Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:30 AM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

damages, destructibles and bullet casings
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:29 PM   #512
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Im sure it'll scale treeck. I just hope the maps are bigger.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:32 PM   #513
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I hope my 4870 1 gig and AMD PHII X2 /w unlock quad-core @ stock can handle this BF3.
You can't even start the game with that setup, you will have to invest in a new gpu if you want to play bf3 since it's dx11 only.

Or did it also support dx10, I cant remember.

/edit
Seems like it supports both.

Last edited by Mangler : Mar 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:38 PM   #514
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just doesn't support dx9.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:44 PM   #515
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Just what we need: More "quicktime" events! Bulletstorm did it, Crysis 2 did it, and now Battlefield 3 is doing it. It's the new "cool" thing to do!

I'm still very unimpressed with what I've seen of this game's single-player. The visuals/animations are the only positives I've seen, and the little destruction they've shown. I'm confident they'll give us some excellent goodies in multiplayer though. In this month's PC Gamer issue, a DICE represenative also stated that the PC will be getting some goodies that console players will not get other than the 64-player limit. I can't wait to see what it is they're hinting at.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:55 PM   #516
Cordl3ssPen
nareteV D3egaR

Cordl3ssPen is still being judged by the masses

It said the full 12 minute reveal will be on April 17th. Can't wait to see what they'll show then.
Cordl3ssPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:05 PM   #517
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
You can't even start the game with that setup, you will have to invest in a new gpu if you want to play bf3 since it's dx11 only.

Or did it also support dx10, I cant remember.

/edit
Seems like it supports both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Just doesn't support dx9.
Yup, it seems only support DX10 and DX11. But if it is only support DX11, it would forces me to upgrade my GPU.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:27 PM   #518
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I think it's going to prompt me to get a new computer.

Use my old one for music stuff only.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:11 PM   #519
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2 View Post
I thought green was the new brown
Since when was green associated with 'realism'?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:13 PM   #520
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGGlety View Post
Wtf they doing with colors these days?

EVERYTHINGS grey. Did the same too MoH.
Its like they used a color pattete of 16 colors and 25million shades of grey.

Sand and grey are boring me now. I wanna see some lush greens/greenery.
I hope this aint a trend.
Well the trend moved from post apocalyptic brown to 'realistic' grey.
I think the next logical step would be black and white. Not even sure these graphics engines support other colors........
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:56 PM   #521
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

ragejg is still being judged by the masses

Am I seeing some tessellation there?
ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:58 PM   #522
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
i think it might be too much of a performance hit. no?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:00 PM   #523
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i think it might be too much of a performance hit. no?
It ran on the single GTX 580. I think they were using an i7 processor.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:27 PM   #524
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
how culd you tell....??
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:30 PM   #525
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Damn april fools in Australia
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:26 PM   #526
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Well so far nVidia's strongest point in regards to gaming performance has been tessellation, and that's running on a 580gtx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 05:34 PM   #527
JesterOnYer6
Banned

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

Thread Defibrillator activated.......
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:55 PM   #528
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:32 AM   #529
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/dice-%E...oring%E2%80%9D

Battlefield 3’s campaign to be more tightly scripted than DICE's open Bad Company titles, says Patrick Bach.

Swedish developer DICE has revealed that combat in its upcoming shooter Battlefield 3’s campaign more closely resembles the tightly-scripted likes of the Call Of Duty series, rather than the open, sandbox style of its previous Battlefield 2: Bad Company games.

Executive producer Patrick Bach told us: “I don’t see it as an absolute goal for all games to be sandbox games. We’ve been building sandbox games for quite some time and we’ve got pretty good at it, but I don’t see that as the only way of building games, because then we wouldn’t build campaigns at all.

“In some cases they aren’t, but in most cases sandbox games are hardcore, boring, hard to get into and they are not very popular.”

Battlefield 3 is powered by DICE’s new Frostbite 2 engine, meaning that the series’ trademark destructible environments will be even more impressive than before. Bach, however, points out that the technology is posing its fair share of problems during development.

