Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Possible ATI driver bug w/ full screen Adobe Flash projector files

On my rig, specs on the left under my avatar, (with the newest versions of Adobe Flash 9.0115.0 and Catalyst 8.6), running an Adobe Flash Projector file (a self-contained Flash EXE executable file) with "Hardware Acceleration" enabled leads to it playing like a slideshow. If the animation is maximized, it's fine, but once it goes into full screen mode, it seems to be hitting a bug making it majorly stall out.

Now, I know Flash is probably crap, and ATi is probably not to blame, but I'd figure I'd throw it out here and see if anyone else sees the same issue. When I uncheck "Hardware Acceleration" from Flash's settings, the CPU time is slightly more elevated when it is full screen compared to windowed, but there is no stutter/dropped frames.

Any potential solutions or work arounds to get hardware acceleration to work or any other reports of similar occurrences.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER

Last edited by Pr3tty F1y : Jul 9, 2008 at 11:02 PM.
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mystik is still being judged by the masses

i always figured that hardware accelerated flash was never supported on ati's
cards.

i've always tried it with every card i've had (8500, 1600, x800, 1950, 3970..)
has never worked properly with hardware accelerated flash.