Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 23, 2019, 04:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cooling Highly venomous brown recluse found in woman's ear

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Susie Torres thought she had water in her left ear.

When it would not go away, she went to see a doctor and was in for quite a surprise when a medical assistant first checked her out.

"She ran out and said I'm going to get a couple more people," Torres told 41 Action News. "She then said, 'I think you have an insect in there.'"

Torres said, while she did not know exactly what was in her ear at that point, she did not panic.

"She came back in and told me it was a spider," Torres said. "They had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out."

Doctors later told her it was a highly venomous brown recluse spider.

Luckily, after a checkup, doctors told her the spider did not bite her.

"I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body," Torres said.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a bite from a brown recluse can cause itching, muscle pain, increased sweating, headaches, nausea and/or a fever. The CDC suggests treatment by a medical professional for any brown recluse bite.

Torres does not know where the spider came from, but said she will now take a few precautions, including before she goes to bed.

"I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs," said Torres. "I'm pretty terrified of spiders."

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...-in-womans-ear
Dubya-Tee-Eff?

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2019, 04:33 PM   #2
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

cotton balls

I would burn house down and build a new hermetically sealed one with airlocks and spray for bugs in a 1 mile radius
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2019, 05:41 PM   #3
Notbilly
Radeon R420

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

I've slept with earplugs for almost 30 years now, ever since I watched a movie called Mountains of the Moon (someone who saw that movie might remember the particular scene that stuck with me)
Notbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 23, 2019, 06:20 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2019, 06:16 PM   #5
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This thread needs more pics!

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2019, 06:33 PM   #6
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

This actually happened right in the area of town where I live. There are a lot of wooded areas around and brown recluse spiders are common. It will probably shorten my lifespan, but I spray the heck out of insecticide around my house to keep them and other creepy crawlies out.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2019, 07:18 PM   #7
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

you post alot of scary animal stories
Old Aug 24, 2019, 08:01 PM   #8
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Most people don't know they're born with a spider in each ear. Don't you hear it scratching around, burrowing deep?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:18 PM   #9
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Most people don't know they're born with a spider in each ear. Don't you hear it scratching around, burrowing deep?
That explains rather a lot, really.

I had a bad brown recluse infestation about 10 years ago. One of the big things is avoiding clutter. Because of computing, I had clutter. Their favorite nesting place was the fiberboard/ papier mache' thing in which my racing wheel came. I had the damn things in my hot tub. I had to check the little rubber pillows to make sure a spider wasn't on the backside of one. Luckily no one got bit.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 08:22 AM   #10
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

See, this is why I moved to Montana. We don't have many venomous insects or poisonous reptiles around. It's just the mammals we gotta watch out for.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2019, 04:29 PM   #11
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
See, this is why I moved to Montana. We don't have many venomous insects or poisonous reptiles around. It's just the mammals we gotta watch out for.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 09:34 AM   #12
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
My cousins lived in Montana when I was young, lots of rattlers on there lands.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:46 AM   #13
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
My cousins lived in Montana when I was young, lots of rattlers on there lands.
[IMG]https://mcleodmt.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/snakes-of-mtfront_jan2008.jpg[IMG]
http://fwp.mt.gov/recreation/safety/wildlife/snakes/
Of the ten snake species that live in Montana, only the prairie rattle-snake is venomous. Also known as the western rattlesnake, the prairie rattler is found in open, arid country and ponderosa pine savannahs. It often dens on south-facing slopes in areas with rock outcrops.

That would explain why we don't worry about them where I live. I'm west of the Rockies. Not many snakes at all out here.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:42 PM   #14
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

The Woman Whisperer ? (from the spider's point of view...)