Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default 3440x1440 benchmarks

as the title says im looking for benchmarks on that res. Also i like some thoughts on my upgrade path from my furyx. My choices are naturally a 1080ti and vega64. I know the ti is faster, so lets acknowledge that right off that bat. Since i have a freesync display, would the speed gains from a ti offset the loss the freesync?
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

guaranteed the TI will be smoother than the vega64 even with freesync.

wait until AMD releases the vega refresh and NV drops prices
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I will post some **** when I get home.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 13, 2018, 06:55 PM   #4
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
guaranteed the TI will be smoother than the vega64 even with freesync.

wait until AMD releases the vega refresh and NV drops prices
Well, during the blind test of the Vega 64 and the 1080, the Vega 64 was picked as the best experience .. all the ti will bring is higher fps, but won't change the smoothness.. and that is with the Vega 64 using FreeSync and the 1080 using G-Sync. So I doubt he will get a smoother experience going to the ti, just higher minimums,maximums, averages.

But who knows, it is all in the eye of the beholder..

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Sep 13, 2018 at 08:13 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:39 PM   #5
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Higher FPS typically means smoothness. Adding another 25-30% avg frame rate will very likely feel a lot smoother than either. I have had GSync before and while it does add a level of smoothness, the average framerate being considerably higher would be better off.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Sep 14, 2018, 01:45 AM   #6
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'd probably stick with freesync tbh. Adaptive sync is a must for me now, like high refresh rates I cant go back.

Have you thought about selling the display and switching to a gsync monitor?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 06:53 AM   #7
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I'd probably stick with freesync tbh. Adaptive sync is a must for me now, like high refresh rates I cant go back.

Have you thought about selling the display and switching to a gsync monitor?
Nope waste of money imo. The Gsync version of my display is around 1600. My fs version is 1100 minus the used value. Would most likely end up costing me close to a grand for a negligible upgrade
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 07:15 AM   #8
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

For you Higgy, grab a LC Vega and be done with it.

Me personally, I'd ditch that display and make the switch. I usually keep my display for multiple GPU generations. Also, I think the TI only just handles 2560x1440 well, let alone 3440x1440.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:46 AM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
Nope waste of money imo. The Gsync version of my display is around 1600. My fs version is 1100 minus the used value. Would most likely end up costing me close to a grand for a negligible upgrade
you could see how long till NV patches it out if they can

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3300...-graphics.html

would need a AMD APU
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:03 PM   #10
Nunz
RIP Roxen

3440x1440 was do-able on a TITANX Maxwell (980TI) with GSYNC. The 1080TI will do 3440x1440 fine. That's the highest resolution I'd find acceptable for performance, because 4k/60 is not high enough framerate for me.