Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:46 AM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Looks good!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:52 AM   #422
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

the earthquake was awesome
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:04 PM   #423
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'll handle my money to them
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:25 PM   #424
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

The only thing "wrong" with that demo was the helicopter, it really just seemed to be sitting there doing nothing just to lead upto the big moment where it got flattened. Some radio chatter from the pilots or it opening fire on enemies would have made it had some purpose besides it getting flattened.

Does look incredibly good though.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:52 PM   #425
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

EA pulled the video from youtube, is there another link?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:56 PM   #426
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:58 PM   #427
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Wheres the HUD?
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 03:27 PM   #428
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

That vid from Tork above looked like definate joypad gameplay.

EDIT: having looked at it again, I dont think thats the case, it looks like mouse.

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Mar 4, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:07 PM   #429
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Do you still play 1942 Acid? I still have that and dc installed and hop in and rape from time to time. I don't share the hatred that you have for bfbc2 though, I think it's a pretty fun game in it's own right and nothing like cod.
I tried to run 1942 recently just to mess about with da DC choppahs but alas it crashes when the mouse is moved in the first menu. I could still boot to XP but it would be nice to have it working in W7 (already tried enabling compatability mode for XP). Any ideas?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:17 PM   #430
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Okay, Battlefield 3 is officially at the top of my most anticipated games now, even if it lives up to only half of what I just saw in these gameplay videos.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:25 PM   #431
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
I think I just drooled a little. Best shooter of the year or what?

My god I can't wait, day 0 buy for me! Holy ****. Those jets looked incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:45 PM   #432
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I really want to believe in this, but until i see actual people playing/demoing the real thing i still have my doubts.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 05:55 PM   #433
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
I really want to believe in this, but until i see actual people playing/demoing the real thing i still have my doubts.
Im pretty sure the guy playing it was in the same room with the machine, had a gtx580 in it according to one of the dice devs on twiter.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:05 PM   #434
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Im pretty sure the guy playing it was in the same room with the machine, had a gtx580 in it according to one of the dice devs on twiter.
http://twitter.com/repi/status/43350154291589120

http://twitter.com/themobsoftware

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:34 PM   #435
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post

Old Mar 5, 2011, 03:39 AM   #436
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Nice, but was he actually controlling it? Because i mean because the scene seemed to be jumping forward like how a movie has been clipped together. Sorry cant open twitter links from where i am. Dont get me wrong, BF series is my all time fav, so if someone was playing that level LIVE as in using the mouse and keyboard then holy hell. Many months away still from release and the thing is running damn smooth.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 03:55 AM   #437
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I saw the whole gameplay video and it was someone playing you could tell. This game looks ridiculously awesome. I just hope that it doesn't have that same washed out look as BC2. No matter what I did to tweak the picture settings it always had that slightly washed out look.

I am hoping BF3 is a little more saturated because I want to see all the colors of this amazing looking game... 64 player matches.. the pc is the lead platform. Frost bite 2 destruction 3.0

Crysis 2 demo was a little downer for me.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:54 AM   #438
WhAt3v3r
Radeon Northern Islands

WhAt3v3r is still being judged by the masses

GTX 580 baby!!!!! Did you see the smoke from the machine gun!!!! That's putting effort into it.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:57 AM   #439
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm glad that the demo was only running on one gtx580, it probably means that I will not have to upgrade my rig for bf3.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:06 AM   #440
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
Yes please someone post another link. I...must...see!!!
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:27 AM   #441
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Yes please someone post another link. I...must...see!!!
http://kotaku.com/#!5777182/unoffici...d-3s-a-stunner
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:31 PM   #442
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

BF3 isn't a TWIMTBP title is it? I know BF2 had shadows that unless you had an nV card, they looked all blocky.

Will it have physX? etc?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 04:50 PM   #443
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
Thanks Mate, I appreciate it.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 05:55 PM   #444
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
BF3 isn't a TWIMTBP title is it? I know BF2 had shadows that unless you had an nV card, they looked all blocky.

Will it have physX? etc?
You can use RadeonPro to run the spoof ID, or alternative program (I forgot what it called).

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:40 PM   #445
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

This is the first time in history I will say this: EA, TAKE MY MONEY.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 01:23 AM   #446
Hippo
Radeon HD 5850

Hippo is still being judged by the masses

I think DICE is equally in bed with ATI and Nvidia. BUT Frostbite 1.5 was built with a lot of help from ATI ( i believe).
Old Mar 6, 2011, 06:18 AM   #447
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm still holding out for some less obviously "demo" footage (though that's probably still months away), but the engine certainly looks promising...

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 06:39 AM   #448
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
I think DICE is equally in bed with ATI and Nvidia. BUT Frostbite 1.5 was built with a lot of help from ATI ( i believe).
oh yea, so what exactly did ATi contribute to the frostbite 1.5 engine?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 06:41 AM   #449
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
It does run better on nvidia hardware though.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:24 AM   #450
fellix_bg
Don't lettuce on me!

fellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I think the shadow issue was ATi's fault. Their hardware at the time wasn't capable to do bilinear filtering on FP textures -- the shadow maps used in BF2 were in FP32 or FP24 format.

Life has more imagination than we carry in our dreams...
fellix_bg is offline   Reply With Quote