“Just the fact that the environment can change dynamically creates a huge challenge for us when it comes to AI,” he explains. “[It] puts a lot of challenges to our AI code when it comes to finding new cover, reacting to the fact that it has disappeared, moving and flanking based on the new situation.”

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:42 AM   #530
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/dice-&#...oring%E2%80%9D

Battlefield 3’s campaign to be more tightly scripted than DICE's open Bad Company titles, says Patrick Bach.

Swedish developer DICE has revealed that combat in its upcoming shooter Battlefield 3’s campaign more closely resembles the tightly-scripted likes of the Call Of Duty series, rather than the open, sandbox style of its previous Battlefield 2: Bad Company games.

Executive producer Patrick Bach told us: “I don’t see it as an absolute goal for all games to be sandbox games. We’ve been building sandbox games for quite some time and we’ve got pretty good at it, but I don’t see that as the only way of building games, because then we wouldn’t build campaigns at all.

“In some cases they aren’t, but in most cases sandbox games are hardcore, boring, hard to get into and they are not very popular.”

Battlefield 3 is powered by DICE’s new Frostbite 2 engine, meaning that the series’ trademark destructible environments will be even more impressive than before. Bach, however, points out that the technology is posing its fair share of problems during development.

“Just the fact that the environment can change dynamically creates a huge challenge for us when it comes to AI,” he explains. “[It] puts a lot of challenges to our AI code when it comes to finding new cover, reacting to the fact that it has disappeared, moving and flanking based on the new situation.”

not sure if that entire thing was a joke but bit about the AI is funny if its true considering even back as far as half life 1 and before it enemy AI would move to another wall if say a destroyable box they where hiding behind got blown up.

Last edited by CoolNitro : Apr 5, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:42 AM   #531
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/dice-%E...oring%E2%80%9D

Seriously, this is epic lol-iness
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:43 AM   #532
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Hmm, not sure I agree there. Sure, some scripted moments can be kinda cool, but when you see them for the 20th time they kinda get old. I don't mind scripted stuff as long as there are multiple paths to achieve the same eventual goal.

However it just sounds to me as though DICE wants to show off its destruction, and probably has some "sweet" scripted destruction sequences planned, therefore a sandbox game wouldn't work with that.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:57 AM   #533
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Great so theyre gonna spend their time and resources making a tight, scripted, cod clone, sp campaign when they should be making big kick ass sandbox MP maps...

If this game comes out with under 8 MP maps I will be pissed, and they better not be too tight MoH/Vietnam style..
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:58 AM   #534
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Great so theyre gonna spend their time and resources making a tight, scripted, cod clone, sp campaign when they should be making big kick ass sandbox MP maps...

If this game comes out with under 8 MP maps I will be pissed, and they better not be too tight MoH/Vietnam style..
I think that I speak for the majority when saying that BF3 has a SP campaign as a bonus, not as the main attraction.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:00 PM   #535
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
I think that I speak for the majority when saying that BF3 has a SP campaign as a bonus, not as the main attraction.
Yes I would hope so, my point is I'd rather see them make more MP maps than a cod style campaign.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:52 PM   #536
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

This just in-

Battlefield 3: Special Forces announced!
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:45 PM   #537
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:48 PM   #538
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post

What, didn't you hear, oblivion, fallout/nv, gta4 and rdr flopped horribly, they only sold like 5 million+ copies per title.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:51 PM   #539
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
What, didn't you hear, oblivion, fallout/nv, gta4 and rdr flopped horribly, they only sold like 5 million+ copies per title.
Yeah, it's almost as if they are saying, "if you are not CoD you are not very popular" which is a pretty stupid statement since every game could fill that blanket statement.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:35 AM   #540
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

wow, that is completely retarded (in the proper sense) if they want people to like their campaign... the best parts of the BC2 campaign were the later levels when the game opened up and gave you room to move around and attack objectives as you like.. hell even then it was extremely scripted and you could usually only take each objective from a certain attack route... for **** sake, they are choking their own game

EDIT: Example, the most open level in the game.

Want to tell me how that is not already linear corridor level design? (when you actually fight that is)
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?

Last edited by theshadowcult : Apr 6, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote