Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 2, 2020, 05:12 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

as a child of the 60s & 70s what is wrong with lots of skin

prudes

all you babies would have died of apoplexy at Woodstock
yeah, I don't quite get that either, bring on the nice boobies... how can that be a bad thing?
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2020, 05:58 PM   #242
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Watched 3 episodes and gave up. Much prefer to explore the Witcher universe on the game rather than watching a medieval soap opera.

/haters gonna hate
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:19 PM   #243
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Watched 3 episodes and gave up. Much prefer to explore the Witcher universe on the game rather than watching a medieval soap opera.

/haters gonna hate
a soap opera, really... it's like any show that tries to have a story beyond one episode is now called a soap opera...
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2020, 05:07 AM   #244
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Soap opera is probably too much... it's really another television trope sitcom... I bet they solve everything in tje last five minutes... does the character have any redeeming qualities or is he another Jon Snow/Mandy?

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 05:58 AM   #245
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumajo View Post
Soap opera is probably too much... it's really another television trope sitcom... I bet they solve everything in tje last five minutes... does the character have any redeeming qualities or is he another Jon Snow/Mandy?
well lets see...
hes not the bastard son of house stark nor comes from some lame cliched ancient bloodline

hes a mutant

arguably the greatest swordsmen in the entire world

surprisingly deep character
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 08:14 AM   #246
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There's some REALLY dumb stuff in this show, but I still love it. Never played any of the games nor read the books.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:34 AM   #247
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

/haters gonna hate
Is it ironic that I got hooked on The Witcher because of you, specifically?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:02 AM   #248
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The tone of the show isn't all that different from how it is in the game from what I can tell. They are both medieval themed dramas and the characters act similar to their video game adaptations.

Many of the character interactions in the game's quests are quite similar to the show. I think it nails the source material pretty well, at least from my view of someone who has just played the games. Not sure how fans of the literature feel.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:10 AM   #249
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The tone of the show isn't all that different from how it is in the game from what I can tell. They are both medieval themed dramas and the characters act similar to their video game adaptations.

Many of the character interactions in the game's quests are quite similar to the show. I think it nails the source material pretty well, at least from my view of someone who has just played the games. Not sure how fans of the literature feel.
Agreed. The fact that this is based off the books and not the game was stressed pretty heavily pre-release, so I was pleasantly surprised when everything (Except for Triss) was so familiar.

I can't wait for the next season.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:33 AM   #250
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The whole scene with the Striga and coffin is directly from Witcher 1 intro.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:17 PM   #251
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Agreed. The fact that this is based off the books and not the game was stressed pretty heavily pre-release, so I was pleasantly surprised when everything (Except for Triss) was so familiar.

I can't wait for the next season.
Triss' casting is my biggest issue. I don't care if this does resemble the books more closely. I want my redhead dammit.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:20 PM   #252
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Triss' casting is my biggest issue. I don't care if this does resemble the books more closely. I want my redhead dammit.
Before we watched I told my wife what a badass redhead Triss is, because my wife is a badass redhead

I was disappointed
Old Jan 6, 2020, 02:47 PM   #253
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Old Jan 6, 2020, 03:13 PM   #254
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Women are incapable of fighting with a sword? WTF? He watched that whole season, with the shape shifting dragon, magic portals, lighting in a bottle, and decided the queen wielding a sword was unrealistic?

****ing moron.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 04:18 PM   #255
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Women are incapable of fighting with a sword? WTF? He watched that whole season, with the shape shifting dragon, magic portals, lighting in a bottle, and decided the queen wielding a sword was unrealistic?

****ing moron.
Yeah his take is...amusing
Old Jan 7, 2020, 02:39 PM   #256
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Is it ironic that I got hooked on The Witcher because of you, specifically?

No, I still love the game! But if I had to just sit and watch someone play it, which is what the show is plus some melodrama IMO, I'd pass.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 02:47 PM   #257
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think Triss in this series is way hotter than the game version. Way more ass and curves. She just doesn't have any personality (yet).
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:47 AM   #258
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Finished it up last night. That last episode was really something else.

