Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:37 PM   #5161
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Was just reading the 3080 Ti yields are really low. Surprise 100 card launch for the world.
they maybe trying to see if the on mining block works before cranking out more

first weeks are always slower on a new added card we will see
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:42 PM   #5162
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Are you surprised? nV has probably been binning these for weeks/months.

Another "unobtanium" release......

Quote:
NVIDIA's Entire GeForce RTX 30 Lineup Including The GeForce RTX 3080 Ti To Get Revised Ampere GPUs To Tackle Cryptocurrency Mining
While we had already got a hint of this happening a few weeks back, Igor's Lab has dug up some more information with the help of their sources at graphics card manufacturers. According to the source, the initial batch of the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card based on the GA102-225-A1 GPU core was still not fully protected against cryptocurrency mining. The GPU in its current QS state is still able to produce full hash rate performance in mining algorithms with the existing 470.05 BETA driver.

Quote:
To tackle this, NVIDIA has now submitted a newer Ampere GPU which should be known as GA102-22*-A1, & will be mass-produced for the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card instead of the GA102-225-A1 SKU. The new GPU is already in mass production and won't work with any existing drivers. The GeForce RTX 3080 Ti isn't the only GPU that will be getting a revised Ampere SKUs, in fact, the entire lineup will be getting newer chips as listed below (Rumor):
Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 - GA102-300-A1 -> GA102-302-A1
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - GA102-200-A1 -> GA102-202-A1
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - GA104-300-A1 -> GA104-302-A1
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - GA104-200-A1 -> GA104-202-A1
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - GA106-300-A1 -> GA106-302-A1
The source reports that it is possible to flash the old GPU firmware on the new GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card but that doesn't come without its own set of issues. NVIDIA has devised a way that if users flash the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card with the older BIOS firmware, that would result in a black screen and vice versa.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...rrency-mining/
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:56 PM   #5163
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Honestly I don't believe this card is going to be worth an upgrade from a standard 3080. Maybe 8 to 10 percent if lucky.
It's got be to less than 3090, right? And that's barely worth it performance wise...... never mind the higher price.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2021, 02:32 PM   #5164
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It's got be to less than 3090, right? And that's barely worth it performance wise...... never mind the higher price.
for 4k the 12gb may matter for 1440p and lower no
Old Apr 19, 2021, 03:46 PM   #5165
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

With the mining locks, even if there's a way around it, if they can make it challenging enough then that will at least discourage your mom and pop miners. A lot of people mining probably don't know much about what they're doing.

Quote:
I feel like AMD priced the 6900 XT pretty well at $1000. It still wasn't a good deal compared to the 6800 XT, being 50% more expensive for only 15% more performance, but in the end you were only paying a couple hundred premium so you could sort of justify it if you wanted to splurge. (Now of course $1000 is practically a bargain!) Of course, the only thing that actually adhered to that price point was the reference, so...

Realistically, whatever Nvidia set to MSRP to on the 3080 Ti, it's only going to be reasonable on the reference and EVGA. The other AIBs are selling 3080s for $1050-1100, so 3080 Ti is going to be like $1500 as Nascar24 said. I'm not getting my hopes up.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 03:51 PM   #5166
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Realistically, whatever Nvidia set to MSRP to on the 3080 Ti, it's only going to be reasonable on the reference and EVGA. The other AIBs are selling 3080s for $1050-1100, so 3080 Ti is going to be like $1500 as Nascar24 said. I'm not getting my hopes up.
Agreed.

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2021, 04:34 PM   #5167
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

isn't EVGA prices going up next month also ?
and has evga done a queue on any of the newer SKU's never saw one on the full water 3080

they price it too high and i will just wait for RDNA 3 and hope mining does even worse with MCM and Infinity Cache then it does with just Infinity Cache
at this point i think it will be out in less than a year
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #5168
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

LOL, the guy in front of me on the unofficial step-up queue received his step 2, but I didn't. Granted, it's an unofficial queue so not exactly representative of everyone in there, but it sucks being right on the edge and not receiving it!

Fortunately I still have a few weeks until the price increase goes into effect, so here's hoping. I'll laugh if I get the step 2 the week after the price increase goes into effect.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #5169
acroig
Troll Mod

I'm 4 minutes away on the Hybrid, not gonna happen.

yoz
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #5170
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My new 3080 mining rig, got room for a few more:

Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:56 PM   #5171
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Move those on to a pier for better lighting. Your photos will look sensational.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote