RAID-0 | Corsair H115i | Corsair AX1200i | DELL S2716DG | Windows 10 Pro x64

Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB | 1Gbps FTTH
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:20 PM   #23
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks Power.

Sounds promising with those specs I believe. I'm starting to itch for this game now.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:40 PM   #24
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

a game about HK mafia and set in HK but not using chinese language? you disappoint me
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:44 PM   #25
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

.....Square Enix has announced a bonus outfit for Sleeping Dogs players who played Just Cause 2. Upon starting Sleeping Dogs, players with a Just Cause 2 game save on their console or PC will find an exclusive Just Cause 2 clothes set available in their in-game safe house.
The clothes are based on Rico Rodriguez’s outfit and will offer a bonus to players’ action hijack ability, allowing them to perform “stunt-style takeovers” of enemy vehicles from further away. The outfit will be available as soon as the game launches on August 14th....
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 - 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T | 2x TITAN Xp SLI | Intel 750 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe | 4x Intel 730 SSD 480GB RAID-0 | EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire | Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Bose Companion 50 | MyTek Brooklyn DAC | Sennheiser HDVD 800 | Sennheiser HD800S

Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator | 2x ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI | 2x Intel 730 480GB RAID-0 | Corsair H115i | Corsair AX1200i | DELL S2716DG | Windows 10 Pro x64

Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB | 1Gbps FTTH
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:09 AM   #26
Meteor
[RenJeRot] rulez!

Meteor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
a game about HK mafia and set in HK but not using chinese language? you disappoint me
Not that many ppl in the world that can understand Cantonese

But yeah..subtitles maybe? Plays like a movie, awesome..

Other: Asus EEE 1005HA / Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz / 1GB / 160 GB HDD / Windows 7
Meteor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:17 AM   #27
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Kind of surprised this game hasn't got much attention here,what's the story?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:19 AM   #28
Mangler
PC

It's a sleeper.

I don't think it's getting that much attention anywhere, people seems to be focusing on darksiders 2.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:25 AM   #29
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

Meh, I'll Pass
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:27 AM   #30
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Game looks dope. Will lay down some cockslaps for this jizzbanger, gays.