Can't wait until season 2, but at least I can still play the games in the meantime.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:57 AM   #259
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:

No, I still love the game! But if I had to just sit and watch someone play it, which is what the show is plus some melodrama IMO, I'd pass.
yeah but it was Witcher melodrama

If I could afford it I would buy you a car for getting me started on 3rd person games. I would have missed a lot of great stuff if not for that.

Back to the show - it isn't perfect, but I do think it's as fine a representation as anyone else could have pulled off. I'm very much looking forward to season 2.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:21 AM   #260
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I feel like some of the issues with the first season will be ironed out in season 2. Of course the show exceeded my expectations so I'm reluctant to complain about anything, but it had some mild first season jankyness. Mainly pacing issues, and I think they should do a little bit more to ease newcomers into understanding all the characters and exposition that you'd only understand if you were familiar with the books. I didn't read the books, but I played all the games thoroughly and I still needed to look up some things to properly understand what was going on. My wife was totally lost most of the time, even though she did still enjoy it.

But, I just hope the show does not lose any of its charm when they try to improve upon it. In recent memory this happened with Stranger Things. The success of the first season and bigger budget going forward really hurt what I liked about that show, but success will do that.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:04 AM   #261
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I think the season could have been improved for non witcher fans, if they added a bloody "year 1253" or whatever for each scene, as some of the scenes are so far apart in the timeline, and also doesn't help that Geralt's kept time jumping around.
This is the first time I've had anything to do with the Witcher series since I never played the game or read the books and I was left fairly confused by it. I found it difficult being introduced to the world, the characters and its mechanics combined with these time jumps that aren't really identified in any way.

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:14 AM   #262
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcl7 View Post
This is the first time I've had anything to do with the Witcher series since I never played the game or read the books and I was left fairly confused by it. I found it difficult being introduced to the world, the characters and its mechanics combined with these time jumps that aren't really identified in any way.
I think folks who are familiar with the Witcher's world take a lot for granted thinking non fans/gamers will pick it up quickly.

It's easy to assume the potions are battle aids or the like, but without the history it's questionable, among other things.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 01:04 PM   #263
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I think folks who are familiar with the Witcher's world take a lot for granted thinking non fans/gamers will pick it up quickly.

It's easy to assume the potions are battle aids or the like, but without the history it's questionable, among other things.
That is what I assumed the potions are, what are they then?

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 01:10 PM   #264
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcl7 View Post
That is what I assumed the potions are, what are they then?
Oh they are - perhaps I worded that badly. I meant it's relatively easy to figure out what the potions are for. It's that he looks different based on which he's taken, and without knowing more about them, it can get confusing. That's all - I just used the potions as an example. One gives strength, another endurance, another extra healing...

Other things like mentioning the Wild Hunt, trying to figure out exactly what's going on with Ciri's powers, how she is so drawn to Geralt can be confusing without any back story, especially with the time lines being changed without warning.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 02:26 PM   #265
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I didn't realize there were more than one type of potion. I just thought he had one kind of potion that gives him temporary superpowers.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 02:30 PM   #266
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Timeline that may help for those who were confused watching the show:

OBVIOUS SPOILER WARNING

Old Jan 10, 2020, 02:30 PM   #267
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I didn't realize there were more than one type of potion. I just thought he had one kind of potion that gives him temporary superpowers.
Don't even tell me you never played the games!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 08:10 PM   #268
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Netflix has a cool and informative interactive map with tons of info about the show's timelines and the world itself.

LINK
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 08:20 PM   #269
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Netflix has a cool and informative interactive map with tons of info about the show's timelines and the world itself.

LINK
That's pretty cool! I had not heard about it, thanks for posting it.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 09:24 AM   #270
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post

LINK
Awesome! Thanks. +rep
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote